Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

According to reports, Big Fat Sam is about to swoop down like a greedy vulture and pluck Paul Robinson away from Blackburn.

Now that raises some interesting questions.

If he signs Robinson it could leave him with four goalkeepers to pick from, Green, Henderson, Robinson and Sam Cowler.

Does it mean

a) that Robinson would be his number one, leaving a miffed Green keen to get away?

b) that Cowler, a promising 19-year-old academy product, would be shown the door?

c) that Robinson, Green and Henderson would all be competing for the first-team jersey (a very healthy, if expensive, situation for BFS)?

d) that he would prefer to have Green and Robinson competing for a place, in which case Henderson would be surplus to requirements? If so, is that proof that Henderson's signing was purely a ruse to keep p****y going so Wet Sham didn't lose the points?

e) that somehow, Wet Sham find a little legal loophole whereby they do not go through with the purchase of Henderson, but send him to hoover up more wages at p****y.

All this, of course, is on the presumption that Wet Sham beat Blackpool in the play-off final, something I'm by no means convinced they'll do.

or f) most reports about who is going to be signing who are usually wrong.

Green is out of contract at the end of the season and last week some papers were saying he's available on a free.

As for the football creditors rule, there was an agent on Talksport the other day, who said that if it comes in then players will not sign for clubs that aren't run correctly. They only sign for clubs like Skates because they know they'll get their money come what may. Dopey Skates may think it's good news if the creditors rule goes, but good luck with signing any half decent players.

According to reports, Big Fat Sam is about to swoop down like a greedy vulture and pluck Paul Robinson away from Blackburn.

Now that raises some interesting questions.

If he signs Robinson it could leave him with four goalkeepers to pick from, Green, Henderson, Robinson and Sam Cowler.

Does it mean

a) that Robinson would be his number one, leaving a miffed Green keen to get away?

b) that Cowler, a promising 19-year-old academy product, would be shown the door?

c) that Robinson, Green and Henderson would all be competing for the first-team jersey (a very healthy, if expensive, situation for BFS)?

d) that he would prefer to have Green and Robinson competing for a place, in which case Henderson would be surplus to requirements? If so, is that proof that Henderson's signing was purely a ruse to keep p****y going so Wet Sham didn't lose the points?

e) that somehow, Wet Sham find a little legal loophole whereby they do not go through with the purchase of Henderson, but send him to hoover up more wages at p****y.

All this, of course, is on the presumption that Wet Sham beat Blackpool in the play-off final, something I'm by no means convinced they'll do.

I heard somewhere that Green is out of contract and does not want to resign.

I heard somewhere that Green is out of contract and does not want to resign.

I quite liked what I saw of Green in the play-off game the other day. I like keepers that bowl the ball out well.Quick and constructive.Like Peter Schmeichel really. Could do a lot worse than Green ie Kelvin Davis.Apparently the queue for his services will be pretty long though.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I quite liked what I saw of Green in the play-off game the other day. I like keepers that bowl the ball out well.Quick and constructive.Like Peter Schmeichel really. Could do a lot worse than Green ie Kelvin Davis.Apparently the queue for his services will be pretty long though.

Basically he is a good keeper and very comfortable playing from the back and decent on crosses. We are going to need all that in the Premier. I think he is a high earner though.

Skybet are giving odds for promotion from L1 next season. They have 19 teams listed, and the site says 'more teams to be added when participation is confirmed'. There will be one team coming up, and 3 teams from the 4 play off teams to be added. That makes 23 teams. So, who do you think is the 24th team whose 'participation is to be confirmed'?

Yep, they're missing from the list of teams.

Skybet are giving odds for promotion from L1 next season. They have 19 teams listed, and the site says 'more teams to be added when participation is confirmed'. There will be one team coming up, and 3 teams from the 4 play off teams to be added. That makes 23 teams. So, who do you think is the 24th team whose 'participation is to be confirmed'?

Surprised they're still going actually, surely they can't be surviving on the 200k/moth that they get from the FL, especially as it's going to stop soon as they no longer have Championship entitlement.

And if you can trust the judgement of anyone, you gotta trust a bookie for getting it right. ;)

71vagabondThursday, May 10, 2012 at 01:26 PM My experiences of Administrators (quite a number) haven't changed. I hasten to add, only buying from them. They move in, make all the easy pruning of staff and costs (subject to TUPE ruling, that prevents a cull beyond a certain number before redundancy and notice becomes due). Make sure the due diligence is done, as far as their fees being paid are concerned, then either have a buyer in mind for a quick sale and if not start factoring monies due at a % of their value and sell off assets at prices not far off liquidation value anyway. 'Ring any bells' We were rightly keen to see the back of the 'Greek bearing gifts' and all the lessons we can learn from their 'economic prowess' but I'm afraid we've ushered in 'Trevor the Tame'....there's nothing that's been achieved in this administration that a senior accounts clerk couldn't have managed. When you're in Admin it's obvious you have an urgent need for cash but only on the back of proving to court there is adequate funding to carry out due process. Given that process normally has a sensible time allowance granted, there needs to be a sensible strategy and a realistic timeframe to work to. For my part I'm of the opinion that when we start to trumpet 'frustrated by slow Fratton firesale' coming swiftly on the tail of selling on our 'prize playing asset' at what might be deemed to be a third of his market value we are entering the Liquidation zone without the announcement....after all don't 'Firesales' herald in 'Closing Down' versions? Now I'm confused........ At the same time we hear 'We will continue to use our sources in an attempt to find a buyer'....simple who's been introduced? 'We have ongoing dialogue with the FL about the way we can work together'....would that be the guy who described Pompey as a basket case and requiring vast sums of money to be saved' then? That makes me feel better. No the truth is we're trying to climb a glacier and the frustration of lack of fire sale income is simply because we're now spending more money than before despite the 'cuts' due to the return of high wage earners, who have no incentive to leave and or cancel their contracts and the escalating 'admin fees' that are probably twice what we got paid for Jason Pearce. This is now a farce beyond 'West End' bill boarding and somebody needs to come to their senses before things get worse. We've got our history and we've had some very happy days in the sunshine....they are banked and can't be sold (lock the trophy cabinet).....make a statement of intent. The club WILL be liquidated say by May 31st if and unless a bid is made, which is acceptable....not by anybody's desirable valuation but in comparison to what will be achieved in liquidation....that will focus attention from any interested party whilst giving say the 'Trust' an opportunity to plan for an undesirable I know but nevertheless almost inevitable outcome, ( in fact one of the options of reforming a new club has already been nullified by this continuous cock up) with the exception of BC making a move, as unpalatable as that is, we at least stand to mount a further and more robust bid to BC if necessary further down the road. The situation is beyond any sensible level of control or commercial candidness and more time will only serve to continue to rack up more unsustainable costs whilst being lumbered with the unsaleable and expensive assets. Call it and call it now! To reach a port we must sail and not drift.

Report Unsuitable

Now this guy talks a lot of sense

I don't know who added the words 'Report Unsuitable' but perhaps the Phew deemed it far too sensible to be passed without a remark ??

Caught a bit of 'TalkSh*te' earlier and they reported that Birch has today said "it will go to the wire, but a fans takeover is feasible".

WTFILN.

Pressumably the same TalkSh*te that had presenters saying words to the effect of 'Saints in White with a red sash? What was that about!?'

Clueless f**kers.

Caught a bit of 'TalkSh*te' earlier and they reported that Birch has today said "it will go to the wire, but a fans takeover is feasible".

WTFILN.

TBF it's the line being peddled but the sensible skates I know, who have actually pledged, don't think there is any chance of it happening and even if it did, the issues remain the same.

The can't sell players at the moment as clubs are waiting for the players to become even cheaper as the panic sets in or free agents.

Iwas in Glasgow recently and got talking to soemone who's family used to follow Third Lanark until their demise.

Actually I think Pompey could possibly end up as the Third Lanark of the south.

Gone but soon forgotten!!

In ten years time.

"Didn't Portsmouth have a football team once?"

"Nah...... you must be thinking of Southampton...... They reached a cup final in 2003, must be them..."

"No, they played in Blue!"

"What? Reading..... Brighton.....?"

WTFILN.

But Trevor didn't really mean it. He's just winding them up ;)

and there's a pompey fan on there blaming The News! - for telling people that his beloved club has raped charities again. :?

Would he rather that was kept secret?

Pretty feeble apology from Lampitt too - deflects the blame for this atrocity to his staff.

That isn't news to the nutjobs on here, but you can understand why the likes of Ho have found it too uncomfortable to defend the club anymore.

There must still be other clubs' fans who don't realise that pompey haven't paid a penny of debt from their cup runs, and have shafted their own community a second time in two years.

Any other business wouild have been liquidated months ago - come on Birchy, press that button....halt the madness, for everyone's sake.

We all said it at the time....'Family Club of the Year'!?

The thing is, I am not at all shocked by this. How sad is that? I expect we will see some equally bad headlines coming out in the near future, especially if they do go pop. What is really distressing is, as some of the posters underneath both articles have stated, that TBH and his agent will get paid first rather than the Cancer Charity or Kids Charity. Their best chance of getting any of the cash donated is to wait for liquidation and join the free for all.

I do feelm sorry for the fans who donated the cash too, they gave some of their hard earned money in full expectation that it would go to the charity - only to find out that the Dirty Skate barstewards kept it. If I were a Pompey supporter this would be the final straw, how can you possibly defend a team who does this???

@pn_neil_allen: Here's the link. Another low with charity money kept. This time on David Lampitt's watch. http://t.co/4DTMCgka #Pompey

@pn_neil_allen: Lampitt's defence to this latest debacle. http://t.co/rBiYp3tq #Pompey

So the 'Family Club' of the year bagged the charity money & spent it on the likes of Husseklep !!!! & people wonder why us Saints fans want this dispecable club bombed out the league.

@pn_neil_allen: Here's the link. Another low with charity money kept. This time on David Lampitt's watch. http://t.co/4DTMCgka #Pompey

@pn_neil_allen: Lampitt's defence to this latest debacle. http://t.co/rBiYp3tq #Pompey

FFS they never learn, what a cesspit of a club. Lampitt's (former FA Head of Integrity lol) defence is pathetic. The charity money should have been separated immediately into a different account and paid to charities straight away.

How different are the two South Coast 'rivals'. Whilst Pompey are pocketing charities cash, the Saints Foundation has raised £1m plus. Would love it if Cortese paid off the charities out of SFC funds....

Jesus. The ultimate low. and apparently not even the first time.

F**king disgrace. This crap cannot be allowed to continue a second longer than necessary. Liquidate that swamp of a club.

FFS they never learn, what a cesspit of a club. Lampitt's (former FA Head of Integrity lol) defence is pathetic. The charity money should have been separated immediately into a different account and paid to charities straight away.

How different are the two South Coast 'rivals'. Whilst Pompey are pocketing charities cash, the Saints Foundation has raised £1m plus. Would love it if Cortese paid off the charities out of SFC funds....

One could argue that it is simply down to differences in clubs fortunes, literally, but for me that doesnt wash.

However we may feel about Lowe's stewardship and Fry's administration, I have never heard of sh*t like this going down at SMS whilst we were in admin.

One could argue that it is simply down to differences in clubs fortunes, literally, but for me that doesnt wash.

However we may feel about Lowe's stewardship and Fry's administration, I have never heard of sh*t like this going down at SMS whilst we were in admin.

We paid up, the Saints chosen charities were always given thei monies and we never cheated anyone - only Aviva missed out on a few quid... and will now get some more anyway, as the deal was struck that was fair and acceptable to all... what a difference a decent owner makes.

Its teh fact that so many of their fans have DEFENDED their clubs actions for so long that make sme want to puke - had they from day 1 expressed outrage, disgust at how the club had done this and all the other financial mismanagement, you could feel sympathy, but not when they have for so long refused to consider these aspects more than a passing slight embarrassment.

If tehy had any decency, the trust would pay the charities out of the pledged cash...

44kev the second

Friday, May 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM These are very small sums. The £350 is probably no more than a couple of days wages for these charity managers. I always avoid paying to charity indirectly via companies if I can. I prefer to give directly to charities that I trust. I'm sure collecting for charity was well intentioned, but a loss making firm should not get involved with other people's money. Better that we give directly on the day. Wouldn't it be nice, if for the good of UK Football's image, a club up the road or the FA made good the shortfall?

Report Unsuitable

Surely one of us on a wind up?!!!

The problem here is that PFC (whichever version) seems to treat charity money collected from fans as just another source of both income and outgoings, and so is taking it through the club washing machine, when it should be completely ring-fenced.

Disgrace.

It seems that the PST has gained a total of 335 pledges out of the 1,000 by say they need by the 15th.

So at £2.50 a go that's a total of £837.50 that they have definitely raised.

Probably fair to assume that 20% will not pay the next £97.50.

I don't think they're going to be in a position to offer Mr Birch an option next week...

Why are the FA/FL doing f**k all.

The FA/FL are a f**king disgrace aswell.

Family club of the year,someone is on a massive p*sstake. If this was my club i think i would be concentrating on another sport.

C'mon Trev wind the f**kers up.

God bless HMRC.

‘Pompey have been really good in supporting charities in the community. Initially I didn’t think there was a problem and we were arranging cheque presentations.’ (quote from a Charity spokesperson)

FFS, how gullible are they???

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})