Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

So if they get to Div 1 and with a billionaire owner they would be in a better position than we were on minus 10. They should get 3 successive promotions, no problem.

indeed. Quite how a less deserving club keep coming up roses is beyond me.

indeed. Quite how a less deserving club keep coming up roses is beyond me.
They got away with it, they havent really had the medicine they really should have. If Eisner takes them on they have got another get out of jail card

Lighten up, it'll still be funny!

They've been telling us for five years how they don't want to be involved in bigger games, they are happiest owning their own club with proper football in the lower divisions - the complete opposite to Mr Disney's plan.

Then we'll have the discovery that the sheets of A4 were donations, the Trust will be split over the takeover, they'll try to retain power, all set against the backdrop of a midtable League One season of mediocre disappointment - it'll be hilarious.

Meanwhile they'll be needing approx £10m to get into the Championship and £50m+ to sort out the ground.

It'll be interesting to see the look on Mr Eisner's face when he gets into the detail of the current business - he needs very deep pockets linked to low expectations.

Once again you look at the owner and wonder what is in it for him?

The last time I asked that question the answer proved to be money laundering and a dodgy property development.

They've been telling us for five years how they don't want to be involved in bigger games, they are happiest owning their own club with proper football in the lower divisions - the complete opposite to Mr Disney's plan.

Then we'll have the discovery that the sheets of A4 were donations, the Trust will be split over the takeover, they'll try to retain power, all set against the backdrop of a midtable League One season of mediocre disappointment - it'll be hilarious.

Meanwhile they'll be needing approx £10m to get into the Championship and £50m+ to sort out the ground.

It'll be interesting to see the look on Mr Eisner's face when he gets into the detail of the current business - he needs very deep pockets linked to low expectations.

The last time I asked that question the answer proved to be money laundering and a dodgy property development.

Exactly. And they definitely won't want an identikit stadium as Fratton Park atmosphere is the stuff of legends. Just ask Henry.

This absolutely, the comedy goes on - who would have thought an unflushable turd could provide so much entertainment?

This thread has years to run yet :-)

Even when they are owned lock, stock and barrell by yet another foreign businessman with no previous connection to the club you can absolutely guarantee they will find some way of describing themselves as [the biggest ever] fan-owned club.

you forget that when they were in front of the High Court judge on of their former leaders wrote their business plan on the back of a fag packet. I suspect they will iron it out (unlike the sheet on their conference table) and put that under Eisners eyes

It's already written in cast iron stone as a Portsmyth. They invented that song, and no other facts are going to stop them from saying it.

I'm fairly sure I've got a video of Saints fans singing it at one of our European Away games from as little as 4 months ago (or 3 and a half months before Portsmouth invented it, if you like)... Which is not to suggest we invented it either, we definitely nicked it from someone else, and I first heard it in Israel.

I'm fairly sure I've got a video of Saints fans singing it at one of our European Away games from as little as 4 months ago (or 3 and a half months before Portsmouth invented it, if you like)... Which is not to suggest we invented it either, we definitely nicked it from someone else, and I first heard it in Israel.

Yep, I first heard (saints related) it in Israel.. A group of lads a row or 2 ahead of me were trying to get it going all game.

Heard Leicester sing it earlier this season, Grimsby 2 or 3 years ago, England start of this qualifying campaign... the list goes on.. for them to try and take credit for it is absolutely laughable. Strange bunch.

A few small snippets of update from inside FP [emoji102]

- Someone within PFC has been given access to Eisners Twitter account. They can post (with approval) Pompey related tweets. They don't want him being typically American and out of touch.

- Mr Disney is looking for 100% ownership, so that's no fan ownership at all. However it's likely the PST will have a representative on the board. Who will be given the "power" to make decisions on stuff like matchday entertainment, a kit vote etc.

- £4m needs to be spent on the stadium to keep it as it is now. Not sure if that's common knowledge already.

9574c43f00cc41e4f6d570a18bda52fa.jpg

Don't you believe it. This is the ticket to the promised land of the PL win all right thinking football fans will have wanted for the plucky biggest club on the south coast who fell on hard times through absolutely no fault of their own.

Get your Skate bingo cards ready because Factless is going to be diddling himself absolutely rotten over this and you can guarantee his next article is going to start something like 'High was the sun and also our hearts as we set forth on our latest venture..... blah, blah....... sleeping giants....... blah blah...... fratton faithful...... blah blah...... ad nauseum'

Fair play to them though, they seem to have found the one delusional billionaire who wants to waste his money.

I also quite like the 'there will be a member of the Trust on the board who will still have power' idea. Because the power to choose the half time entertainment is really what football is all about, and don't you let anyone say otherwise.

If Eisner takes over Pompey then I think this thread might go on a lot longer. Do a bit of Google research about his leadership at Disney after company President Frank Wells sadly died in a helicopter crash in 1994. There are good reasons why he was forced out of Disney by Roy Disney and the other major stakeholders.

Things might get interesting again...

So, £4m to keep their safety certificate. Desperate times at FP.

Yep..... 4million just to stand still while all around them up and coming clubs, like Eastleigh, are putting together plans for future-proof modern stadiums on the back of sound financial advice.

Scrooge McDuck is going to be putting his hand in his pocket for quite a bit more than 4 million if he wants the skates to get into the Promised Land for the first time in their short career.

Hold on, let's just back up a bit....

£4m to patch up the stadium? - with their annual income at £6m....with no profit to use for this purpose. :o

That's the equivalent of us needing to spend £100m just to keep SMS open.

If that figure is correct then it's the pluckiest, most passionate, bestest fan-owned serious problem in sporting history.

The sort of problem that sees your ground half-closed in the summer, the sort of problem that desperately needs an urgent resolution, the sort of problem that leaves you accepting any offer on the table just to keep you trading.

If this is true about the costs then this takeover HAS to happen.

The Trust cannot negotiate or demand anything, they will have to accept any deal - and they need to accept it ASAP.

I see trouble ahead....

Yep..... 4million just to stand still while all around them up and coming clubs, like Eastleigh, are putting together plans for future-proof modern stadiums on the back of sound financial advice.

I'm not sure there's an awful lot of sound financial advice being offered (or, more accurately, listened to and acted upon) at Eastleigh, to be fair...

£4m to patch up the stadium? - with their annual income at £6m....with no profit to use for this purpose. :o

If that figure is correct then it's the pluckiest, most passionate, bestest fan-owned serious problem in sporting history.

The sort of problem that sees your ground half-closed in the summer, the sort of problem that desperately needs an urgent resolution, the sort of problem that leaves you accepting any offer on the table just to keep you trading.

The Trust cannot negotiate or demand anything, they will have to accept any deal - and they need to accept it ASAP.

I see trouble ahead....

Right, so that's the fit and proper person bit done then.

Shame that this chap never got his hands on the club... would have been a perfect match...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3130260/national-gallery-painting-james-bond-slashed-first-pictures/

Man arrested for ‘slashing £10mil National Gallery Painting’ demanded private lawyer as he told court of his millionaire status

Accused Keith Gregory, 63, is believed to be same man who unsuccessfully tried to buy *Portsmouth football club in 2011, claiming he was a millionaire clothing salesman

The 63-year-old self-proclaimed millionaire faced court yesterday, charged with criminal damage to the 232-year-old painting.

Senior district judge Emma Arbuthnot adjourned the case until Thursday and remanded him in custody.

Gregory said at Westminster magistrates court: “My father was a very important freemason by the name of Jimmy Gregory.’’

He refused to accept the solicitor representing him, adding: “I asked for a private one. I asked for a rabbi as well.”

When asked if he could pay for a private one, Gregory replied: “There’s plenty of money in my account. I have £1,050,000.

“I have just bought another house outside London for £485,000. I paid cash on all these.”

Gregory is thought to be the same man who tried to buy *Portsmouth football club in 2011, claiming he was a millionaire clothing salesman. The deal never went through.

If Eisner takes over Pompey then I think this thread might go on a lot longer. Do a bit of Google research about his leadership at Disney after company President Frank Wells sadly died in a helicopter crash in 1994. There are good reasons why he was forced out of Disney by Roy Disney and the other major stakeholders.

Things might get interesting again...

I see trouble ahead....

Bring it on. I have new supplies of popcorn.

giphy.gif

I'm not sure there's an awful lot of sound financial advice being offered (or, more accurately, listened to and acted upon) at Eastleigh, to be fair...

This.

It seems they are going all out for the FL without any real plan (on the pitch). If they don't come up soon (or actually get a plan together on the pitch), I can see them falling back to exactly where they came from.

This.

It seems they are going all out for the FL without any real plan (on the pitch). If they don't come up soon (or actually get a plan together on the pitch), I can see them falling back to exactly where they came from.

Swaythling?

He actually says

Fratton Park requires an estimated £1m worth of work carried out over each of the next five summers potentially to keep it up to scratch.
then add's
But it is an ongoing programme – you are taking about £4-5m over four to five years
. There is no way they can afford that without a takeover/ external investment.

This deal is do or die for them...

This deal is do or die for them...

Or.... if they follow the example of the previous football club to play at Fratton Park prior to 2012, the deal will be: "do or go into administration (twice), reneging on the CVA (twice), shafting local businesses, charities, players and staff in the process, all whilst the Football League turns a blind eye and bends over backwards to stop them going under (aided and abetted by politicians, the judicial system and HMRC)"

Edited by trousers

My god, I don't think I had really realised how bad of a situation they are in, until I had read that.

So to summarise they currently have:

A stadium that is literally rotting and falling apart, and requires a minimum of £4m to keep it running.

No training facilities.

No academy.

A squad valued at probably below £10m

I really do not see what is in this for any investor. I doubt one that is looking to asset strip would want to touch them lot.

If this new bloke is serious then he will need to cover the costs of a new stadium, proper training facilities and invest in an academy, you're looking at £100m alone for that.

I see the lunatics are again talking about running Fratton around 90 degrees and rebuilding that way to 35k - 40k (their obsession with having a bigger capacity than us never fails to amuse me). Surely since Tescos land locked them this is no longer an option? Can anyone confirm this?

Also, since when did they start referring to it as "the Old Girl" ala European Giants Juventus, aka the Old Lady? Literally never heard that before a year or so ago, it's even worse than the media fawning over West Ham leaving the Boleyn Ground (that no one ever referred to it prior to 2010) FFS

Let's cut to the chase here - the fan-owned fantasy is over, it has failed.

They cannot finance the ground repairs as the figures don't stack up so it's the end of the road for the Trust.

It was a nice try, never mind, bring on more property developers...

Have they got listed building status? A blessing and a curse. They might be able to preserve a few metres of the timbered facade. I suppose any building site in a city has some value but it's in prime retail shed and workshop territory and not a posh flat location. Obviously worth more than the repair costs, mind..

Let's cut to the chase here - the fan-owned fantasy is over, it has failed.

They cannot finance the ground repairs as the figures don't stack up so it's the end of the road for the Trust.

It was a nice try, never mind, bring on more property developers...

I'm surprised that haven't arranged to borrow the money required to do up the Old Tart.

Surely there's a reliable Hong Kong based businessman, who would see it as a profitable investment?

I see the lunatics are again talking about running Fratton around 90 degrees and rebuilding that way to 35k - 40k (their obsession with having a bigger capacity than us never fails to amuse me). Surely since Tescos land locked them this is no longer an option? Can anyone confirm this?

Also, since when did they start referring to it as "the Old Girl" ala European Giants Juventus, aka the Old Lady? Literally never heard that before a year or so ago, it's even worse than the media fawning over West Ham leaving the Boleyn Ground (that no one ever referred to it prior to 2010) FFS

It can be done, I did see some drawings some time ago of how it would/could be done in phases. It would take more time and money than starting from scratch though. Don't hold your breath!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})