Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

A full house for the first time in nearly a decade and they start up the new/expand stadium debate again.

The comments on the FB post for this are hilarious. Comments of 40k seats needed etc. They HATE the fact we have a bigger stadium and attendance. It really gets to them.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/portsmouth-decade-high-demand-puts-fratton-park-future-under-microscope-1-8759302

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know they are actively seeking decent land for a ground within the city “limits” but not much doing. All they can hope is Navy got some land going after budget cuts. Think it will have to be on outskirts thou. They probably do need a new stadium. I miss the local derby.

A lot of them are openly praying that we don't draw each other, they're absolutely petrified of the gulf in class, as you'd expect.

I would be concerned about playing them now.

A season or so ago no problem but our squad is mediocre now and they have the wind in their sails,

Whilst I'm as keen as anyone to see our first game against the new team that plays at Fratton Park, I'd rather wait until both clubs are in the same league.

I don't understand the clamour to play them in the cup before then.

If we beat them, it'll be nothing to brag about given they're in division 3 and we're in the top league.

And if they beat us, we won't hear the end of it.

So, what is there to gain by playing them now?

The only advantage I can think of is that a win for them could entice the light bulb salesman back onto the forum. Every cloud...

Edit: didn't see Hatch's reply before posting. Great minds and all that...

Mod's HTF do I get the popcorn smiley? you know the one with the bigger box. fink I'm gonna need it:smug:
I think you have to be a full member for that. You of course are a member but not in that way Mack.

Our popcorn is sweet here, whilst yours will be salty from the saliva of all those matloes that visit your lot every night. HNY btw Mack

Disagree, they haven't lost to us since 2005, that's 14 years!! They have had bragging rights for all that time, it's a hell of a lot for them to lose.

Is it really bragging rights when you’ve only played each other 3 times since due to their multiple relegations? They’ve only beaten us once in 14 years. We went 24 years undefeated (1964-1988) and actually played them quite a few times.

I see they now care about that football league trophy now they’re into the QF. Wonder if they’ll take 55k to Wembley?

Disagree, they haven't lost to us since 2005, that's 14 years!! They have had bragging rights for all that time, it's a hell of a lot for them to lose.
That's the previous club that used to play at Fratton Park. We haven't lost to the current one since their formation in 2012.

Back to their old tricks, the rules shouldn't apply to them. Just play by the same rules as everyone else and stop whinging about it FFS.

#Pompey have sent a letter to the FA asking them to re-consider the suspension rules for the FA CupJamal Lowe will miss the 4th round after picking up 2 yellow cards, QPR have only played 1 match in the competition so couldn't have anyone suspended at this stage

There must be something contagious down at Fratton Park (I know, I know... stating the bleedin' obvious again Trousers). The new club playing the same 'woe is us' card that their predecessors we're so adept at deploying on a regular basis.

Pompey should get to the final, they will have failed miserably if not. No doubt the league will waive the objections to giving more tickets,unlike they did for us. NC even offered stewards and to pay for the safety stuff, if I recall correctly.The league still said no.

Whilst I'm as keen as anyone to see our first game against the new team that plays at Fratton Park, I'd rather wait until both clubs are in the same league.

I don't understand the clamour to play them in the cup before then.

If we beat them, it'll be nothing to brag about given they're in division 3 and we're in the top league.

And if they beat us, we won't hear the end of it.

So, what is there to gain by playing them now?

The only advantage I can think of is that a win for them could entice the light bulb salesman back onto the forum. Every cloud...

Edit: didn't see Hatch's reply before posting. Great minds and all that...

Didn't stop the skates gloating when they beat us when we were in division 3 and they were in the top league (with illegal mercenaries).

I 4-1 would thoroughly enjoy us giving them a good rogering if we both get through to round 5 and meet each other.

I don't want to play the, they have nothing to lose.

If we beat them 3-0 then so what. Its a win win for them.

yeah, no skate has ever mentioned the 4-1 win in 2010 when they were two divisions above us. Personally, I hope we get them in a later round and we get to witness either a 4-1 destruction of them or a late Steve Moran-esque winner. The scenes in 2011 when Ricky scored at **** Park will be hard to beat, but a last minute winner would probably do it.

Back to their old tricks, the rules shouldn't apply to them. Just play by the same rules as everyone else and stop whinging about it FFS.

#Pompey have sent a letter to the FA asking them to re-consider the suspension rules for the FA CupJamal Lowe will miss the 4th round after picking up 2 yellow cards, QPR have only played 1 match in the competition so couldn't have anyone suspended at this stage

to be fair, as much as it pains me to say it, they do have a point here

to be fair, as much as it pains me to say it, they do have a point here

They may well 'have a point' but said point is laced with irony... a football club complaining about FA Cup rule unfairness when the club that previously played at Fratton Park cheated their way to an FA Cup final 'victory' on a house-of-cards financial model. Which was more "unfair"...?

Really!!! So if a non league club go through the rounds their players have played more and so will have more cards potentially. Theirs should be wiped then?

talking about FA cup games, that was a gooden last night, i reckon Dinamo would of been proud of that trick, 2-0 up and still managing to play the trophy dodging card,,,,Appy new year Nick,:smug:

talking about FA cup games, that was a gooden last night, i reckon Dinamo would of been proud of that trick, 2-0 up and still managing to play the trophy dodging card,,,,Appy new year Nick,:smug:

What would you suggest me ol' mucker? Buy players we can't afford and try and 'win' a trophy that way?

The wheels have well and truly come off now, lol.

Luton and Sunderland hot on their heels.

I couldn't find their result. You would think it would be top of the BBC results board, or so I understand as the media is really taking notice of them now they are top of League three.

My Skate mate reckons they are sh!t now that one of their best midfielders has gone beck to Millwall.

It would be hilarious if they **** it up again.

Hilarious and annoying in equal measures. I still maintain it would be highly amusing to see them struggle in the Championship

if only we could play a team from a league below us in a cup final , while fielding a team of stars that the nation was subsidising. We have other fish to fry, preferably Skates but the league is at present more important and as you will know you don't really need the destraction of the FA cup to take your mind off that. Going to Oxford and losing now that is a gooden

and you could be getting back into the championship the same way, just can't see this new mush being your messiah,
I hope you're not a betting man with predictions like this. I wonder if you predicted yourselves to win promotion? I wouldn't be too confident on that at the moment either considering how many teams you have breathing down your neck now...

I hope you're not a betting man with predictions like this. I wonder if you predicted yourselves to win promotion? I wouldn't be too confident on that at the moment either considering how many teams you have breathing down your neck now...

Not forgetting the majority of their squad have now been called back to their parent clubs.

No doubt there was more booing yesterday from the few, although most had left with 5 minutes left.

one wheel on my wagon n I'm still rolling along,,, oh well back to the real world, we have flattered to deceive for most of the season, if you look at the results the only games we have looked good in is when the opposition has a man sent off.:blush:still init tho.

They have ZERO chance of getting that one called off given that Newport had their best player suspended in the third round against Leicester - exact same argument - booked for a yellow in two previous rounds, teams in the top two divisions can't have a suspension at that stage. FA quietly said "go away, idiots", probably noting that they'll also be able to get players suspended after the 4th round for next season...

one wheel on my wagon n I'm still rolling along,,, oh well back to the real world, we have flattered to deceive for most of the season, if you look at the results the only games we have looked good in is when the opposition has a man sent off.:blush:still init tho.
One wheel on your caravan , surely. Now is the time to see what your lot are made of. Personally I think you will win the league. Luton will fall away as they have lost their manager and Sunderland are not quite there. If I had a hoice Id rather you win your league than Liverpool win the PL. Its bad enough listening to your bigmouths let alone the guttural squawk if the Scoucers

BOATENG UNVEILED

Kevin-Prince Boateng has been unveiled as a Barcelona player this morning.

Barcelona confirmed the signing of the former Portsmouth and Tottenham midfielder on a loan deal until the end of the season on Monday.

How long before the blue few will claim something like "Pompey make players great" or something equally cretinous

This is win-win, especially given the amount of stick they gave us.

Take thousands to Wembley and they'll be seen for the glory hunting knobs that appeared on Southsea Common all those years ago, and take their usual few and it'll be laughs all round.

They don't give a toss though, and they're BOYCOTTING (not that they can't be bothered), so I'd expect about 500 to go if they make it....

This is win-win, especially given the amount of stick they gave us.

Take thousands to Wembley and they'll be seen for the glory hunting knobs that appeared on Southsea Common all those years ago, and take their usual few and it'll be laughs all round.

They don't give a toss though, and they're BOYCOTTING (not that they can't be bothered), so I'd expect about 500 to go if they make it....

3,500 non boycotters at Fratton tohight copared to 14,500 at Sunderland for their game v a team with an average age of less than 18!!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})