Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Thanks for making ‘Played Up #Pompey’ the best-selling book at Portsmouth Waterstones this Xmas! Still on sale too!!

And it's over to Rallyboy for a suitable punchline... :)

Portsmouth has a bookshop. I'm not falling for that !

I was in a meeting this week and 2 employees of The News were there. Got chatting to one afterwards and mentioned I was a scummer. Eventually this thread got mentioned and he laughed. Apparently a few of them follow it quite religiously. Although impressed by our collective knowledge and humour, they do put stuff out there purely to see if it appears on here. My guess is Neil took a picture of that specific page just to see if he could get a bite on here.

Hi Neil. :wave:

Just so you know, your colleagues find your one sentence paragraphs funny too.

They also mentioned he's a nice guy, which I refused to believe.

I was in a meeting this week and 2 employees of The News were there. Got chatting to one afterwards and mentioned I was a scummer. Eventually this thread got mentioned and he laughed. Apparently a few of them follow it quite religiously. Although impressed by our collective knowledge and humour, they do put stuff out there purely to see if it appears on here. My guess is Neil took a picture of that specific page just to see if he could get a bite on here.

You can tell that #factless is thinking about this thread when he writes some of his garbled gibberish.

It's no surprise to me that the news hacks are silent nutjobs, the amount of scoops we've put on a plate for them over the years, we pretty much earn their wages for them.

No Xmas card from the c*nts though.

They now sit 3 points behind Northampton who are 3rd and have a game in hand. They're 4 points off slipping out of the play offs with a lot of teams below having a game in hand (Accrington have 3 games in hand).

I can't see them not going up but they are a small poor run away from slipping out of the play offs.

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Thanks for making ‘Played Up #Pompey’ the best-selling book at Portsmouth Waterstones this Xmas! Still on sale too!!

CWsbushWsAAkcxS.jpg

And it's over to Rallyboy for a suitable punchline... :)

Not a bad effort for a book that doesn't float in the bath...

You sound creepy.

The Portsmyths are in full swing over on POL. Or at least they were, as these posts were all before Boxing Day...

There's also a startling admission from Corporate Ho :scared:

They should be very worried.

They are lauded as a template for the non-big clubs to aspire to, eg. academy. Now count the number of Englishmen in their starting line-up...

if they do go down the pan figuratively speaking then watch their gates tumble as they've done in the past when up against it.

You forgot to mention how poor the level of "support" from some of our own fans is.

The Portsmyths are in full swing over on POL. Or at least they were, as these posts were all before Boxing Day...

There's also a startling admission from Corporate Ho :scared:

he goes on about our 'poor level of home support'

yet we have had higher gates all but 2 seasons in the last 50 or something like that

what the hell is he on about?

He's talking about the recent trouble we had when we still averaged a higher attendance than the skates despite them being in the PL and us in League 1.

Just an allusion to the tired old attendance debate which your average skate trots out when they have nothing better to say

You'd think they'd avoid mentioning attendance like the plague. But I think in their world of Portsmyths they genuinely believe they have a bigger following.

I noticed from a photo that they also had a third/half of the stand at Brisbane Road.

I heard in Portsea that the last time we went there we only sold 35 tickets and had to apologise to Orient.

It was the same at Wigan, they famously sold out there and we struggled.

Probably.

Does anyone actually keep away fan attendance figures? I only ever see total figures, no breakdown.

So it's kind of an easy argument for them to mythify since the figures aren't readily available. (Or at least don't seem to be)

However I sincerely doubt we ever had a sub-100 away fan attendance at any match - that kind of thing would generate media comment

Held 0-0 at home to the mighty bottom half of the table Hatters this afternoon.

1 point from 6 over Christmas.

Maybe they've got one eye on the additional revenue to be had by going up via the play-offs rather than automatic promotion...?

Apparently they had a free kick go wide. The tannoy bloke got a bit ahead of himself and announced the goal scorer. This game will forever be remembered as the game they actually won 1-0 #Portsmyth

Does anyone actually keep away fan attendance figures? I only ever see total figures, no breakdown.

So it's kind of an easy argument for them to mythify since the figures aren't readily available. (Or at least don't seem to be)

However I sincerely doubt we ever had a sub-100 away fan attendance at any match - that kind of thing would generate media comment

I was at Ayresome Park Middlesbrough in the early 1990's. We lost. Jimmy Case got sent off, I think. There were 89 of us there that evening. I know, coz I counted everyone.

Catlin saying that they were worried about selling their full allocation for their FA Cup tie at Ipswich? Surely some mistake....?

Just proves they're a far smaller club than Ipswich. The 'Tractor Boys' easily sold 5k for their trip to Southampton in the cup this time last year...and still wanted more.

#pluckylittlep*mpey

From POL

I was starving and nursing a hangover and at half time I couldn't wait for my tea so I went for food and a drink at half time and they had sold out of everything, people were moaning, I thought we had got over these teasing problems with the refreshments?

the waste bins in the South Stand toilets are the size of a shoe box. By 1445 the waste paper is cascading all over the floor and out the door

Like many supporters, I'm getting a bit frustrated that the club has nothing more to say about the key issue - stadium development - but a Peter Storrie-style announcement about an announcement that then crumbles to dust would be worse.

the tesco car park is well to big for their needs (unless the shop is busier on a non football sat).

Can they give us an extra 10 foot at the back of the fratton end and round the side near ransom gate?

the scoreboard clock stopped again all these gripes on this thread are just basic problems the club should see and put right it would make such a big difference

my lad went to the loo at Half time and witnessed people smoking in the cubicles, he found a steward and told him, the Steward told him thanks but then walked off in the other direction and took a position at the top of the stairs by the South stand. Also on the Last home game they gave one lad hell for standing and threatened to kick him out, this week there were a bunch of blokes standing throughout the whole game and not a word was said to them.

And whilst we're on the subject of the bestest, it seems like they were true to form at their recent match

a steward in the FE not far form where I sit went to a young man in this early 20's and told him to sit down or he would be removed, when the bloke said no he was only doing what others were the steward got really lairy, why pick on one person when 100's are doing it.

I did see a commotion down the front in the second half where 2 guys got kicked out near the front behind the goal,

I saw the stewards pulling a few of them out although there wasn't any reluctance on their parts, they seemed quite happy to be kicked out!

some of them were clambering over the seats and chanting odd stuff

Unsavoury incidents before and after corresponding fixture last season, added to by tip offs /intelligence suggesting potential trouble once again, prompted heavier police presence including horses this time around. Add to this a growing issue of a 'known' group of young louts masquerading as Pompey fans (new age 657 wannabes no doubt) searching for 'aggro' at home games as well as travelling to away fixtures for same reason.

Reassuring to know this is being monitored with appropriate measures are being taken place when necessary. Thankfully, with presence of CCTV around our city enabling proactive Policing of matches, a return to the dark days of the 70's and 80's is hopefully very unlikely and disturbances will be restricted/controlled.. The Newport home fixture will no doubt have similar operations in place

Feck knows how much it cost because those horses were from Thames valley. H ants doesn't have any.

Paris Appeals Court had acquitted Gaydamak (senior) on most of the illegal arms trading charges against him in the Angolagate affair, and had convicted him only of a tax violation and related money laundering charges.

Gaydamak was sentenced to three years.

Let's remember that this is the guy who Storrie admitted had really owned pompey with his son as the public face of the few.

So the man who bought them the cup has been convicted of money-laundering and tax evasion, having done a deal to get off the illegal arms dealing.

Nice CV.

One of the most advanced ticketing systems in the country = delusion.

F*ck me gently how advanced can you make a system that sells tickets?

A: Hello, I'd like a ticket please

B: of course, that will be £X.xx please. Thank you. Here have a printed piece of card which represents your purchase.

One of the most advanced ticketing systems in the country = delusion.

F*ck me gently how advanced can you make a system that sells tickets?

A: Hello, I'd like a ticket please

B: of course, that will be £X.xx please. Thank you. Here have a printed piece of card which represents your purchase.

Only a truly advanced system could explain how their season ticket sales can apparently be spent so many times in so many ways, either that or their *massive* income is another #Portsmyth

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})