Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The liehberr's bought the "club" and immediately pinned £27m worth of loans to scum. When the "club" advanced towards the PL they converted the loan to shares. Two things about this.

Firstly when running up a further £25m of operating losses to get to the PL, had this investment gone belly up you lot would have been left high and dry the same as we were by Gaydemake and Chanari.

Secondly they converted the loan to shares just before securing promotion to the PL to get the maximum return. That is the shares would soon be were worth more that the loans so they converted them for their own benefit. They have not acted for the good of the "club" but in manner that protects themselves and maximises there return. This is their reason for buying and remaining at scum.

My main point is that since being in the Premier League the club have made clear that they will not entertain the Europa League. Last year when you played Sunderland you had absolutely nothing to gain or lose in the PL being marooned in 8th place with a stack load of points between both 7th and 9th. Still the reserves were put out and a genuine chance of success gone west. Why? because the owners don't want to risk Europa League football which will either require a bigger squad or likely to have an adverse effect on PL prize money returns. This season near full strength teams have been put out but Keoman let the cat out the bag when he said that scum "needed to be seen to be taking the competition seriously". Clearly you are not.

Yes, they have invested in the academy but they have not returned to the first team squad or the club the money they have brought in. There is a reserve which, if it hasn't been already, it will be returned to the Liebherr's in the form of a dividend before the club is sold.

If they left tomorrow they would have left you in a better financial but they would not sell the club tomorrow. Before any sale it is clear (as was seen last summer when i personally believe the club was on the brink of sale) they would sell the family jewels and clear out the bank account first. What is more they will leave you with the same number of major trophies in the cabinet. Please don't be fooled; they are not at scum for the good of the club, the community, the youth academy and certainly not to win any trophies. They are there to make money and that is the top and bottom of it. That means no prospect of winning a trophy as it makes no money or, more precisely, risks far more significant sums of PL prize money.

So I return to my point... It's all fine and well having money but if you're owners are only geared to making money there is in the current structure no prospect of such clubs striving to win a trophy. With no intention of actually winning any trophies what is the point of being a football club? The harsh reality is, like Newcastle and Villa, you exist to sit in mid-table and collect premier league prize money whilst costs are kept to a minimum and fans taken for as much as they are prepared to be bled for. You are so welcome to it cause even though we sit at the bottom of the 4th Division, I sleep comfortably knowing that the 4:1 ratio of major trophy wins in our favour will remain for as long as the Liehberr's are in charge.

You "club" is not not football clubs because it no longer strives to be the best football club it can be; only to make money. You want to back a soulless corporate whore and line the pockets of our friendly jolly foreigners then be my guest.... the last laugh is on you!

He sort of has a point, but also misses the point. I am certain the Liebherr's are in it to make money (or at the very least, not lose it), but that is not necessarily wrong . (It's no wonder they don't get it, given their history). Making money usually goes with success. Reaching the Champion's League would be successful in football and financial terms. I have never had a problem supporting a well-run club, living within its means, as it pushes forwards.

I think at the moment, when look at the tables, that the last laugh might just be on them.

How does that pitch get like that? I mean, where there is no grass, how has it worn away?

You might expect the goalmouths to be worn, and even a bit of wear and tear down the centre of the pitch.

But what happens on those patches to make the grass wither?

I think that photo shows the main reason, that part of the pitch probably doesn't get enough sunlight. Added to them having to train on the pitch before the new training ground was ready and prioritising getting capacity back up to 20,000 with the North Stand safety certificate rather than spending on pitch maintenance, and you have the perfect conditions for a pitch shambles.

How does that pitch get like that? I mean, where there is no grass, how has it worn away?

You might expect the goalmouths to be worn, and even a bit of wear and tear down the centre of the pitch.

Some pickey sold em a cheap drainage system in the summer

On another topic (there's no article specifically on the subject), I hope we send that idiot McCallum back to West Ham straight away. There is no excuse for fighting and I'd be mortified if a Portsmouth player did that, but as a loan signing it's possibly even worse as we now have a wasted loan space and wasted wages, for someone brought in temporarily to do a job by getting himself banned for three games, he is not doing that.

Knowing this club, there'll be some stupid clause in his loan agreement that we're unable to send him back to West Ham. Or even if there isn't, we'll just keep him anyway even if he can't play, because that's the kind of thing we'd do.[/Quote]

**Can only hope that McCallum does one and never comes back.

What's this all about then? How come Factless hasn't done a double page spread on it, given it concerns their Premier League star?

According to Ian Darke, the Pompey shirt is too heavy for some of their players. Seriously, that's what they think. Deluded beyond belief.

Just a roundabout way for Skate fans to talk about how this division is beneath them, what with them being so massive and stuff.

Their giganticness is holding them back and piling on the pressure on the current helpless players weighed down with the magnitude of playing for one of world football's bestest biggestest and most magnificentest clubs.

They got the fertiliser and round-up mixed up?

Isn't that annoying "McCain Crisp" advert filmed there? When it had grass, or maybe green paint, on it?

Is that a bell hanging from the roof.

i notice all the wear is at the halfway line, is it because they have to kick off more often than most other teams?

It is understood Pompey’s upturn in form, starting with the trip to Luton, was a key consideration in the debate.

That gutsy showing was followed by a controversial defeat at Newport and then second-placed Burton snatching a Fratton Park equaliser seven minutes from time.

Last weekend the Blues suffered a 2-1 loss against another promotion-chasing side in Southend, having taken the lead.

Although only two points were collected during that period, those performances have provided sufficient encouragement to Pompey’s hierarchy.

Another aspect in Awford’s favour was the make-up of forthcoming fixtures.

Once Wycombe have been visited this weekend, February throws up matches against Hartlepool, Dagenham & Redbridge, Exeter, Cambridge, Tranmere and Oxford.

Of that opposition on the horizon, three currently occupy the bottom four spots in League Two.

In addition, four of those matches are at Fratton Park, with trips to the Daggers and Cambridge.

Considering the last four fixtures have been against the top six – plus top-of-the-table Wycombe on Saturday – February offers more opportunity to pick up results.

There remains optimism within the Blues board it can be the month to provide the crucial platform for a surge up the table.

There's some very wobbly logic in there amongst the single sentence paragraphs.

There's some very wobbly logic in there amongst the single sentence paragraphs.

They had better hope that Cambridge won't raise their game against the mighty Pompey, as they did against Manchester United.

Will they be up for it, as it will be like playing their Cup Final against one of the biggest clubs in English Football.

PM_profile_1_bigger.jpgPenny Mordaunt MP@PennyMordauntMP 17 hours ago

Currently sat at another dinner table stuffing my face and using football as a vehicle to ensure I get lots of skate votes. If only there were more skiers in Fratton I'd be on that Jump show next month. Hang on, there's another bandwagon going past the restaurant window. I'd better rush out and jump on that#pompey @PompeyTrust

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})