Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

And with an away attendance of 894 it would appear that not many Pompey fans* knew about it either

(*best fans in the world TM)

They obvioulsy didnt get the info from twitter, i noted that SFC 285,000 twitter followers whilst the fishfiddlers have 47,000, but they are the bestest twitter followers in the world.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/11197636/The-20-fiercest-rivalries-in-English-football-by-Jonathan-Liew.html

It's about rival shipping ports, but then again it's not really. For Portsmouth and Southampton fans, hatred of the other is something that just is, passed on from generation to generation. Yet their divergent fortunes have brought hostilities to an indefinite halt, and they can now bond over a shared dislike of Harry Redknapp.

13) Portsmouth v Southampton

It's about rival shipping ports, but then again it's not really. For Portsmouth and Southampton fans, hatred of the other is something that just is, passed on from generation to generation. Yet their divergent fortunes have brought hostilities to an indefinite halt, and they can now bond over a shared dislike of Harry Redknapp.

Not sure I agree with the last sentiment as there are plenty of f**kwit skates who want Saggy Chops back!

So, let's just recap a little here.

The Tesco deal will mean all is a go-go by 1 November.

And it's still on.

Despite a Serious Fraud Office investigation into Tesco.

And Tesco pulling back in general from superstores.

Shovels on site!

(learning from Neil Allen about paragraphs and journalism)

Edited by TopGun

In Todays Sun, Redknapp on Twitter

'I genuinely don't understand it, I've never read it, I don't even know where you get it from'

seems to be forgetting the ill-fated Redknapp twitter Q&A last year.

He can't open his mouth without lying.

Some of the dumb bastards even think that the other clubs are trying harder to keep them down because their MASSIVE attendances are good for the finances http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=563178

Deluded doesn't quite cut it with that lot does it?

:mcinnes:

That is beyond mental. Yeah there's a slight bump in general interest due to their recent Premier League past, but beyond that and their above average League 2 attendances (er, wooh?) they're not given any extra thought.

In all fairness they tick most of those boxes already so I think I'd be generous enough to give them a full house and the financial benefits for a 10-0 home defeat.

Sadly, if it did happen we'd put out a youth team so it would be more like 5-0.

Don't forget, unlike his slimy predecessor, our current manager takes cups seriously.

10-0 home defeat it is then.

It's also nice to see that, although they're not actually looking for a striker, they would take him on because they like him. It's great that money isn't a problem for them any more. Especially now that they've only got 36 in their squad.

Following Pompey is no fun any more. Too stagnant. They need a new false dawn.

Isn't that just what the hovering below the play off places is? Come January the shareholders will be demanding a promotion push, which will involve spending money they don't have our more begging bowl campaigns to "fund" a new player.

Plus we have the Tesco is it on/is it off saga.

The PST ever decreasing percentage ownership.

Every game being a cup final for the opposing team.

Hello all

We are pleased to be able to inform you that our 2014 AGM will be held in the Victory Suite at Fratton Park on Monday 8th December 2014. Doors will open at 6.30pm, with the meeting kicking off at 7pm.

You can register for the meeting via Eventbrite, here - http://po.st/AGM. Postal notifications will be sent to those members that we don't have an email address for.

Whilst we will be taking questions on the night, if you have a question you would like answered by the board, you can email it in advance of the meeting to me - john.kimbell@pompeytrust.com.

Please note tickets are limited to one per member and are available to order until 5th December.

We look forward to seeing you in December

So... who's got some questions they'd like to ask?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/awford-mulls-over-fresh-fratton-deals-1-6394702

"Potentially permanent progress could develop, although Awford is aware juggling of the budget is required with all those out of contract.

He added: ‘There is only so much budget.

‘So using Ricky Holmes as an example with using stupid figures, if we gave him £10,000 a week more then it starts now and I have to find money for that in this year’s budget.

‘If we can do things within budget then we will do, but that might increase my budget which may then stop me getting in a loan player."

Whoever it is trusting these people with money, please stop. They clearly have no idea. And, can someone shoot Neil Allen, "potentially permanent progress could develop," sheesh....

South Coast football.

Southampton - 2nd in the Premier League, today unveil a new facility that will set the benchmark for European clubs, and they continue to produce players who grace the Champions' League.

Bournemouth - a club record of consecutive wins, top of the Championship, their highest ever placing.

Brighton - firmly established in the Championship with a modern ground.

Reading - firmly established in the championship with a modern ground.

portsmouth - firmly rooted in the 4th tier, and by deferring and reducing wages they have helped push their former England goalkeeper and cup hero into bankruptcy - today they are finishing off painting the fence at their hired training pitch.

South Coast football.

Southampton - 2nd in the Premier League, today unveil a new facility that will set the benchmark for European clubs, and they continue to produce players who grace the Champions' League.

Bournemouth - a club record of consecutive wins, top of the Championship, their highest ever placing.

portsmouth - firmly rooted in the 4th tier, and by deferring and reducing wages they have helped push their former England goalkeeper and cup hero into bankruptcy - today they are finishing off painting the fence at their hired training pitch.

To be fair, it's a very nice fence designed by a genuine architect.

South Coast football.

Nicely done there Rallyboy. If anything can sum up the vast, vast differences between us and the skates, it has to be the training facilities and infrastructure.

They really are a generation behind now, as they scramble for unemployed youths to paint the fences around the portacabin on the rented greenland, Brighton press on with the development of their "American Express Elite Football Performance Centre", and Saints announce that they have only just completed phase one of their development:

In addition, the club can also today confirm that it has applied for planning permission to enhance the facilities on offer in the Markus Liebherr Pavilion.

A proposed two-story annex will house the Saints Academy’s education facilities, as well as a treatment room, sports laboratory and additional gym facilities, while construction of an inflatable dome over Staplewood’s 3G pitch is already under way.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20141105-markus-liebherr-pavilion-2063443.aspx#jQbyx8SudaObbFj0.99

My sympathies to another bankrupted victim of the skates, always came across as one of the better ones.

James always strikes as being open minded and intelligent. I don't understand how he became bankrupt even with a divorce. I enjoyed his articles in The Observer and never really associated him with Portsmouth. Seems too intelligent to have spunked it all away. Then you get that 'short career' bull**** come up where footballers earn more in 3 years than normal people do in 40 (and I'm talking about when James was playing, nowadays it would take less than a couple of months). Getting the sentence paragraph thing. Help. Need some conjunctions.

Yes, it's worrying when an alleged intelligent footballer manages to lose £20M, good luck to the thick ones!

I think he needs to sack his divorce lawyer.

His articles were very good and always mentioned the charity that benefited from his fee.

That glorious cup team of 08 are going to have a great reunion party in a few years! :lol:

Did you ever get paid?

No, you?

Nope.

Did you get hate mail?

Yeah, and the worst thing was it was so badly written.

Happy days...

Yeah.

South Coast football.

That really puts their situation in context, doesn't it? They are a long, long way from ever being a serious club again. Their trophies in the ancient past will just be little footnotes in history, with a cautionary tale about how cheats never ultimately prosper.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})