Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big watch out next season if you are going to away games especially Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool according to POL . Apparently fans of these clubs are massively supporting P**pey in their hour of need and will be very hostile to our fans because of us being nasty to the skates.

Please please be careful going to any of these games !!!

@officialpompey: "5-1 and we still love you" sing the #Pompey fans

or "5-1 and we still love you , apart from erik, liam, ben, dave, chinny and the trust" as is more accurate!

I am also enjoying the fact that 2 saints "lads" are playing for this team that they love so much! haha!

So it's 10th August. That's obviously because:

a) He has to give the staff 17 days notice, or

b) That is exactly the day his cash runs out, or

c) He has yet another "agenda".

Can't the bloke ever speak the truth? Just once?

So it's 10th August. That's obviously because:

a) He has to give the staff 17 days notice, or

b) That is exactly the day his cash runs out, or

c) He has yet another "agenda".

Can't the bloke ever speak the truth? Just once?

Perhaps he has a holiday booked for the 11th. Liquidate then flee the country.

"If the new owner does not take over the liabilities and guarantee £10 million of football creditors then the Football League will not transfer its share and the club will go under. To save the club we are frantically trying to negotiate with players such as Kanu and Tal Haim. We have offered Tal Haim a substantial compromise which he has turned down, so it is difficult to negotiate.

"Perhaps he is playing a game of bluff. Perhaps he thinks we are bluffing that the new owner will save the club and still pay him or accept his liabilities going forward."

:lol:

I don't think so, Trevor. I'm sure TBH (legend!) knows you are not bluffing that Chinny won't save the club and also pay him, or any of the other magnificent 7 (....Varney you fool).

Unfortunately (for you and Chinny, anyway) he also knows that when the cesspit is liquidated there's a very good chance he'll get most of what he's owed back from the parachute payments.

Nice try though!

I must say I am impressed by the fact that Appy is of such a calibre as a coach that he can buck the trend of hollywood cliche endings and has managed to turn a group of competent players into a team of no-hoper's.

@TonyHusbandBBC: #pompey Portsmouth FC will close on August 10, if existing players do not agree compromise deals or move to other clubs, administrator says.

Oh Tony, Tony, Tony....please don't tell me you've fallen for the same mantra...

Are there any savvy journalists out there?

Serious question.

what a great training camp!

Big earners isolated and insulted by being left at home.

No one worth signing.

Nine goals conceded, one scored.

Sponsor insulted after forking out for a 'pompey pre-season' that was in fact a holiday for stangers.

Club now re-seeded below the Isle of Wight and Jersey in world rankings.

On reflection, Cotterill's US comedy roadshow tour in the style of Spinal Tap meets Frank Spencer now looks constructive.

So what's better for us in terms of LOLs?

1. Players stand firm & they are liquidated.
  2. Players cave in & BC takesover
  3. Players & BC allow PST to takeover.

I'd be happy with all three!

For long terms lols, this. :)

That's the underlying beauty of this saga....there is no bad scenario outcome from our perspective :-)

@TonyHusbandBBC: #pompey Portsmouth FC will close on August 10, if existing players do not agree compromise deals or move to other clubs, administrator says.

Oh Tony, Tony, Tony....please don't tell me you've fallen for the same mantra...

Are there any savvy journalists out there?

Serious question.

Have tweeted him to ask if he has heard the Graham taylor interview but don't expect anything to happen.

2, without a doubt. I really would laugh my arse off to see this team of no-hopers get thrashed all the way down to League 2 and beyond. Then, when Chainrai cleans up on all the PPs within a couple of years, the Trust can take over and live within their means of their 4,000 - 5,000 average gates.

Back on the theme of people with credibility who could have become owners of a football cluband run it professionally...

Look what has become of a blast from our past...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/9422639/Libor-scandal-Anthony-Salz-to-lead-Barclays-review.html

Anthony Salz to lead the Libor rigging review

Oh the alleged irony

I spoke with him many times during the 2nd Lowe regime and found him very helpful and a massive Saints fan interested only in the club's well-being. A ST holder in the Kingsland as well.

I wonder how much it would be to have a plane fly over Fratton on the big day with a little farewell message from us trailing behind? Worth looking into to considering all the media that will be down there reporting. Would be a final and painful nail in their coffin.

I wonder how much it would be to have a plane fly over Fratton on the big day with a little farewell message from us trailing behind? Worth looking into to considering all the media that will be down there reporting. Would be a final and painful nail in their coffin.

As previously suggested....

"So Long, and thanks for all the Fish."

Recommended retail price = £500; Special Pompey price = £2

@bigadamsport: Just arranged for Trevor Birch to enlighten us further at 0820 tomorrow morning on @BBCRadioSolent #pompey

Will they ask any killer questions though...?

What would be the best killer question? Something about what Gordon Taylor said today? How would you word it?

What would be the best killer question? Something about what Gordon Taylor said today? How would you word it?

I've just tweeted him saying it would be good to hear what Birch thought about Taylor's comments re: guaranteed parachute payments to players.

Phil, Eric, I fly into DBX from bne on the 11th. Better arrange for a celebratory drink! (can we find a place during Ramadan?)

Find a place during Ramadan, hmm tough one. We might have to go to a Pub.

Will be great to see you give us a PM (pubs open at 8pm btw & Ravi's will be open for Iftar from 7pm)

I've just tweeted him saying it would be good to hear what Birch thought about Taylor's comments re: guaranteed parachute payments to players.

I asked him this - 'Why are they continually just singling out 'the players'? Especially in the light of Gordon Taylor's statement this pm.'

To which he answered - 'Because the football creditors rule means they fall outside CVA %, & nobody wants to pay them all they're owed.'

I asked him this - 'Why are they continually just singling out 'the players'? Especially in the light of Gordon Taylor's statement this pm.'

To which he answered - 'Because the football creditors rule means they fall outside CVA %, & nobody wants to pay them all they're owed.'

But surely that's a condition of the golden share, whatever potential buyers are prepared to pay.

Cool! I've got a day off on the 10th of August... might have to have a BBQ and beers to celebrate :)

Ditto!

Will it be one of those "where were you when you heard the news?" moments that we will all look back on fondly for years to come...?

For those that missed it this morning...

A transcript of part of the Gordon Taylor interview this morning:

"Portsmouth has been a problem for a long long time now. It's been badly handled. Our members there have given up wages for a long long time. They're looking at trying to help save the club. They were prepared to do settlements and compromise on that. We got cooperation from the Premier League for future parachute monies to at least guarantee those payments that they were prepared to wait years to get back but the potential new owner of the club doesn't want that to happen and so it's a real stand-off at the moment"

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})