Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

You high? Doesn't look that way to me.

It changed. Last night the last column of All Games was a draw for ever team and every streak was at least 1 draw (sometimes more if their last game genuinely was a draw).

They've updated it now. Not sure if it was a glitch or if was picking up all teams being 0-0 at start of a game or something.

I'd love to take a screenshot to prove I'm not crazy, but it's gone so you'll just have to take my word for it. Wibble.

So it looks like Pompey would need 70 points to get 7th place and a playoff spot. That's 41 from the last 20 games. 10 wins and 10 draws would just about do it!

Or they could get 70 points with 14 wins and six defeats.

Either way they will need to match or better the season long form of the leaders Wycombe who are averaging two points a game.

Edited by TopGun

Yeah, this is about Soccerball here, let's keep it that way.

I see the Sailors drew a blank when they went up against the Burton Brewers, one score each after the Brewers went level in the final quarter and held out beyond regular time despite some great kicking action.

Awesome.

Yeah, this is about Soccerball here, let's keep it that way.

I see the Sailors drew a blank when they went up against the Burton Brewers, one score each after the Brewers went level in the final quarter and held out beyond regular time despite some great kicking action.

Awesome.

I watched the Saints v Newcastle game on TV here. They actually called the stoppage time the "Progressive Insurance extra time"

He's even splitting single sentences over two paragraphs now....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/the-galvaniser-who-now-divides-pompey-opinion-1-6525508

The date was May 1, 2014, and Awford not only had the seven-man board’s backing for a permanent role as Blues manager.

He clearly had the overwhelming support of the Fratton faithful.

:mcinnes:

There's nothing wrong.

With splitting sentences.

Awford makes a valid point - it's the fans' fault, they don't believe enough.

The fans are letting down the brave troops who give their all for the plucky shirt.

Come on fans, get your act together, your poor belief will get Awford sacked at this rate.

I see the Trust is going on 5Live tomorrow to explain the joys of fan-ownership to Adrian Chiles.

I do hope some people bring the dull Baggie up to speed on percentages, shares, ownership, property development and debt prior to their chat.

It might prevent it turning into a love-in of spin based around portsmyths.

God I hope they do just rely on believing harder. I'd hate it if they made any concrete changes to end the worst run of form in lg2.

There's nothing that indicates any different.

The Pompey Way just appears to be Andy Awford feeding the slot machine of cheap or free signings and loans with the hope that he'll get a winning spin on a player eventually.

Perhaps it is just coincidental that Pompey's last win was towards the end of November and Alan McLoughlin left "by mutual consent" on 2 December for reasons never made public though.

I don't think they will get relagated this season, bit but if they a Lose a couple and the teams below win it will be squeaky bum time for the them at least. If they lose to Hartlepool the fans will definitely be throwing their teddies out of the cot.

I don't think they will get relagated this season, bit but if they a Lose a couple and the teams below win it will be squeaky bum time for the them at least. If they lose to Hartlepool the fans will definitely be throwing their teddies out of the cot.

I can see the dwindling band of most local supporters spitting their dummies out if they fail to win their next match, let alone the next few

Could anyone compose a chronological list of non-libellous and incontrovertible facts to summarise the Pompey saga for me please? I mostly kept up through the gaydamak era, and (later?) rather enjoyed that elusive chap passing the fit-and-proper persons test but it's been going on for so long now that I've become totally confused. I haven't checked all 100000 posts, so apologies if the answer is already in here somewhere.

For brevity, may I suggest that any insults are merely implied. Otherwise we'll be here all day.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/hinshelwood-to-depart-pompey-1-6529974

"Martin is leaving to take up a scouting/recruitment role with a Premier League club."

Please God, not Saints.

Some serious job-shedding and (although I know it doesn't figure in a P*mpey dictionary) cost-cutting contained within that article...onwards and downwards...

'The Blues have been advertising for Rochon’s replacement in the analysis department.'

Do they need an analysis department? Quite easy for anybody to do , 'we were rubbish' 'we were robbed' 'the ref was useless' 'it was the opponents cup final'

After each game they only have to cut and paste one of those...job done

I've just seen the goal that beat them on Saturday.

It did look unjust, the bloke was clearly in the eyeline of the keeper, it should have been disallowed.

Very unfair.

I feel quite bad for them.

It's okay, I've got over it now.

Swings and roundabouts and all that!.

Funnily enough about a week after the match, the Newport County Facebook page found some video footage from behind the goal which showed that O'Connor not only didn't touch the ball, but also that he was ONSIDE when the ball was played. Made me laugh, perfectly legitimate goal. :)

Love the way they are laying into Edinburgh in the comments under that story.

One describes him a thus: "Justin Edinburgh was a nasty little mullet haired player."

Was this when he played for them?

Anybody got the Hero-Villain-swingometer handy?

Edinburgh turned them down last season, to stay at Newport (who've beaten them 4 of the 5 times they've played since County got back in the FL, remember).

Just to give you an idea of how tinpot that is, there's now serious concern at Newport that Justin Edinburgh is about to leave to join Gillingham.

Another example of Pompeymyth

Someone told me this morning that there is great excitement on one of their boards at the 'news' that we only took 257 supporters to Ipswich.

Understand that the figure was 1,257.

Nothing outstanding but reasonable for a mid week game, live on BBC and sandwiched between away trips to Manchester and Newcastle.

I am sure this will soon become part of folklore down there

I went, and I can't for the life of me give any justification why anyone would have gone. God only knows why we did.

Three hour drive there (because we left at lunchtime and not nearer kick off time when it would have taken at least another hour), three hour drive back in torrential rain and blowing a gale, and near death experiences ahoy on the M25 whilst passing lorries displacing every bit of surface water onto my windscreen.

Also, the away end was basically sold out apart from one half-row of seats next to me, so it's not like we could have sold many more even if we'd wanted to.

And as you mentioned, I could have stayed at home and watched it for free in HD on national, "terrestrial" tv.

Hopefully they heard the "are you watching Pompey scum" chant after about 10 minutes then?

When Factless uses terms like Premier League club, that could mean any team that has been in the Premier League at any point in history.

Didn't he just use it to describe a player who'd recently been on loan to now-non League Torquay? So not just any one-time Prem team (which is now around half of the FL anyway) but also non-Prem teams, and non-FL teams.

It's probably Indian Premier League cricket or something.

Could anyone compose a chronological list to summarise the Pompey saga for me please? .

Updated

Old Peter burnt the midnight oil

But saw no fruits for all his toil

As time ran down and debts ran up

He sought a buyer, but had no luck

Avram came and Avram went

In Horton Heath his load he spent

The blue few cheered and sang his name

As he kissed the badge and showed no shame

But Salvation seemed not far away

With, Al. Falhim to save the day

He wasn’t quite a billionaire

And walked right into to Baloo’s lair

With the ice cream man out of town,

A new saviour would soon be found.

Some still believe this man a myth

But to portpin he was a perfect “gift”.

When the debt could finally rise no more

Old Chinny came and knocked the door.

With an admin here and an admin there

“My debts secured so I don’t care.”

The time had come to sell again

And Chinny chose some Russian men.

Their eyes were bright and their smile true,

But Ruffmafia and the nutjobs KNEW.

And so indeed it came to pass

That Antonov & his mate can't last

Shackled in an English Jail

Another epic pompey fail

But true to form they did not sell

In fact they saw their numbers swell

So come the middle of Janu ary

It was onto admin number three.

With a heavy heart and weary face

Poor old lampitt lost his place

It looked like Andy would return

But his advances, the judge would spurn

So up stepped Trev from pkf

To find there was no money left

His rallying cries went unheard

And the players thought his requests absurd

It looked like Cala would be their man

With his whacky underwater plan,

But alas no, it was not he

That could resurrect old portsea

That just left Chinny to take the reigns

But the pst have a bid to feign.

The race is on, but who will win

The smart money thought it was old portpin.

But what looked straight forward was soon to change

When the football league, found their range.

To prove they were all worthy men

They hit the skates with minus ten

Another twist was still to come

As the pst only went and won

Selling things that looked like shares

They took the club and had no cares.

Perhaps it was not as quite first thought

As the HNW's filled the board

The 60% was no more

And the new pitch reduced it even more.

With Tesco's there to save the day

The harbourdrome's not far away.

Although the building work is yet start.

At least they got a new car park

It's down to Awfs now to take them up

And all they'll need is a little luck.

If only other teams could stop,

treating every game as the FA cup

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})