Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

He's off but I don't see it as good news. He's not a very good manager at all and apart from a run of 8-9 games towards the end of the season, he's been very underwhelming.

This!! But it's feckin good news, The useless know it all p**sed up scouse c**t, with the backing he's had from the idiots on the top table should of been promoted last season,

make a change from watching a team pass it along the centre line for 80 min's of a game,:rolleyes:

Didn't Saints fans loose a lot of money on shares, proper shares that is, when the holding company went into Administration.

Yep. Fortunately it was only like a bit of a play punt for me, and to have a few AGM rights, I knew I'd never make money on them.

Bottom half Championship with occasional forays down to League One until they find someone to build them a new ground which doesn't cost them a fortune.

I've thought about this long and flacid. I think I'd like to see them on the world stage of the premier league........every other year. A perpetual cycle of humiliation where everyone can see it. Open top bus parade for play off win every other year, followed by public shaming for finishing bottom the next. .....i can dream!

Yep. Fortunately it was only like a bit of a play punt for me, and to have a few AGM rights, I knew I'd never make money on them.

The same for me. I lost about two grands worth of shares. When i say 'lost' it wasn't exactly lost because I would never have sold the shares. It might have been nice for former shareholders to have some sort of acknowledgement after the take over. I know that's naive.

The same for me. I lost about two grands worth of shares. When i say 'lost' it wasn't exactly lost because I would never have sold the shares. It might have been nice for former shareholders to have some sort of acknowledgement after the take over. I know that's naive.

If you know it's naive then you're not naive.

I seem to recall that we wanted to pool them so we could vote Rupes out at the AGM. The shares were quite high when I bought mine with my son and son-in-law but gradually reduced in value over time. We did not have many though.

Only the skates would be so disrespectful towards such an entertaining manager (for us), the manager who got them promoted.

Also quite liking the way they think League one is going to be a breeze for them.

This thread is never going to die is it?

"Football clubs strive to identify managers to fit into their respective ambition. Rarely is the right choice made in what is an unpredictable science."

Astonishingly poor drivel as usual from Factless.

"Football clubs strive to identify managers to fit into their respective ambition. Rarely is the right choice made in what is an unpredictable science."

Astonishingly poor drivel as usual from Factless.

Should read "Poor football clubs..." and make up your own conclusions.

It is amusing that the angle taken is "obviously he'd stay at Portsmouth but for the takeover which means they can't afford to pay him more right now...".

Or the new boy on the block ain't as stupid as the bunch of ****heads that are on there way out, Cook'still got a year on the Tab, so dangle him wait for wigwam to take the bate, and they will owe us at least a Macky Deeee as well,

Win Win,

Or the new boy on the block ain't as stupid as the bunch of ****heads that are on there way out, Cook'still got a year on the Tab, so dangle him wait for wigwam to take the bate, and they will owe us at least a Macky Deeee as well,

Win Win,

Seeing as you've got no-one in a position to make decisions at the moment and captain Doyle's just decided to join Coventry instead of try League One again, I'd say it was more a case of people trying to get out while their stock is relatively high.

Not inconceivably, he may instead have taken residence in a bar during a well-deserved post-season sabbatical.

Possibly in the drunken company of McInnes, if my Pompey supporting bar steward (really) is correct in recounting the tale of their behaviour down Goldsmith Avenue at the end of the season..

It's actually very difficult not to imagine John Major writing that 'not inconceivably' and reading it in his voice..

According to the loud mouth skate idiot standing 5 yards behind me at the golf yesterday, the reason Cook is going is that the promised promotion bonuses and pay rise for him and his coaching staff are not going to be paid.

Cook rightly taking offence and leaving as he doesn't think the club have the money.

It never ends down there does it?

“After we got promoted I stated how I wanted to stay at the club for a long time, how much I loved the club and I didn’t want to leave."

I wanted a new long term contract, on more money. I made sure I told the fans what they wanted to hear.

"The big disappointment then was in the next couple of weeks. It was quite clear which direction the club wanted to go in with the new American owners coming in.

My request fell on deaf ears. Eisner clearly doesn't rate me.

"With a heavy heart I decided now was the right time to move on. It wasn’t the Portsmouth that I had joined.”

I'm glad to get away from the moaning dinlos. The Riquelme talk has restarted.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})