Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Is that because they don't need a safety certificate for next season? They've been surviving with a series of waivers and a bit of blind eye.

The Hillsborough verdict found both the club (Sheffield Wednesday) in the independent safety inspector partly liable for the disaster, so I think inspections from now on will be a bit more rigourous.

They had serious access and escape issues in the past, and I havent seen that they have fixed those. So could be facing either a big spend or another capacity reduction.

Some complete melt has done one of those dumbas$ things on Twitter -

Which is the bigger club

R/T for Pompey

like for Southampton

The responses are as inevitable as they are dull. Especially from the skates wh have used it as an opportunity to fall back on FACTS........

Some complete melt has done one of those dumbas$ things on Twitter -

Which is the bigger club

R/T for Pompey

like for Southampton

The responses are as inevitable as they are dull. Especially from the skates wh have used it as an opportunity to fall back on FACTS........

Totally pointless and dull. On the other hand Saints are winning easily, so not all bad :D

The board is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

That's the message I get

I am having a Weston Super trying to get it back online

I might start the forum from scratch again, see if I can weed a few of you out. Especially you Hyperchondriac lol

I might start the forum from scratch again, see if I can weed a few of you out. Especially you Hyperchondriac lol

I have to give you credit Mero, weeding out a few Saints fans from those hundreds of thousands of fans must be time consuming. Good luck with the new site though

I have not logged on to my POL account for a while.

will do a when the season is underway

This is the main reason why I've still not got round to upgrading this - the fear of having to spend a week rolling everything back :scared:

We've bought a licence for Invision Power Boards, but it's so wildly different that I need to test the conversion script in anger, and then get the skin done properly.

Totally pointless and dull. On the other hand Saints are winning easily, so not all bad :D

Backfired quite spectacularly.

Mind you its one of those accounts by a fan boy in love with a random player. They tend to say 'tears' and 'screaming' as a form of nonexistent laughter. Odd bunch those teenagers.

BT internet fault prevents sales of season tickets....

Hmmm..... I wonder..... Surely not???

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/pompey-unable-to-sell-tickets-due-to-bt-fault-1-7478300

That'll teach them to pay their bills on time.

In other news, the pluckiest hacked 5 past their 7th tier neighbours (known locally as 'the Barca of Waterlooville') in a breathtaking display of lower league grit and determination. Apparently.

Edited by Waterside.saint

Their plucky heroes were thrashed by a recently-promoted 5th tier side but managed to beat a 7th tier team, which suggests their natural home is perhaps somewhere inbetween - the National League South.

Their plucky heroes were thrashed by a recently-promoted 5th tier side but managed to beat a 7th tier team, which suggests their natural home is perhaps somewhere inbetween - the National League South.

Nothing to worry about.

Sutton were National League South champions last season. Salisbury on Tuesday should be easier opposition.

If I was looking to win promotion I would put out the strongest team and attempt to destroy the opposition in these friendlies - for at least the first half.

What are they going to learn from tinkering about and losing at Sutton?

Wonder if the 'Fratton Faithful' realise that Paul Doswell, the Manager of Sutton Utd, is a big Saints fan

Last time I saw him was in the St Marys Megastore where he was buying a load of flags and scarves etc for him and his family prior to the JPT final

I wonder if the cry of 'Scummer' echoed round the Sutton Utd ground earlier this week?

Given that most skates still lick the point on a pencil before writing inarticulately and with 'challenged' spelling and grammar I'm guessing the world of social media is not their forte....!

If I was looking to win promotion I would put out the strongest team and attempt to destroy the opposition in these friendlies - for at least the first half.

What are they going to learn from tinkering about and losing at Sutton?

The manager is trying to convince the owners that they need to dig far deeper into those empty pockets to buy lots more quality players with money they haven't got.

Theo WIDDERINGTON - not Tommy's son surely? Widderington is not exactly a common name.

Nope.

1. His name is Widdrington not Widderington.

2. His son is called 'Kai' and he's a dancer not a footballer http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14377276.Southampton_dancer_Kai_Widdrington_set_to_appear_in_Brendan_Cole_s_latest_dance_show_at_Mayflower_Theatre_this_weekend/

Nope.

1. His name is Widdrington not Widderington.

2. His son is called 'Kai' and he's a dancer not a footballer http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14377276.Southampton_dancer_Kai_Widdrington_set_to_appear_in_Brendan_Cole_s_latest_dance_show_at_Mayflower_Theatre_this_weekend/

Edit : Apparently he has another son called Theo who is a footballer though....

The manager is trying to convince the owners that they need to dig far deeper into those empty pockets to buy lots more quality players with money they haven't got.

It's amazing what you can find in the depths of an empty pocket or down the sofa when you're desperate. For example, I once found a winning lottery ticket with Keira Knightly's number written on the back in lipstick, but that kind of thing happens once in billion years, I doubt pompey would be that jammy.

I haven't been to Warsash for some time. What constitutes a night on the lash there? Drinking cider out if a paper bag whilst sitting in the car park?

The Silver Fern has cider for a £1 with a burger meal, can see a team breakfast in there.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})