Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Planning committee member Councillor Hugh Mason said: ‘I don’t think any of us feel wholly comfortable with this but I think we recognise that it needs to go forward.’

I wonder IF some large gentlemen have made Mr Mason aware that they know where he lives ????

Like Eric Pickles, you mean?

Looks like they've rattled enough buckets at the unemployed and robbed enough 3 year olds of the money they were saving to buy their sister a Mothers Day present next year to nearly make their £250k fundraising target. With only £3k left to raise they won't have to pawn many more gold teeth to make it.

@bigadamsport: RT @mattslaterbbc: Impressive stuff from #Pompey fans: they've donated £250k for club's new academy. Slow, steady, sustainable, self-funding...solid

@bigadamsport: RT @tifosy: In 60 days, #Pompey fans decided to build their own Academy pitches. Well the club is yours and the #PompeyAcademy pitches are now yours

@bigadamsport: Whoever you support, it's been a great week at @officialpompey - first the inspiring new kit design & now the fan-funded Academy pitches

Yes, that all looked a bit dodgy towards the end. Not a phrase you usually associate with them. And hutch, it's not shares it's an out and out donation this time.

But I read it on here. The "owners" stumped up loads more "cash" and increased their "equity". Or did I miss something?

But I read it on here. The "owners" stumped up loads more "cash" and increased their "equity". Or did I miss something?

There are shares, fantasy skate virtual shares, virtual fantasy football multiple ownership of penalty spots and outright donations. The skates funding the training pitches are donating their cash, without even the fig leaf of the ownership of a worthless piece of paper with the word "share" written on it. This used to be considered necessary for deluding the gormless fishy ones out of their hard-earned, but apparently no longer.

Looks like they've rattled enough buckets at the unemployed and robbed enough 3 year olds of the money they were saving to buy their sister a Mothers Day present next year to nearly make their £250k fundraising target. With only £3k left to raise they won't have to pawn many more gold teeth to make it.

Sudden Clarity Skate:

azlsf.jpg

So, let me get this right. If a crowd funding campaign fails to meet it's target, no pledges are made and everyone keeps their money in their pockets? I'm assuming that there is no return on investment promised with this? So if Pompey don't meet the target it's all been a waste of time, however if they can convince someone to chuck in the missing 20% (50k) they will get the 80%(200k) to play with, less an administration fee for the crowd funding and probably a little bonus for the mystery investor. Is that really a possible scenario? All they need now is some local "hero" to chuck in the final 3k have his (or her) picture taken for the News and they can keep the Champagne flowing.

If you were genuinely going to chuck in 50k, you'd go the whole hog and go with 53k to get them over the line wouldn't you?

So let me get this clear. If you invest your money to paint the stands, replace the broken seats and replace the faulty wiring you get shares in the club. On the other hand if you invest your money to upgrade the training facilities you get a replica shirt or a mention on twitter.

It's not hard to see how they raised so much money so quickly.

Their fans showing class again. Poor punctuation on our part though. 1-1.

Will Mitchell ‏@WillsfcMitchell 1h

@officialpompey You're fans are a disgrace!! Starting on saints fans with children! Should be ashamed #saintsfc #pompey #skates

This tweet possibly encapsulates their demise more than any other:

Ian ‏@SuperPosh7 3h

Are Posh allowed to play the youth team against Portsmouth? I know the bigger clubs tend to do this in the league cup. #pompey #pufc

Quite a few Pompey fans raving about Jack Whatmough.

Wasnt he the blonde haired central defender who was destroyed by Sam Gallagher in last tears 7-0 Youth Cup game?

Either League 2/Div 4 is less quality than Youth football, Whatmough has made great strides in 6 months or Sam Gallagher is an awesome striker!!

Quite a few Pompey fans raving about Jack Whatmough.

Wasnt he the blonde haired central defender who was destroyed by Sam Gallagher in last tears 7-0 Youth Cup game?

Either League 2/Div 4 is less quality than Youth football, Whatmough has made great strides in 6 months or Sam Gallagher is an awesome striker!!

Yes, that was him. They're desperate, it wasn't just Gallagher that took him to bits, it was the entire youth team, including players who haven't even made our Development Side yet.

Southampton team: Harry Isted, Tom Leggett ©, Kyle Clinton, Josh Debayo, Matt Targett, Niall Mason, Jake Flannigan, Marcus Barnes (Mark Irvine 72), Jake Hesketh (Isaac Nehemie 77), Josh Sims (Charlie Higgins 77), Sam Gallagher

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/fa-youth-cup-report-saints-7-0-pompey-1228349.aspx#EdzPLGScD1ZtP8Ai.99

Edited by The9

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})