Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Dear #factless. The ONLY reason you have not sacked a Manager since 2009 is that every single one you have appointed since then has run away screaming aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Err, no, not the only reason ;)

I suspect that the fact that they have been bankrupt since November 2009 would also mean that they haven't been able to afford to sack their managers - I suspect there has been one or two they would like to have fired....

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Disgrace about McDermott, Reading should back their managers like #Pompey do. Last #Pompey boss sacked was Paul Hart on November 24, 2009.

They haven't been sacked because Uncle Avram, the Clot and UnAppy had the sense to walk before things got really really bad

The fact that Avram is regarded as a hero even though he led them to 20th place in the league says it all :facepalm:

I suspect that the fact that they have been bankrupt since November 2009 would also mean that they haven't been able to afford to sack their managers - I suspect there has been one or two they would like to have fired....

And according to the snooze, Connolly was responsible for the rousing half time team talk on Saturday so you wonder how long Whittingham & Awford would have been there for if they could afford to pay them off...

from recent FL comments I suspect they are looking to carry it over.

We all know that it's unknown territory and different to others, but it's a punishment, and using the power of a private members' club to use discretion, the FL like to carry them over so they actually punish.

Let's not forget that the Premier League sanction did nothing so they got away with that one - as well as everything else.

I expect them to survive the court battle, but they won't dodge the points penalty, so I suspect it will be -10 in League Two.

Unless Connolly fires them to safety...

His mission is exactly that: To ensure that they're still alive by the deduction deadline, hence carrying the sanction to next season, when they are inevitably relegated to League Two after his form worsens in April. Given the short timing, no wonder he is on his bike!

Connolly is a hero!

I give him three weeks before his status reverts back.

As for pompey being held up as an example of how much bigger clubs should treat their staff...:scared:

I don't see Reading leaving a trail of shafted backroom staf or getting sued by former players, and I didn't see their manager bothering prossies behind a low mileage Transit.

No, I think they are okay for staffing advice.

Next week - pompey explain to Arsenal how risking a few quid now could pay dividends in the long run.

Disgrace about McDermott, Reading should back their managers like #Pompey do. Last #Pompey boss sacked was Paul Hart on November 24, 2009.

Oh dear #factlessallen. I don't think even a facepalm emoticon is sufficient - more like images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPNUh7Fapgr7i74xIfJKfCi4jNEkIlPG-SS-T6FmjYsSX98Hoxdw

As WSS has pointed out, they haven't been able to afford to sack anyone

IN fairness to factless alen that tweet at Pompey and managers was tongue in cheek....

I'm all for fairness, but wouldn't that be the first time #factlessallen had shown any humour or awareness?

Compared with on here where all post are humorous and tongue in cheek....

They haven't been sacked because Uncle Avram, the Clot and UnAppy had the sense to walk before things got really really bad

The fact that Avram is regarded as a hero even though he led them to 20th place in the league says it all :facepalm:

Hart's sacking wasn't exactly unavoidable either, I was at Bournemouth in the press box the night he got the chop and the hacks were all saying he never saw it coming - he was even ready to go and do his press conference when he found out they'd got rid of him.

David Connolly . I know he`s only giving them a glimmer of hope and they`re still going down anyway but I don`t want them to even have the faintest bit of hope! Am I alone in this?

A few posters have said "It`s the hope that kills". But that`s not true .When hope is gone you have nothing at all !

Pompey fans endearing themselves to the locals...

Adam Meagher ‏@AdamMeagher

#pompey fans signing that we've won nothing. I hope you and 'mr Portsmouth' enjoy league two.. #drips

And Orient go 1-0 up... :D

Typical arrogant t0ssers. They really are utter drips - like Adam says.

BFLwid5CMAED0-P.jpg

Are those empty seats I see in the front right corner.... ;)

Must be wrong, if we sold out the entire stand then the Bestest must have packed out the stadium. There's no way they failed to sell a third of a stand....

Apparently the stewards and police were in overkill because the few brought 3 or 4 times more supporters than Orient normally get. According to the deluded denizens of Skates Online.

No ... I have it on good authority that only three Taxi's went ..... and it was only the driver in one of them on his night off

I would pay good money to see Barcelona V pompey right now.

The only problem might be if the likes of Messi freeze with fear in the big match atmosphere of the cauldron of noise created by the Fatpipes faithful.

Argentinian local derbies, Champions League finals and World Cup finals won't prepare you for...

The best atmosphere in world football.

Probably need a team of refs as well as the game would be too big for just one man.

That away stand at Orient looks smaller than I remember it.

Last time I was there it ran the whole length of the ground, and was full.

Have they shortened their pitch by fifty metres, or were a few thousand pompey fans locked out?

Oh dear, one of the Phew who went last night....

Well, what can I say? We were as good (well, as bad to be more accurate) as Orient. It shows that there is very little between an ailing club like ours and a top half team like them. Their fans were terrible - I know they play in outfits that kind of look like Arsenal, but no excuse for that crowd.

We did put up a good fight though and at the end, you could see just how much the defeat meant to the team. I can't understand people's negativity on here about Ayemang; I though he played well. Kind of the Kanu role, hold the ball up and lay it off. Trouble is, we don't have a Crouch or Defoe to lay it off to nowadays!

Until that terrible back pass that set up Orient's goal, we matched them and they never looked like scoring unless we made a mistake - which sadly we readily supplied.

There isn't much quality in the team. Rocha at the back stands out - not too surprisingly. Ayemang looks good enough up front.

The 12th man shone. We probably outnumbered the home fans. Three good chants on the night. One outside: a bunch of Pompey fans walking past the rather long queue "And now your gonna believe us, and now you're gonna believe us, and now you're gonna believe us, we're gonna join the queue". Inside to their tiny and amazingly quiet fans "Olympic Park, you're having a laugh...." - can you possibly imagine Orient getting the Olympic Stadium! And chant of the evening: Inside their stadium, each corner has a block of flats that have balconies overlooking the pitch: "We can see you, we can see you, we can see you washing up....!"

Oh and back to the game. Not much really to report. Lots of huff and puff. Lots of passion. Not much quality.

We probably outnumbered the home fans Good old Portsmyth maths in overdrive again, the crowd was 3,641 so they must have taken at least 1800 then...... ummmm

"Pompey aim to crush Southampton side"

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-aim-to-crush-southampton-side-1-4887866

Imagine my disappointment to find that this is just a battle of the big girls' blouses!

And note the first line:-

Pompey Ladies are hoping to take apart Southampton Women and bring some always welcome bragging rights to the city tonight.

The members of the Skate team are Ladies (ha ha ha!) whereas those from Southampton are just Women. Surely those fat tattooed slags from Paulsgrove don't qualify to be called Ladies?

And as for bragging rights, is this the best that they can come up with? The possibility that their women can better our women in a man's game?

How are your men's team doing, Skates?

Notice that the Snooze has a big 'Local Derby' feature in which Pompey are about to hammer local rivals ...Southampton.

This time it is their Ladies team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting to know if the Ladies enjoy a financial input from the 'Big Boys Club'

Also Cheats FC are always banging on about their 'history'

As I recollect it Soton Ladies used to be one of the top female sides in the country back in the Sue lopez era of the 70's

"Pompey aim to crush Southampton side"

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-aim-to-crush-southampton-side-1-4887866

Imagine my disappointment to find that this is just a battle of the big girls' blouses!

And note the first line:-

The members of the Skate team are Ladies (ha ha ha!) whereas those from Southampton are just Women. Surely those fat tattooed slags from Paulsgrove don't qualify to be called Ladies?

And as for bragging rights, is this the best that they can come up with? The possibility that their women can better our women in a man's game?

How are your men's team doing, Skates?

All using the New Indudtrial Quality "No No" before applying the Linament

It seems we are in the midst of one of those occassional lulls on this thread. The matches keep it ticking over, but nothing of any relevance and watching them lose every week, doesn't quite hold the belly laughs it once used too.

So assumming that when it finally gets there, the courts allow them to purchase at the 3 million, are we all done and dusted here?

My prediction is "Yes", but with one final twist, no idea what it will be or who it will be from, but you've got to think, the old girl has one more laugh for us. Not sure what odds you would get but here are some candidates;

1) Judge reads all the pst collateral and agrees, that with the partnership with the property developer, fatpipes is worth more than 3 million.

2) Chanrai has his "Floating Charge" approved (I think this has probably happened already) and the pst need to find another 2 million

3) Chanrai's floating charge is unpaid, but remains in place, causing panic amoungst the council

4) The judge allows the sale at 3 million but includes an "Overage" clause - which fooks the property developer and the pst in one swoop.

5) Chinny loses and lodges an appeal on the last possible day - Sending the FL and everyone else into panic

6) Chinny takes legal action against the FL regarding the Harris bid.

7) The proeprty developer decides he doesn't need the pst after all.

8) They get relegated and the FL move the deduction over to next season

9) Chinny / Harris / An other start legal proceedings against pkf

10) pkf sell the club to harris irrespective of golden share

It seems we are in the midst of one of those occassional lulls on this thread. The matches keep it ticking over, but nothing of any relevance and watching them lose every week, doesn't quite hold the belly laughs it once used too.

So assumming that when it finally gets there, the courts allow them to purchase at the 3 million, are we all done and dusted here?

My prediction is "Yes", but with one final twist, no idea what it will be or who it will be from, but you've got to think, the old girl has one more laugh for us. Not sure what odds you would get but here are some candidates;

1) Judge reads all the pst collateral and agrees, that with the partnership with the property developer, fatpipes is worth more than 3 million.

2) Chanrai has his "Floating Charge" approved (I think this has probably happened already) and the pst need to find another 2 million

3) Chanrai's floating charge is unpaid, but remains in place, causing panic amoungst the council

4) The judge allows the sale at 3 million but includes an "Overage" clause - which fooks the property developer and the pst in one swoop.

5) Chinny loses and lodges an appeal on the last possible day - Sending the FL and everyone else into panic

6 and 10 are interesting although Harris does not want it without the Golden share

6 and 10 are interesting although Harris does not want it without the Golden share

For "Harris ..... read "Chainrai"..... " I WILL get my money back " ... either that or his legal team won't see another birthday IMHO

Edited by SaintRichmond
punctuation

Oh dear, one of the Phew who went last night....

The 12th man shone. We probably outnumbered the home fans. Three good chants on the night. One outside: a bunch of Pompey fans walking past the rather long queue "And now your gonna believe us, and now you're gonna believe us, and now you're gonna believe us, we're gonna join the queue". Inside to their tiny and amazingly quiet fans "Olympic Park, you're having a laugh...." - can you possibly imagine Orient getting the Olympic Stadium! And chant of the evening: Inside their stadium, each corner has a block of flats that have balconies overlooking the pitch: "We can see you, we can see you, we can see you washing up....!"

Oh and back to the game. Not much really to report. Lots of huff and puff. Lots of passion. Not much quality.

And they're the good chants that the passionate hordes mustered?

Jesus wept :facepalm:

All of the above :)

Bestest queuers in the world tm

Duh. Well of course they would be. They get enough practice.

Queuing to Sign On, Queuing for their Benefits Cheque, Queuing at the Doctor's for their sick notes, Queuing at the Water Stand pipe in their Caravan Parks.............

In fact I think Ryanair have a special OtherQ for them

It must have been just like the Champions League for the trainful of dedicated Pompey fans who made the epic under 2 hour journey to Leyton last night. They'd heard all about their European rivals for top Ultra bragging rights, the Galatasary fans at Schalke who couldn't afford to pay the 1000 euro asking price for tickets and had instead begun to dig a tunnel into the ground.

Sadly the message got somewhat lost in translation from Turkish to Skate and the empty seats in the "sold out" away end must have been due to the web fingered wonders tunneling their way out of Brisbane Road instead.

As the heroic badgers emerged from their tunnel they were immediately confused as to where they were. Is it a sh.ithole? Yes. Am I outside an old, rickety stand? Yes. Are the locals talking in a Cockney accent? Yes.

"Hold on, we've dug all the way back home" they thought. But then they breathed in deeply and couldn't detect the smell of fish amongst the stench of misery and dispair and realised they were still in East London.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})