Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

@solentsport: Dave Kitson now talking to SOS #Pompey members in car park, and has belatedly accepted their letter

@pn_neil_allen: RT @solentsport: Trevor Birch isn't doing interviews today, but has invited two members of @SOSPompey in for a chat #pompey

@solentsport: Fans from @SOSPompey are back out, D Kitson told them he hadnt been offered a compromise deal. T Birch said: "we're not crying wolf"

Two journalists who were clearly at different training grounds this morning:

Dave Kitson now talking to SOS #Pompey members in car park, and has belatedly accepted their letter

Fans from @SOSPompey are back out, D Kitson told them he hadnt been offered a compromise deal. T Birch said: "we're not crying wolf"

One final point from training ground here: Dave Kitson apologised to fans for not stopping, thought it was merely a media scrum #Pompey

Dave Kitson and Tal Ben Haim didn’t stop at the entrance to Pompey’s Eastleigh training ground and take a copy of the letter from members of the SOS Pompey group.

About ten die-hard Blues fans arrived at the training base in a bid to plead with the players to help administrator Trevor Birch stop the club going into liquidation.

As Kitson got out of his car safely inside the training ground car park, he was seen to goad the supporters by putting his hand to his ear.

Or maybe they just have a different agenda.

You're missing the point. It's not about the number of fans, it's about their quality, their passion - you know, all those things that we sad scummers lack...

Ah of course I forget they are the bestest tm. Ten of them is equivalent to the 50,000 we took to Wembley. I stand corrected

You're missing the point. It's not about the number of fans, it's about their quality, their passion - you know, all those things that we sad scummers lack...

Ah of course I forget they are the bestest tm. Ten of them is equivalent to the 50,000 we took to Wembley. I stand corrected

Quite right. In fact there is a well-known inversely proportional relationship between their perceived numbers and the number that they *effectively* have. So yes, on that basis their 10 passionate die hard supporters are equivalent to, if not betterer than, our measly 50 000. In fact, taking their argument to its logical conclusion, if you just had one e.g. TCWTB that would represent betterer support than the entire remaining population of the Earth

Quite right. In fact there is a well-known inversely proportional relationship between their perceived numbers and the number that they *effectively* have. So yes, on that basis their 10 passionate die hard supporters are equivalent to, if not betterer than, our measly 50 000. In fact, taking their argument to its logical conclusion, if you just had one e.g. TCWTB that would represent betterer support than the entire remaining population of the Earth

But bizarrely their debts of 150 million or whatever actually only equals the price of a loaf of bread. :rolleyes:

But bizarrely their debts of 150 million or whatever actually only equals the price of a loaf of bread. :rolleyes:

Inverse proportionality. It's all the rage down there on the Island of Doctor Moreau. (With thanks to Waterside.saint, who I think coined that one (courtesy of HG Wells of course)).

Inverse proportionality. It's all the rage down there on the Island of Doctor Moreau. (With thanks to Waterside.saint, who I think coined that one (courtesy of HG Wells of course)).

Thank you, I would love to have coined that one. In fact, I believe the association was first made yesterday by FloridaMarlin

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=1419329#post1419329

Bloody Hell .... The Few Days has now gone to 2 weeks ...... make your minds up.

What am I supposed to do with all this bleedin bread now?

Stale bread up to a fortnight old will toast nicely

Or just pop it in the freezer - it will defrost quickly and toast perfectly. That way you'll always have it ready and to hand.

Rate:

Portsea Islander

11:10 AM on 23/07/2012

Having just got back there the harsh truth is we have 2 weeks and that's it. Ben Haim was a ***t and completely blanked us as we attempted to offer the letter to him. Ok, Kitson initially did as well but was good enough to apologise later on when he realised it was the fans. Chuck, Halford & Huseklepp all took letters and i'm hoping they'll have a good chat about it with each other & their agents. I believe it's the agents who are making life difficult (in addition to Ben Haim & Kanu) but if the club is liquidated they get nothing.

Ok, breaking news, it's the agents fault, I wondered when we'd get to them!

[h=4]UKBATaskforce[/h] 11:56 AM on 23/07/2012

Helio. In regard to your comment on the other thread l rang the FL regarding the parachute payments and they said and l quote " IF A CLUB HAS PARACHUTE PAYMENTS DUE AND THAT CLUB GOES OUT OF BUSINESS THE PARACHUTE PAYMENTS ARE KEPT BY THE PREMIER LEAGUE" hope this answers your question.

UKBATaskforce

11:56 AM on 23/07/2012

Helio. In regard to your comment on the other thread l rang the FL regarding the parachute payments and they said and l quote " IF A CLUB HAS PARACHUTE PAYMENTS DUE AND THAT CLUB GOES OUT OF BUSINESS THE PARACHUTE PAYMENTS ARE KEPT BY THE PREMIER LEAGUE" hope this answers your question.

Yes Trousers - this is so TOTALLY the POINT.

How do they NOT understand.

Players hold out, Club Liquidated. PP's revert to League, League pay football creditors. They get paid.

They leave, club survives, Chinny gets his hands on the PP's by way of the rent or similar he will charge to the new pompey.

Vincent - they hold out they get paid. It just won't be paid by pcfc.

Yes Trousers - this is so TOTALLY the POINT.

How do they NOT understand.

Players hold out, Club Liquidated. PP's revert to League, League pay football creditors. They get paid.

They leave, club survives, Chinny gets his hands on the PP's by way of the rent or similar he will charge to the new pompey.

Vincent - they hold out they get paid. It just won't be paid by pcfc.

Once they get the grasp of that bit they will know they are doomed. Kanu and TBH will stick it out to get their money and that's probably enough to make sure of liquidation so why would the others leave and forgo what they are owed?

I wonder if there is any particular reason why you would phone the Football League to ask them what the Premier League would do with the parachute payments?

I wonder why on earth anyone from the Football League would answer that question over the phone.

Edited by Torres

If I was TBH, I might offer the fans a "meet me halfway" deal.

If you bring me 18K a week in cash, I'll waive the rest of my contract.

If between the lot of you, you can't raise 18K per week in cash, it's pretty obvious no one out there cares much about the club either.

A slight tangential interlude...

@solentsport: #AFCB's new stadium sponsor Goldsands are not yet operating as a company, and are not listed at Companies House

@solentsport: #AFCB's new stadium sponsors Goldsands are based at a property in Surrey, shared by a company who include petrochemicals in their portfolio

Deja vu all over again down Bournemouth way...?

A slight tangential interlude...

@solentsport: #AFCB's new stadium sponsor Goldsands are not yet operating as a company, and are not listed at Companies House

@solentsport: #AFCB's new stadium sponsors Goldsands are based at a property in Surrey, shared by a company who include petrochemicals in their portfolio

Deja vu all over again down Bournemouth way...?

Time for a spinoff "Bournemouth Takeover Saga" thread? Or would they start to think we are treating them as rivals?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Rumours were circulating that ticket sales have been suspended for PFC first home game,this was yesterday.

This has gathered pace somewhat.

i have just been on their OS and ticket purchasing details have been pulled as far as I can see,wonder if it is worth giving them a call.

Interesting that Kitson's said the TB has not actually offered him any compromise, especially after Halford told us last week that nothing was being done to sell him to another club. It's almost as if Birch knows the game is up no matter what happens but wants the players to take the blame and save his professional reputation...

554214540.jpg

The cyber lynching continues... well done, Neil Allen and co.

The News is the Skates local paper so you'd expect them to be more partisan than Solent but they've over-stepped the mark by quite some distance. Feelings are running high and if any of these players had been or are attacked physically then the local paper is going to have some difficult questions to answer and a few job losses including that of Mr Allen may result. I'm glad Jordan Sibley showed Neil Allen for what he is earlier in the season though! Doesn't look like Kitson is trying to incite anyone, I expect he simply didn't understand what the mass of people was and went to speak to their fans afterwards which he wasn't obliged to do. Very naughty reporting to suggest otherwise but post-Leveson, who is honestly surprised?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})