Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They've been gifted that trophy really by Plymouth and Doncaster. They were 17 points behind in February!

Surely the worst three sides to go up for ages.

It's mad really. They threw it away. Fair play to them though. Winning any league is commendable. Let them enjoy it. And it makes Paul Cook unsackable.

That is why Adkins was **** and an underachiever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They won the league with 87 points

We came 2nd in League 1 with 92 points. And Adkins wasn't even in charge for the entire season, had he been, we would've won that division.

Then, in the Championship, 2nd again with 88 points.

They won the league because other teams messed it up for them.

Loads of nauseating "were the biggest/bestest club in the football league" on Twitter at the mo, likewise a lot of them going on about how they've won all four divisions. Considering their only a few years old, I didn't think that was possible?

Fair play to them getting out of Division 4 at the (what is it) third attempt. Not bad for a club with by far the biggest budget in the league.

Actually good job they got promoted with Coventry being relegated, they might not have been considered the biggest club down there next year.

Let's not knock them in their moment of elation, after all they will now be mixing it with football giants such as Fleetwood, Bury and Shrewsbury !

It don't get much better than that, eh !

I'm guessing they'll become an established 3rd division side within a couple of short years !

Well I have to congratulate the skates for getting out of League Two at the fourth attempt, and not only that they did it winning the league as well. Quite some achievement winning the league on goal difference, I'd like to say I'm impressed. I quite sure that picture of the gathering on Southsea is merely the start of the event and in no way indicates the actual true figures. Just like their match day attendances that bring in 3million a week (home or away) to the local economy.

I can't wait to see the first 'ripping up league one' posters to flood social media. I'm quite sure the likes of Southend Utd, MKDons and Walsall are very nearly quaking in their boots at the thought of the bestest most local team in world football bringing the bestest most passionate fans anywhere ever to their ground.

Remember kids, every game a cup final.

Has Eisner revealed the groundshare plans with Sholing FC for next season yet?

We shouldn't be so quick to judge, I'm sure I remember Chaplow etc joining in anti skate songs when we got promotion from league one, I'm sure the ox was stood there looking rather sheepish at the time. It's just playing to the fans thats all.

It all fits into their inferiority complex

I wonder what the new owners will do with Paul Cook. Surely if they are going to progress, they'll need a better manager.

Keep him I suspect. They way they've banged on and celebrated Saturday's result, it's like he's won them the champions League... not the bottom division of English football with a wage structure that would dwarf most of those in the league above :lol:

Keep him I suspect. They way they've banged on and celebrated Saturday's result, it's like he's won them the champions League... not the bottom division of English football with a wage structure that would dwarf most of those in the league above :lol:

Rumours are that after his wonderful successes in the lower Leagues, Cookie is earmarked to take over at Liverpool when they kick out Clippity Klopp for his teams failing to score in 360+ mins of play against their so called 'Feeder Club!!

They thought the likes of Neil Warnock would join them when they were in League 2, so god knows who they think would drop down to League 1

Of course, we got a very good calibre of manager in Pardew and Adkins (for where we were at that time in comparison to their stature) so no doubt they will want to attract someone bigger and better.

Meanwhile, there is something of an exodus going on down there. Enda Stevens, apparently their best player, is of to Sheffield United. More to follow

Edited by Pamplemousse

They thought the likes of Neil Warnock would join them when they were in League 2, so god knows who they think would drop down to League 1

Of course, we got a very good calibre of manager in Pardew and Adkins (for where we were at that time in comparison to their stature) so no doubt they will want to attract someone bigger and better.

Meanwhile, there is something of an exodus going on down there. Enda Stevens, apparently their best player, is of to Sheffield United. More to follow

He's leaving on a free apparently.

Their captain (don't know his name) is also reportedly considering his options as he's out of contract too.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})