Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Every fan can pretend that they are happy in Division Three but it isn't 1972 and Eisner needs the increased income from The Championship.

He is now heading for three consecutive seasons of financial losses just at a time when the gulf between divisions opens up further.

They may well have some glory days when they grab a result against bigger clubs like Barnsley and Luton, but the owner needs income - and for the business side of planning and financing the required new stadium, last night was a total disaster.

On my way back from a golf competition in Surrey last night, I listened to the first half on the radio ! Apart from all the sycophantic nonsense about the best fans etc.. there were a couple of beauties :)

" Scotland's goalkeeper " instead of " a Scottish goalkeeper " (he has spent most of his career at Harrogate Railway!) and " Full house at Fratton " unlike the half empty Stadium of Light " (reality - 18k v 26k) !

I laughed all the way down the M3 :):)

Ps. I won the golf, so great day all round !!

Every fan can pretend that they are happy in Division Three but it isn't 1972 and Eisner needs the increased income from The Championship.

He is now heading for three consecutive seasons of financial losses just at a time when the gulf between divisions opens up further.

They may well have some glory days when they grab a result against bigger clubs like Barnsley and Luton, but the owner needs income - and for the business side of planning and financing the required new stadium, last night was a total disaster.

I can, unfortunately, have more claim to being ITK with regard to them than I can with Saints thanks to a friend at board level down there. Their biggest concern at the start of this season was that Premier 2 is going to be a thing sooner rather than later, so promotion as soon as possible was the main aim to make sure they don't get left behind when it happens.

Ooops!

The fat Ugly skate has been named and shamed in The Sun

Surprising thought the identity would never be cracked.

The hack probably had to shell out for a McDonald’s and a bag of crisps to bribe someone to talk

The fat Ugly skate has been named and shamed in The Sun

“SunSport visited the home Oppitz shares with his wife, who refused to comment and turned our reporter away.

But hanging from the washing line in the back garden was a blue T-shirt and grey tracksuit bottoms identical to those worn by the fan who attacked O’Nien”

:lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9097995/portsmouth-fan-kicked-sunderlands-luke-onien-named/

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})