Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

More sick making articles in the News. This one goes on about Milan again and says Ronaldinho described the atmosphere at Fatpipes as 'the best in world football'. Now the journalist is suggesting that Ronaldinho could finish his career with the pikeys too.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/wilson-s-wisdom-ronaldinho-exit-sparks-fratton-memories-1-6988834

He does seem to be a good fit for them though -

"He made nine appearances in three months and was apparently booed by his own fans during a defeat last month. He failed to score in any of those games and did not provide an assist either."

They do seem to be establishing a culture of booing...which is a bit out of order when it's 0-0.

Perhaps they are starting to realise that they are about as special as Mourinho - your own self-congratulatory hype only carries you so far.

It may one day dawn on them that the real heroes of world football are fans of struggling clubs like Sunderland and Newcastle who pay top dollar to watch sh!te, but turn up in numbers for ALL games, not just when they are playing Southampton.

They do seem to be establishing a culture of booing...which is a bit out of order when it's 0-0.

Perhaps they are starting to realise that they are about as special as Mourinho - your own self-congratulatory hype only carries you so far.

It may one day dawn on them that the real heroes of world football are fans of struggling clubs like Sunderland and Newcastle who pay top dollar to watch sh!te, but turn up in numbers for ALL games, not just when they are playing Southampton.

Every one knows they deserve only the best of the best, la creme de la creme and Tescos Finest. What they can actually afford don't enter into it

I wonder who they will sign first, Ronaldinho or Riquelme? Exciting times.

They absolutely battered Yeovil. Hopefully other teams can scrape draws like this otherwise they might get back their rightful level of the third division

Steady on, old chap. There's no room for such gushing praise on this thread.

Throwback Thursday....

and what right does anyone have to know where the money comes from, the premier league need to know and thats it a far as I am aware. And I suggest if you are saying we are or have been receiving money from an untoward source you back it up with hard fact and not heresay...well...come on then...show me the proof

bit like saying redknapp allegedly takes bungs, proved yet is it? No, didn't think so....

Mero, occasionally grounded, but still capable of the odd Ho moment.

Meanwhile in the news today....

The Trust are now exploring the option of a golden share, which could be used to veto any potential sale should the group fall below a 10 per cent ownership stake in Pompey.

Have they finally realised that they need external funding to progress or are they just worried about erosion of shareholding?

I'm not sure any potential buyers will be too impressed with a 10% shareholder demanding that they jump through hoops.

The eternal problem - they want to own it, but want someone else to fund it.

I'm sure their pro-bono lawyers advised them during the setting up of the Articles of the new Company to include all the safeguards they need in relation to potential new owners. After all, you do get what you pay for in life.

Or to put it another way, we only hold 48% of the shares and we are out of money so what we'll do is put out a story about owning a 10% 'golden share' while we beg the HNW's for more money which will reduce our share to 10% so that should keep the mugs (fans) quiet

Oh and because we can't move from the Kipper Shed we'll say that we aren't moving because we want to preserve it.

What tripe

There is no way the Abaramovich type figure they are praying for would accept someone else owning 10% of the club. That's like buying an expensive meal and giving someone else 10% of it because they like food too. Not a chance in hell of that working. Not that anyone with any sense would be interested in buying the shame of modern football

Or to put it another way, we only hold 48% of the shares and we are out of money so what we'll do is put out a story about owning a 10% 'golden share' while we beg the HNW's for more money which will reduce our share to 10% so that should keep the mugs (fans) quiet

Oh and because we can't move from the Kipper Shed we'll say that we aren't moving because we want to preserve it.

What tripe

There is no way the Abaramovich type figure they are praying for would accept someone else owning 10% of the club. That's like buying an expensive meal and giving someone else 10% of it because they like food too. Not a chance in hell of that working. Not that anyone with any sense would be interested in buying the shame of modern football

Thing is, if it wasn't for their incessant self-aggrandising about being fan-owned, most people would say finding a legit buyer and keeping a 10% fan share was probably a decent idea for them - as long as they were fussy about who they sold to for once (and assuming there would ever be a buyer).

Having seen the Newport fans' rapid and impressive ability to pick up the reins immediately when they saw the club could be in financial trouble with their millionaire owner leaving (announced he was leaving in February, club taken over pending FL approval in September, community share funding from Fans' Trust confirmed end of September) you wonder why it took the Skates plummeting 3 divisions, losing everything except the ground, accepting a further 3-ish owners even after the rot set in, and then AND ONLY THEN, when there were absolutely no other viable options open to them, actually doing something to fundraise and take ownership of the club. I can accept that fund-raising a takeover probably wasn't viable for a while, but even then they took years to put something together and they nearly went completely out of business - they had the opportunity to be fan owned as a Championship club but no-one bothered to do anything and they put together another admin and ignored a CVA in the meantime.

They're fan-owned because they have no assets other than an ancient, expensive to run, ground that they can't replace, and nowhere to move to even if there was someone willing to pay for it, so no-one will buy them. They *should* be actively encouraging someone to take over who might actually put something into the infrastructure, but you just know they won't stand for the on-pitch stuff coming first.

In unrelated news, Newport have just replaced a temporary stand IN THE AWAY END with a permanent structure at a ground they only have 1/3 shares in with 2 rugby clubs. Infrastructure. The first fans to use it? Portsmouth next weekend. :D

Could it be Because they are a bunch of no mark glory hunters with a massive chip on their shoulder about the

Premier League Club just up the road and they can't cope with the fact that their club just doesn't have the fanbase to sustain them at the top level so they will stop at nothing to try and be better even though it always ends up failing?

What a load of bollards, if anyone rich enough and daft enough came along to buy them they would bite his/her bl**dy hand off irrespective of any 'golden share' ! On top of that, they are still perfectly capable of welcoming crooks and despots with open arms and nothing more than a cursory version of due diligence !

The leopard never changes its spots, you see !

Watch this space :)

They'd rather be tiny in League 2 with a 'fan owned' club than tiny in the PL with a wealthy backer. They're utterly obsessed about it. The irony being, of course, that they aren't actually fan owned but are still tiny in League 2.

Can someone please summarize this in easy terms for someone who doesn't care enough to properly inform himself?

The trust realises it will diminish in ever decreasing circles and they want to make sure that however small they get, there will be no entity bigger? Something like that?

Can someone please summarize this in easy terms for someone who doesn't care enough to properly inform himself?

The trust realises it will diminish in ever decreasing circles and they want to make sure that however small they get, there will be no entity bigger? Something like that?

They want a big slice of something belonging to other people without paying for it. See also page 1, 2, 3, ..........2088 etc

They want a big slice of something belonging to other people without paying for it. See also page 1, 2, 3, ..........2088 etc

Hilarious. The leopard never changes its shorts

Can someone warm up the Portsmyth thread. Since our financial statement is out I'm expecting a lot of hilarious comments about how we are in debt and katarina is going to sell etc.

Don't be too harsh on them, after all, they haven't been around as long as us....

pompey_incorporation.JPG

southampton_incorporated.JPG

Don't be too harsh on them, after all, they haven't been around as long as us....

pompey_incorporation.JPG

southampton_incorporated.JPG

Woah there!

You seem to be implying that this is a completely new entity that has only played us once since its inception, which was a draw.

So now I'm confused...... The fans of this new football club keep banging on about history and cup wins and a single 4-1 result.....

But they can't have done all that since 2012 so that makes me think that someone somewhere is telling porky pies or they are conveniently ignoring historical FACT.

Can this be true?

They'd rather be tiny in League 2 with a 'fan owned' club than tiny in the PL with a wealthy backer. They're utterly obsessed about it. The irony being, of course, that they aren't actually fan owned but are still tiny in League 2.

would we f**k! you been listening to them ****s on POL to long, football in div4 is shyt We are being run by amateurs, and couched by worse, The sooner some rich idiot comes along the better, We are not fussy he can be as straight as a nine bob note, as long as he's loaded :suspicious:

Seems like a good plan, what could possibly go wrong?

How long before one of Portsea island's leading financial experts pops up with a theory that we are so far in debt that the club is likely to go pop at any moment?

Now where did I put that pamphlet on how to explain the difference between servicing debt and insolvent trading to people who don't want to hear it and who can't grasp simple economics....

Seems like a good plan, what could possibly go wrong?

How long before one of Portsea island's leading financial experts pops up with a theory that we are so far in debt that the club is likely to go pop at any moment?

Now where did I put that pamphlet on how to explain the difference between servicing debt and insolvent trading to people who don't want to hear it and who can't grasp simple economics....

What next? Lessons in business ethics from Sepp Blatter? Sex therapy with Rose West?

Had to visit a customer today and my contact there is a ST holder (for what its worth) at Notarf I had to keep my mouth shut when he tried to wind me up about our debt and how being a fan owned club was the way forward and that they had enough coming in to cover their costs and some, poor deluded barsteward.

would we f**k! you been listening to them ****s on POL to long, football in div4 is shyt We are being run by amateurs, and couched by worse, The sooner some rich idiot comes along the better, We are not fussy he can be as straight as a nine bob note, as long as he's loaded :suspicious:

Note to conversion team, subject appears to be weakening. High levels of dissatisfaction with the current 'management' at Fratton Park are noted. Subject may be open to possible conversion to a red and white life. Dispatch a covert team to hide a season ticket under his pillow

Fusionator How can they say they acted immediately. Over 1 year ago I reported officially through health and safety that there were fleas and the leaking roof. One year on we have a bucket for the leak and the boss is blaming staff for bringing in a pet. Why then has the fleas travelled on many of our clothes back to our homes. Total neglect and they should be held accountable. We are all really angry. We appreciate THERE are cuts. But don't lie about how quick you acted. It has been infested for over a year and its also infested with mice. Let's say it as it is and stop pretending. Honesty and integrity. The most important values we have. Where is the honesty in this report. Very angry. Too little too late.

Brilliant.

Mero, occasionally grounded, but still capable of the odd Ho moment.

Meanwhile in the news today....

The Trust are now exploring the option of a golden share, which could be used to veto any potential sale should the group fall below a 10 per cent ownership stake in Pompey.

Have they finally realised that they need external funding to progress or are they just worried about erosion of shareholding?

I'm not sure any potential buyers will be too impressed with a 10% shareholder demanding that they jump through hoops.

The eternal problem - they want to own it, but want someone else to fund it.

I am deluded just ignore me ;)

Enjoying this season though, first time in along time. Hell even my non league club are doing brilliantly.

I am deluded just ignore me ;)

Enjoying this season though, first time in along time. Hell even my non league club are doing brilliantly.

tbf I enjoyed Lg1 and the Championship more than the PL, when we were winning and going up the leagues that is. The first year of Pardew, losing away in lg1 sat in the rain with my feet in a deep puddle, not so much.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})