Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

An article in the Sun today confirmed that the lifetime tickets were issued by the old club, this is now a new club formed after administration. So along with those lifetime tickets all the history is.................history.

An article in the Sun today confirmed that the lifetime tickets were issued by the old club, this is now a new club formed after administration. So along with those lifetime tickets all the history is.................history.

Ah. Another case of pick and choose which history to keep from the old club and which history to disregard. I see.

Have they been taken over yet? It's only a month or so until the new league kicks off so surely the takeover is done and dusted and the long awaited cash injection has been injected to allow them to make the necessary upgrades to the tatty timber tabernacle to ensure the safety certificate is granted. Or will they have yet another season of reduced capacity with thousands of plucky young kids missing out on the chance to watch their heroes become villains and back again?

This couldn't be yet another tyre kicker could it?

Have all the improvements needed to FP been done yet? Wasn't he putting aside £5 million for that? And let's not forget those all important signings for their charge to the L1 title.

It would appear Mickey and the gang are taking their time.

Happy 8th Anniversary Nutjobs, the thread that just keeps giving.

:scared: 8 years?

How many little nutjobs have been born in that time? Let us know if you have had one (or more)!

We should have a big party two years from now. I nominate Rallyboy and Trousers to organise it.

The good news is that there will be a party, in the executive suites at Fratton - Lord T and I have been giving pompey a tenner a week for the last eight years and they've been looking after it for us.

And don't be worried, it's ringfenced and can only be used for our party, so it's a really safe investment.

I can't wait to sit down in the original chair that King John sat in to sign the Magna Carta, with all of you people gathered around Arthur's Round Table sat on chairs from HMS Victory, eating off the crockery used at the Final Supper - being careful not to spill anything on the famous table cloth, formerly the Shroud of Turin - it'll be great!

I'll ring them later and see how much our investment is now worth...I've heard some amazing figures over the years, people converting £40 into £10,000 - though thinking about it, that might have been the other way around...:scared:

So far he has removed season tickets for lifelong season ticket owners. I approve of the new management.

(Actually tbh I don't, this is a **** move I don't care who the fans are).

And he's done this without investing a penny...truly a skate owner of the finest traditions!

Their big friendly against Eastleigh is off which will probably annoy any of their fans who were hoping to cause a bit of bovver in an SO postcode.

Just like none of them did in 2015 the last time they had a friendly there.

Nice of this guy to take his boy to see a proper ground. The little lad can't resist taking photos on his phone to remember such an occasion before being forced back to their hellhole.

One of the comments "That was me, dad to take a detour en route to West Quay" - Nice of him to spend his (benefits?) money supporting our local economy.

I could have done the same as that lad at Fratton Park when I went to see a women's international a few years ago, only I didn't have my surgical gloves to keep my hands safe.

Pamplemouse, GB, (or anyone really) you couldn't PM Steve Grant to tell him I paid two weeks ago? I noticed last night I'm still on 3 posts a day. Ta.

Brett Pitman signs for them, of course Portsmouth is a massive step up from Ipswich according to the skates, but in reality, 14 goals in 2 seasons suggests League 1 will be his level...

Will probably be a decent signing for them though. I think they got a bit lucky when another club came calling for Cooky and they were able to get in a decent manager. Although Wigan beating them will be funny for the meltdown.

Brett Pitman signs for them, of course Portsmouth is a massive step up from Ipswich according to the skates, but in reality, 14 goals in 2 seasons suggests League 1 will be his level...

Will probably be a decent signing for them though. I think they got a bit lucky when another club came calling for Cooky and they were able to get in a decent manager. Although Wigan beating them will be funny for the meltdown.

He's the type of player who will score plenty in L1. He will be on big wages.

He looks like a decent L1 signing, 14 goals in 61 goals in Championship, before that only got 13 in Bournemouth's Championship promotion season, but L1 is no Championship. Still not sure how they can afford him tbh. :)

He looks like a decent L1 signing, 14 goals in 61 goals in Championship, before that only got 13 in Bournemouth's Championship promotion season, but L1 is no Championship. Still not sure how they can afford him tbh. :)

It's surprising, they've always been so prudent with their finances.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})