Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

However Mr Farmery called claims that 'scummers' came from broken strikes as an ‘urban myth'. He explained said: ‘There is no documentation evidence of the origins (of scummers) particularly. ‘I think the most likely explanation is that it was a term invented in the 60s or 70s as a term for Southampton supporters and people from the city in general and it caught on. ‘There is no evidence that it originates from dockyards and shipping. It very much seems to be an urban myth. #notnews

Next you'll be telling us that you don't bring £13m into the city every home game. :o

in related Pompey/Saints news, it's being reported that tax dodging, club destroyer, wheeler dealer 'Arry Redknapp is going to be in I'm a Celeb.

I refuse to watch that sh ite. But will you let me know on here, how I vote for him to be put in a sealed glass coffin with a 10 ft long crocodile?

in related Pompey/Saints news, it's being reported that tax dodging, club destroyer, wheeler dealer 'Arry Redknapp is going to be in I'm a Celeb.

got to wonder what Bagpuss wouldn't do for money. Hopefully the saggy faced **** will be required to share a bath with a great white whilst having to eat a **** sandwich.

"Mr Wallace told the MPs it can take years for investigations into money laundering to be finished."

Wasn't there supposed to be some forensic examination of the accounts and a report due out a year or two ago that never arrived? I bet it's them under investigation.

Oh, and they have the best fans in the world, the extremely articulate Accrington Stanley boss says so:

Their fans are very educated football people, they don't see things through one eye, which in recent weeks we've probably experienced that away from home, so they don't see it with tinted glasses.

WTF?

Nick's partially correct - there's only one team to laugh at right now.

But let's remember that they are competing against scout groups and service stations in a division that has now become slightly less competitive than the Dockyard League.

At this rate we'll get to see how good they really are at SMS next season.

To be even handed we must congratulate Pompey for their progress. We pop at them when things arent goingwelland they disappear, we should keep to the moral high ground and mention their good results. It ruined my week end but ...

Ruined your weekend - I was bloody there watching them and listening to the bloody bell for an hour and a half....!

Have to say I wasn't that impressed, with a little more composure Bradford could easily have got something out of the game, there really wasn't a great deal between the sides.

Ruined your weekend - I was bloody there watching them and listening to the bloody bell for an hour and a half....!

Have to say I wasn't that impressed, with a little more composure Bradford could easily have got something out of the game, there really wasn't a great deal between the sides.

Oh dear, you must feel dirty!!

Christ I forgot he used to play for us.

On another note, I was chatting with someone from the Fratton RBL yesterday when buying a poppy. Lovely lady to be fair. But what is it with the “people went to war from this city” thing? Do they think they won the war on their own? And correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure more soldiers passed through Southampton docks than Portsmouth. Especially in the build up to the Normandy landings. Not to mention our history regarding the Spitfire.

They really do believe their own hype on everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christ I forgot he used to play for us.

I’m pretty sure more soldiers passed through Southampton docks than Portsmouth. Especially in the build up to the Normandy landings. Not to mention our history regarding the Spitfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a plaque next to the Bargate commemorating the fact that 3m allied troops left Southampton to fight in the second World War. Songs of Praise at the weekend celebrating "Our great port city of Southampton" (their words not mine) said that 8m left or returned to Southampton in the first World War. They also majored on the Spitfire being designed and built in the city and how the war wouldn't have been won without this effort

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})