Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

"Argentine soccer legend Diego Maradona is offering to bring four international stars to newly owned Portsmouth, if the club appoints him as their global ambassador, his lawyer has claimed.

And in a further development, an advisor to new Pompey owner Sulaiman Al Fahim confirmed this morning that “discussions” have been held with Maradona’s cousin Remigio Maradona over a role for the former World Cup winner at the club.

Confidential emails sent by Maradona’s lawyer Angel Oscar Moyano claim the superstar is willing to act on behalf of Valencia striker David Villa and Barcelona hero Samuel Eto’o. The email also mentions his son-in-law Kun Aguero, who plays for Atletico Madrid and another Valencia striker, David Silva, as possible targets.

“Diego Armando Maradona has players “personal“ commitment [sic] to enter into exclusive talks with Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim”, writes Moyano.

Eto'o, Villa, Silva. Crap players or what? We'll be down this season for sure and in administration within a year. Yeah, looks like you guys were right all along. We've fuucking had it big style..........:rolleyes:

This one has to win a prize.

Hmm hands up I got it very wrong questioning Duncan near the beginning of the thread. I liked this post from myself though:

I wholeheartedly agree. People saying now we have gone through it I hope that never happens to them, well frankly I do hope it happens to them. We are in this situation primarily because of our stadium debt. They are in their situation because they massivly overspent and must now take the medicine. They deserve what they get now whereas we didn't at all.

Another good one from Gemmel:

Just for you Phil...............;)

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2125309369

i understand peoples concerns about fahim not being a billionaire, but i've read reports online and in the paper (the daily mail, if i recall) and general reasearching which confirm he doesn't just scrape the billionaire tag, he is very much comfortably in the billionaire bracket. I've a friend who works in UAE and apperantly he is ranked as the 3rd richest man over that neck of woods and is comfortably a billionaire.

He also confirmed with an interview not long ago, when asked a question, that he is a comfortable billionaire. His family are reportedly worth a trillion. Not In man city owner bracket, but who is?

It has been widely thought that Fahim is TEN times the wealth of Roman Abromovich.

I understand peoples concerns, and rumours, but for the worrying Pompey fans, this guy is the real deal.

If we get him, which looks likely, then brace up, it's going to be one hell of an incredible ride! If we don't, we move on!

Realistically? Extremely unlikely. However, who would have thought Pompey would have signed 5 current England internationals in the last three years?

Admit it, you all laughed your ****s off when the 'Sol Campbell to sign for Pompey' stories started surfacing a few years back. You laughed with a bit less certainty when the 'David James to sign for Pompey' story broke. By the time we'd signed Johnson, Muntari, Diarra, and Defoe you'd stopped laughing a long time earlier.

The point is if you pay someone enough money they'll come to you. So what if it doesn't last forever? We've had more fun in the last 7 years than you've had in the last 30.

The bottom line is that despite the title of this thread, the takeover has NOT collapsed, Al Fahim has NOT failed the FPPT, we are NOT going down and we are NOT going into administration.

You might as well lock this one down, because remember: "It's the hope that kills you".

Hehehehe....

Strange how you don't hear a peep out of the gutless fu.ckers now isn't it?

LOL!

FPMSFL ROFLMFAO

No sign of the corpse for months - probably because we're all nutjobs and not worth his time listening to our boring drivel that never comes true ;)

No sign of PFC123 who outlines succinctly in his own user name how intelligent he is and the absolute maximum of his mathematical abilities :)

Not even any sign of the pompey tool that lives in Reading either.

Someone once said that these idiots only ever show up when in their opinion they have something to cheer about, you decide for yourselves how true that statement is ;)

Wouldn't it be nice if just one of them appeared - Mack and Mero excused - and just admitted that they fell for the spin and drivel coming out of the club hook line and sinker and they were wrong all along.

Now, where's my flying pig?

Hasn't the three years gone quickly: I suppose it would when just this thread alone has been so entertaining. Chuckling my head off here reading all those historic posts - wonderful!

PS: did we ever get those "I'm a PTS Nutjob t-shirts"? We could now add a little crest "8th July 2009 - 2012"

LOL!

FPMSFL ROFLMFAO

No sign of the corpse for months - probably because we're all nutjobs and not worth his time listening to our boring drivel that never comes true ;)

No sign of PFC123 who outlines succinctly in his own user name how intelligent he is and the absolute maximum of his mathematical abilities :)

Not even any sign of the pompey tool that lives in Reading either.

Someone once said that these idiots only ever show up when in their opinion they have something to cheer about, you decide for yourselves how true that statement is ;)

Wouldn't it be nice if just one of them appeared - Mack and Mero excused - and just admitted that they fell for the spin and drivel coming out of the club hook line and sinker and they were wrong all along.

Now, where's my flying pig?

And yet amusingly he posts as banker on POL and every other post is about Southampton fans and this thread. It's really funny.

He's thick as fu.ck.

Here is one from Friday:

According to scum's mega comspiracy thread it's all actually our fault/ the club's fault. We apparently should have questioned where the money was coming from. Remind me what prompted Storrie to have to issue a statement saying the money was all Gaydamak's own. They really are ****wits of the highest (lowest?) order.

And another from last week:

The proposal was for a statue of our fans and it's because of the massive chip they have on their shoulder about the media often talking about how good our fans are. They constantly refer to us sarcastically as the "bestest" fans when bleating about how they get bigger crowds etc etc completely missing the point that it's not about numbers but the noise/ passion that the media refer to.

those quotes about Maradona and Eto are just comedy gold. :lol:

You can't come back from those and be taken seriously.

There's been so much good stuff on here that you forget some of the classics.

And those arrogant and clearly bonkers claims just fuelled this thread.

Most pompey fans I stumble across keep their mouths shut and if they say anything it's an admission of shame about what has gone on - and if they behave like that I leave them in peace....sort of.

But.....the gobby, deluded, sister-bothering, cross-eyed, recreation-ground-trespassing, council-padlock-bolt-cropping inbreds who spout all this Maradona/Harbourdome/billionaire consortium around the next corner madness, or claim that their situation was the same as ours :o....it's that retarded bunch that have inspired nutjobs everywhere to rise up and challenge their drivel.

If they had just shut the f^ck up early doors, this thread would have faded away.

So my advice to them would be - look at the league tables, be a little humble, take your fingers out of your ears and face the truth.

Your club has been criminally-run, and you stood by and watched it happen.

The swing in our league positions has been enormous, we've got a tough season ahead and we are realistic about it, but we've had great fun and someone mentioned earlier that I think we may be the ones who are laughing now.

Much of that gloating has been in retaliation for those hilarious -10 in Southampton teeshirts and the abuse of Ted etc.

You celebrated the arrival of every new criminal, the club has been cheating all the way from the Championship upwards and downwards - and you were happy to ignore the crimes when things were going well.

Clutch the memory of those Wembley trips tightly, they may have to last you a while.

And just tell me once again that the complete destruction of your once proud football club in return for a meagre 1-0 win over a bankrupt midtable Championship side was a good deal for the fans...go on.

And this time say it like you believe it.

Three years of laughs, and despite what some have said, it ain't over yet - there are more chapters to be writ, more pants to be wet, more coffee to be spat.

Let's start tomorrow with the PR explanation as to why the three players haven't left over the weekend as suggested, why the coach hasn't joined, and why the embargo hasn't been lifted - throw in a dash of random loyal player pledging his future to help the battling manager's plucky troops, and the saga will live on.

We have a holiday to Gibraltar to be paid for, more wages deferred, running costs stacking up, all on the back of the bestest fans in world football and the leading coaching set up in the country....yeah, loads more laughs.

Don't move along, plenty to see here.

Most pompey fans I stumble across keep their mouths shut and if they say anything it's an admission of shame about what has gone on - and if they behave like that I leave them in peace....sort of.

But.....the gobby, deluded, sister-bothering, cross-eyed, recreation-ground-trespassing, council-padlock-bolt-cropping inbreds who spout all this Maradona/Harbourdome/billionaire consortium around the next corner madness, or claim that their situation was the same as ours :o....it's that retarded bunch that have inspired nutjobs everywhere to rise up and challenge their drivel.

If they had just shut the f^ck up early doors, this thread would have faded away.

So my advice to them would be - look at the league tables, be a little humble, take your fingers out of your sisters and face the truth.

The swing in our league positions has been enormous, we've got a tough season ahead and we are realistic about it, but we've had great fun and someone mentioned earlier that I think we may be the ones who are laughing now.

Much of that gloating has been in retaliation for those hilarious -10 in Southampton teeshirts and the abuse of Ted etc.

You celebrated the arrival of every new criminal, the club has been cheating all the way from the Championship upwards and downwards - and you were happy to ignore the crimes when things were going well.

Clutch the memory of those Wembley trips tightly, they may have to last you a while.

And just tell me once again that the complete destruction of your once proud football club in return for a meagre 1-0 win over a bankrupt midtable Championship side was a good deal for the fans...go on.

Three years of laughs, and despite what some have said, it ain't over yet - there are more chapters to be writ, more pants to be wet, more coffee to be spat.

Let's start tomorrow with the PR explanation as to why the three players haven't left over the weekend as suggested, why the coach hasn't joined, and why the embargo hasn't been lifted - throw in a dash of random loyal player pledging his future to help the battling manager's plucky troops, and the saga will live on.

We have a holiday to Gibraltar to be paid for, more wages deferred, running costs stacking up, all on the back of the bestest fans in world football and the leading coaching set up in the country....yeah, loads more laughs.

As always, a great read mate.

So my advice to them would be - look at the league tables, be a little humble, take your fingers out of your ears and face the truth.

Like :thumbup:

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Banker AKA Corpy

According to scum's mega comspiracy thread it's all actually our fault/ the club's fault. We apparently should have questioned where the money was coming from. Remind me what prompted Storrie to have to issue a statement saying the money was all Gaydamak's own. They really are ****wits of the highest (lowest?) order.

I just love that one.

IF a Nutjob sitting at a laptop, 3,500 miles away from England can find out that

Al Fahim had no money (and was being backed by someone who used to be kinda important in UP's favourite Vacation Destination)

Al Faraj did not exist

And CSI were (I'll be polite here) "questionable" (OK I also give credit to Eddie Mitchell the uber nutjob on that one)

How the HELL could not one of the few at least ask a question about them?

And no Sue, I haven't forgotten I'll have a hunt for some Tee-Shirts in a couple of weeks

@pn_neil_allen: Back to training for #Pompey players tomorrow and us media been invited to witness it. Expect a few triallists. Going to be interesting.

Blimey, Roman, Sacha, 'Arry & Milan all turning up for training tomorrow then. That should attract the biggest crowd they'll get all season

@pn_neil_allen: Back to training for #Pompey players tomorrow and us media been invited to witness it. Expect a few triallists. Going to be interesting.

media no longer just needing to talk a good game, but play as well. Good luck neil. Don't forget to bring your own kit and match fee.

So where will they turn up for training? Thought they had no training ground at present ,since King Edward's finally threw them out?

There must be a recreation ground, park or bit of scrubland somewhere in Portsmouth that they could use?

Remember the saying something along the lines that if every monkey was given a keyboard eventually

they would write a Shakespere play? Well Corp in all of his ramblings was actually almost 100% correct ONCE.

"For the record I don't believe you'll go out of business. I'm sure someone will come in and buy you before your deadline passes.

Might not be Paul Allen but at least some joker (probably Roops) will bail you out. I'm also aware before anyone points it out that

Pompey could very easily find themselves in the same boat again."

Sorry but I had to point that bit out as it makes the rest of his rubbish even more cringeworthy.:lol:

Pompey's troubles in a documentary made in 1990 (in fact, more than just skate troubles in there):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xGh_4TwU3A&feature=relmfu

Change the online stock exchange for glitter paper billionaires, arrival of the Campbells/Kanus/Johnsons/Kranjcars and initial rise in the table for the initial earnings part (AT&T scene), FA Cup win and UEFA cup run as the birthday presents, the scratch in the jar as they're jokes about our misery, when he starts losing the money for their initial pay troubles, the breakdown for the administration issues, and the Joe coffee scene as their current denial issues. Hopefully the final punch threat (Football League) will wake them up and the END.

So....this is the week that Appy can start to bring in those 18 players he's had lined up over the last few weeks....you know, the ones who are "desperate to play for Pompey".

Sweepstake on how many in before the end of the week? It's gonna be a busy one for the new recruitment manager, that's for sure...

Remember the saying something along the lines that if every monkey was given a keyboard eventually

they would write a Shakespere play? Well Corp in all of his ramblings was actually almost 100% correct ONCE.

"For the record I don't believe you'll go out of business. I'm sure someone will come in and buy you before your deadline passes.

Might not be Paul Allen but at least some joker (probably Roops) will bail you out. I'm also aware before anyone points it out that

Pompey could very easily find themselves in the same boat again."

Sorry but I had to point that bit out as it makes the rest of his rubbish even more cringeworthy.:lol:

Think that was actually tried and possibly at the zoo I work at if I remember right, the book was released and its absolute jibberish :lol:

So where will they turn up for training? Thought they had no training ground at present ,since King Edward's finally threw them out?

Now they are back "Home", they are all going to have an hours "swim around" in Portsmouth Harbour....... then sink to the bottom for Lunch

I estimate they have a maximum budget for wages next season of £75k/week (excluding ALL legacy issues). Take out the non-playing staff leaves around £60k/week for a first team squad of 20 and the development squad. That's an average of £2,500/week for the first team squad.

Spend wisely guys.

So....this is the week that Appy can start to bring in those 18 players he's had lined up over the last few weeks....you know, the ones who are "desperate to play for Pompey".

Sweepstake on how many in before the end of the week? It's gonna be a busy one for the new recruitment manager, that's for sure...

I'm going to get in quickly and go for NONE, NIL, ZILTCH, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY

And so the sympathy starts...

@TonyHusbandBBC: Off to see how the #pompey squad is looking after another tough summer for club. How many training today will be there in August?

Another tough summer for the club? What about the tough summers that the creditors have had FFS?

Edited by trousers

More pertinent by far is how many out. They are back at training together now, chats over the water cooler, Appy leaving presents in kit bags etc. the pressure is going to be on. 14 days. Tick tock.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})