Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Pompey's Accounts up to 30th June, 2013 (After 2 months Trading)

Profit & Loss

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]19 April 2013 to 30 June 2013[/TD]

[TD=align: center]£[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TURNOVER[/TD]

[TD=align: right]370,078[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cost of sales[/TD]

[TD=align: right]169,019[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]GROSS PROFIT[/TD]

[TD=align: right]201,059[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Administrative expenses[/TD]

[TD=align: right]590,043[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]OPERATING LOSS[/TD]

[TD=align: right](388,984)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Interest payable and similar charges[/TD]

[TD=align: right]124,677[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LOSS ON ORDINARY ACTIVITIES BEFORE TAXATION[/TD]

[TD=align: right](513,661)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tax on loss on ordinary activities[/TD]

[TD=align: center]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LOSS FOR THE FINANCIAL PERIOD[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Balance Sheet

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]at 30 Jun 13[/TD]

[TD=align: center]£[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FIXED ASSETS[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]lntangible assets[/TD]

[TD=align: right](238,985)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tangible assets[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3,667,373[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Total Fixed Assets[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3,428,388[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CURRENT ASSETS[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stocks[/TD]

[TD=align: right]11,049[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Debtors[/TD]

[TD=align: right]11,580,209[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cash at bank and on hand[/TD]

[TD=align: right]2,881,391[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Total Current Assets[/TD]

[TD=align: right]14,472,649[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CREDITORS:Amounts falling due within one year[/TD]

[TD=align: right]10,246,414[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]NET CURRENT ASSETS[/TD]

[TD=align: right]4,226,235[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TOTAL ASSETS LESS CURRENT LIABILITIES[/TD]

[TD=align: right]7,654,623[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CREDITORS: Amounts falling due after more than one year[/TD]

[TD=align: right]4,266,284[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Total Current Assets[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3,388,339[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CAPITAL AND RESERVES[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Called-up equity share capital[/TD]

[TD=align: right]39,020[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Share premium account[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3,862,980[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit and loss account[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SHAREHOLDERS' FUNDS[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3,388,339[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So the question is, when will Pompey be forced to raise yet more equity from the plucky high net-worth (or, currently much lower net worth) investors, sell-up or, more likely, call in the receiver again.

My guess is that as they are probably losing around £250K a month and as it is 6 months since these accounts were compiled, they probably have about one and a half million in shareholders funds left. I'm thus going for administration at the end of the season. Unless anyone is willing to come up with another £3-4 million to gamble on making the dizzy heights of league one by 2015-2016, when they will likely to be only losing slightly less money.

Of course, I could be wrong and they could be currently making a healthy profit on their 15,000 crowds in League 2.

How do they have £11.5m in debtors? Is that the fan's pledges or their parachutes? If those debtors can't be quickly turned to cash they only have £2.8m in the bank to cover over £10m current debt.

Also negative assets (goodwill?) on the balance sheet? Is that right?

Their youth development side of things has always been crap. Well, as far as I go back anyway. Certainly in the mid 80's it wasn't a patch on ours and from Lowe onwards there has been no comparison. Strangely enough their policy back in the late 80s was quantity over quality. The best players were at Southampton and any rejects went down the road. Loads of them.

I know a lot less about their current structure, but the fact we offer first team `Premiership' football pretty much takes all the high ground, leaving the skates with almost nothing to work with.

Longer ago than that. Steve Foster was at Saints as a kid before becoming a hero down the road, Steve Mills came up to us from Gosport, Bobby Stokes etc. the only significant one the other way was Darren Anderton.

Longer ago than that. Steve Foster was at Saints as a kid before becoming a hero down the road, Steve Mills came up to us from Gosport, Bobby Stokes etc. the only significant one the other way was Darren Anderton.

I've never understood the Darren Anderton situation; did he ever have a trial with us?

Darren Anderton was a Southampton schoolboy...Bitterne Park..from memory and Saints schools player.

Not picked up by Saints.

If not signed Associated schoolboy at 13.....if not then spotted whilst playing for town schoolboys etc

last resort..trials at about 15/16 etc.

By that time Darren Anderton went to Portsmouth.

Same with Graham Roberts.....Weston Park and town schools etc.

Graham was also injured at the wrong time (broken leg ?).....although having trials at some clubs..ie Bournemouth and Pompey

went into non league at Dorchester..sold to Weymouth and subsequently Spurs for £30,000.

I saw him play at Dorchester aged 17 alongside a 17 year old Trevor Senior (Reading Pompey and Middlesborough?)

There are many others who for different reasons not picked up...13-15 in days gone by...

Andy Townsend...from Welling area and working in Greenwich Council Offices...playing non league..

Picked up by Weymouth and sold to Saints for £30,000 ..

I was playing non league/Southern league and saw a lot of youngsters who I thought should be at Pro clubs etc

Saints and others did not always have the budget re taking on numbers of apprentices etc.

Bigger clubs could take their pick......but we all know of other famous players not picked up or taken on

until late teens/early 20s from non league.

To be fair...Saints had pretty good talent spotters over the years...Academies etc in later years.

Foster , Anderton and Roberts missed by Saints...injuries /late development/ numbers already at club etc.

As you all know Roberts also played for Glasgow Rangers and Chelsea

Edited by ottery st mary

Am I right in thinking that England stalwart Mick Mills was an apprentice at pompey and they disbanded their youth set up back in the 60s and let him go?

I'm sure they wouldn't make that mistake again. #harry

Mick Mills then went to Ipswich.

Steve Mills was a Gosport schools player and picked up by Saints when spotted playing for Hants schools.

Am I right in thinking that England stalwart Mick Mills was an apprentice at pompey and they disbanded their youth set up back in the 60s and let him go?

I'm sure they wouldn't make that mistake again. #harry

As ever, you are indeed correct RB. As it happens, Mick and myself were born one door away from each other and played street football outside our houses. However, he was clearly good and went on to captain Surrey schools and then joined the skates as an apprentice, but with their usual foresight they disbanded the youths and Mick got picked up by Ipswich and the rest, as they say, is history.

I didnt realise fatpipes park had a hotel complex as well. Surely all the Torquay players wouldnt have bothered turning up for the game today after no sleep.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Gulls-players-evacuated-hotel-floods-roof/story-20543595-detail/story.html#ixzz2s4pUqfYR

Ha! Pompey hotel roof collapses in the night and Torquay players have to evacuate.

Says it all really.

I didnt realise fatpipes park had a hotel complex as well. Surely all the Torquay players wouldnt have bothered turning up for the game today after no sleep.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Gulls-players-evacuated-hotel-floods-roof/story-20543595-detail/story.html#ixzz2s4pUqfYR

That is hilarious!! Everyone should check that link. :D

So much for the much vaunted Fratton factor!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/blues-need-to-use-fratton-factor-1-5846329

Looking forward to reading tonight's meltdown comments!

Errrrr

Pompey have been told to make the most of inspirational Fratton Park as they bid to keep their League Two momentum going.

The only momentum they've had this season has been downward, why on earth would they want to continue that way?!?!?

IMG_0847_bigger.JPGbrian howe@brianhowe01

Ha ha ha I'm at Fratton Park. Come meet me after the game. Let's discuss Barkers quality.

do-rTSYm_bigger.jpegCal Metcalfe@PompeyCal

@brianhowe01 a few of us in the rifle would hear your views!!!!!! Don't know how far it'll get you though!!!

IMG_0847_bigger.JPGbrian howe@brianhowe01

@PompeyCal I need intelligent people to chat with. Go chat with your delusional manager.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})