Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Let the delusion begin....

Geo ‏@geowillsuk

Definitely proved that Pompey don't have a league two squad! Championship easily!

:lol:

To be fair they looked good first half, but they hardly had a kick in the second. Hope bompey get United away and the financial win that offers. Look what you would ave won...

Let the delusion begin....

Geo ‏@geowillsuk

Definitely proved that Pompey don't have a league two squad! Championship easily!

:lol:

That'll be why they are walking L2 then as leaders behind Northampton, Plymouth, Oxford, Bristol Rovers and now Accrington then.

The spin for the easily led -

spirited pompey were unlucky

a cauldron of noise

gave their opponents a bloody nose

roared on by a sell out crowd

Cook's battling troops

put the club back on the map

relived the glory days

Championship floodlights on show

intimidating atmosphere

Fortress Fratton packed to the rafters

Reality - lost at home to Boscombe reserves.

Apparently the pompey goal was the best goal

They've seen there for years according to many of their fans!! Just seen the highlights and it was a lumped ball up the middle followed by a couple of passes along the ground to men in

space and then slotted into the corner from about 8 yards! Seriously the average kind of goal you see every week at pretty much most levels.

Apparently the pompey goal was the best goal

They've seen there for years according to many of their fans!! Just seen the highlights and it was a lumped ball up the middle followed by a couple of passes along the ground to men in

space and then slotted into the corner from about 8 yards! Seriously the average kind of goal you see every week at pretty much most levels.

Prior to that long ball there was a long period of possession that went nowhere, so Burgess went more direct.

Interesting article in the Independent before the match:-

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/portsmouth-vs-bournemouth-fa-cup-tie-after-the-fall-pompey-regroup-on-safer-ground-a6842836.html

It glosses over their recent history of ownership by the gun-runner, the fake sheik, the penniless Arab ice-cream salesman, the Hong Kong loan shark and the Russian mafia and then asks a couple of the main people representing the trust that owns them now, whether they would swap all that for stability in the second division. Typically as is borne out by asking the same thing of my Skate business clients, they are happy to accept their lowly 4th division status and the prospect of remaining in the lower leagues for many more years as a price worth paying for the trips to Wembley and the cup win.

No doubt it is in their blood, living on an Island steeped in Naval history, probably with numerous precedents of their matelot forebears spending all their money on grog and tarts and saying that ending up in the poor house was worth it when they look back on the great time they had boozing and womanising, whilst also ruining their livers and getting the pox.

Despite the glossing over of the charities robbed, the local businesses robbed, HMRC robbed, Neil Allen states that he as a journalist (allegedly) and most of the fans, never thought that it would be a good idea to question why these crooks gained control of their club whilst things were going so well on the pitch. This thinking is in tune with the belief by the fans that the near demise of their club was also worth the fleeting glory.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/portsmouth-vs-bournemouth-fa-cup-tie-after-the-fall-pompey-regroup-on-safer-ground-a6842836.html

It glosses over their recent history of ownership by the gun-runner, the fake sheik, the penniless Arab ice-cream salesman, the Hong Kong loan shark and the Russian mafia and then asks a couple of the main people representing the trust that owns them now, whether they would swap all that for stability in the second division. Typically as is borne out by asking the same thing of my Skate business clients, they are happy to accept their lowly 4th division status and the prospect of remaining in the lower leagues for many more years as a price worth paying for the trips to Wembley and the cup win.

No doubt it is in their blood, living on an Island steeped in Naval history, probably with numerous precedents of their matelot forebears spending all their money on grog and tarts and saying that ending up in the poor house was worth it when they look back on the great time they had boozing and womanising, whilst also ruining their livers and getting the pox.

Despite the glossing over of the charities robbed, the local businesses robbed, HMRC robbed, Neil Allen states that he as a journalist (allegedly) and most of the fans, never thought that it would be a good idea to question why these crooks gained control of their club whilst things were going so well on the pitch. This thinking is in tune with the belief by the fans that the near demise of their club was also worth the fleeting glory.

Nail. Head

Some quotes from POL. Excuse the spelling errors

4th round cup shock at fratton park as little old Bournemouth knock the mighty Pompey out of the cup

Wherever we are in 10 years time Bournemouth will be below us

Their was a combined stand up if you hate the scum at one point.

we want to be out to concentrate on the league

I would love to know how many passes led up to that goal. tippy tappy. Just like Argentina, Barcelona and Arsenal

I actually don't wish to see us bracketed with Shrewsbury beating Everton or Wrexham beating Arsenal or Halifax beating Manchester City.'Shock' Portsmouth beating, er...Bournemouth? Has it- or it would if we had won- come to this? Reid, Harris and Dickinson must turn in their graves at each indiginity lumped on our great club.

Bournemouth in the Premiership is a marvellous absurdity and they have had a winning day out at a much bigger cub, albeit one of currently diminished and inferior league status.

Puts us in the spotlight with agents/players who will now view us as a club on "the up"

will get national plaudits for what is being achieved here

Who on earth sanctioned the over-the-top police presence ?

Away from the game, here's a thread about Ronald Koeman

My mate flew back from Amsterdam this morning, and saw ronald koeman on the flight. He tried to have a chat but he was quite rude, so sent me the following picture. My other mate then gave it a little edit (the bottom picture) which I'm sure you'll all like! Feel free to come up with something better

image-jpg.2287

img_1274-jpg.2290

:mcinnes: :mcinnes:

'Many involved in the club admit they wondered where the money was coming from but, said Allen, “when a team is doing well no one wants to read negative stuff.” '

#shouldhavebeenwoundup

That'll be why they are walking L2 then as leaders behind Northampton, Plymouth, Oxford, Bristol Rovers and now Accrington then.

Still clinging on as joint leaders, but it's getting very crowded at the top there. I dread to think what's going to happen to them if they don't go up this year. Is this the promotion or bust season? :scared:

What's that I spy in the North Stand?

Empty seats! Not a couple, and not a set to segregate fans, no, a good collection of unsold seats in the home section.

I guess the joint leaders have now redefined the term sell-out.

But as the local paper points out, Pompey’s day in the spotlight couldn’t have gone any better.

Really?....:o

What an interesting way to look at it.

'I can't even begin to describe the build up to that goal'

I can:

Dull.

Hardly great football, they didn't threaten the goal once in 4minutes of play, passed it back to the keeper three times and then hoofed it long because Bournemouth were keeping their shape and stopping them progressing into the box.

Besides there's a much better video out there which demonstrates good teamwork and passing skill.

I am still in awe of the relentless media campaign down there. Goebbles would be proud of the way they twist fact and truth to suit their own ends.

This one? 5 minutes in. Better for many reasons. For a start it was fully in the oppositions half.

Yeah, that's the one. They're lapping it up, but all I saw was pointless backwards passing which B'mouth were more than happy to accept. It was a lump forward that actually got them in. That goal against M'Boro was much more complete and actually can be described as probing, rather than just keeping the ball for keeping the ball sake.

[video=youtube;-XrD4eJ3eVw]

Is it Pompey or is it Barcelona :mcinnes:

A load of backwards passing followed by a hoofed ball forward... yep definitely Barcelona :mcinnes:

And the number of passes down the bottom is irrelevant because they give the ball away at least three times :mcinnes:

Pass #29 for example... wonderful cross field ball to a Bournemouth player with about 10 yards of clear space in all directions. WTF?

By their rules you just have to count how many times you touch the ball from the point you kick off until you score?

PL team complacently field reserves and youth against lower league club in FA Cup. Lower league team bust a gut in the first half and dominate but run out of steam after 60 minutes. A few senior pro PL substitutes kill off the game.

Our match against Man U when we were in Lg1 is one of my favourites. Even though we lost it was the moment I knew we were on the way back.

Edited by buctootim

[video=youtube;-XrD4eJ3eVw]

Is it Pompey or is it Barcelona :mcinnes:

A load of backwards passing followed by a hoofed ball forward... yep definitely Barcelona :mcinnes:

And the number of passes down the bottom is irrelevant because they give the ball away at least three times :mcinnes:

Why is Joe Wilkinson off of 8 Out of 10 Cats doing the co-commentating?

Rednapp wrote in the DT that he had no idea that they were in bad straights when he left and up to then the club had been funded by Gaydamak. He forgot to mention that he cleared off overnight and he and Storey were drawing huge salaries and the club was being funded by the taxpayer.

Walk into work this morning

"See we nearly beat Bournemouth at the weekend?"

They're genuinely very proud of this defeat....to AFC Bournemouth.

AFC Bournemouth RESERVES!

If you make a full ELEVEN changes to your side before the game, then it is a RESERVE team.

But well done to the phew for securing such a magnificent loss. There truly is no other team that can lose betterer.

One of the Pompey forums derogatory mention was made of the 'plastic' MK Dons stadium ('prefer surroundings of the 'decrepit ' Old Girl!!!!!!! etc)_

No atmosphere etc (fair enough) compared to the 'cauldron' which is Fratton Park... 'where the fans contribute so much to home results'.....

Interesting then that a recent Sky Report shows that, if I remember correctly, Pompey have the 62nd best historical home record whilst Saints, in comparison, are 17th

Another Portsmyth???

Just seen ex-skate Sheringham sacked at Stevenage.

Always thought he was a bit of a 'wooden top' when interviewed at his peak, and a career rounded off badly at his time with the skates.

Perhaps a skate manager in waiting when Cook fails to take them up after two or three attempts.

From the BBC deadline day page

Smith off to Pompey?

Posted at 16:49

Neither club has confirmed this one yet, but BBC Wiltshire are reporting that Swindon striker Michael Smith is on his way to League Two Portsmouth.

The 24-year-old forward spent three months on loan at Barnsley earlier this season, but failed to score in 13 appearances.

Sounds like a standard skate loan - probably paying him a stupid wage as well:?

Walk into work this morning

"See we nearly beat Bournemouth at the weekend?"

They're genuinely very proud of this defeat....to AFC Bournemouth.

We're all missing point, that was in fact the greatest and most plucky snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory against a reserve team that ever graced their sh@gged-out potato patch

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})