Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=652485

Some suggestion in the opening post that The Chinese want to buy them...... Not sure if that's a Chinese billionaire or "The Oriental take away".

Didn't they screw some Chinese takeaways during one of the administrations by ordering the food and then doing a runner when the bill was presented? So I can't see that one coming off.

Some suggestion in the opening post that The Chinese want to buy them...... Not sure if that's a Chinese billionaire or "The Oriental take away".

I knew there must have been a good reason why our old friend Wang Jianlin completed a buy-back of his $4.4bn Dalian Wanda property business this week. It's all starting to make sense now...

I also wonder if this means we'll see Cortese resurfacing on the South Coast with his "good friend" Dalian Wanda....

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?48666-Wang-Jianlin-looking-at-175m-takeover-of-Southampton-according-to-Sunday-Mirror#.V7QjFpgrLWU

A few months back I posted on here that Cortese was in London holding meetings with potential new owners.

The plan I believe has been work in progress for some time.

He wants to have complete control of the club.

He is planning on heading the purchase of the club with his very good friend Dalian Wanda.

;)

Edited by trousers

Fan ownership seems great. There's no reason they can't sustainably challenge for mid-table in league 2 with the occasional playoff season. A high point in the next decade or so might be becoming the new Crewe and being a L1/L2 yo-yo club. Exciting future ahead.

I really wish our U23s were playing them now.

They've signed up for the Premier League Cup, so who knows?

Edited by hutch

Referring to his players, their manager is unwavering in his belief they are of the calibre to guide the club out of League Two...

The current table supports his theory.

Looks like we are revisiting the old problem of we want to continue to pretend that we own the club but we want other people to finance it.

Listen up everyone, this might be news to some - YOUR FAN-OWNED BUSINESS MODEL IS FLAWED!

There are suggestions that owners from Russia, China, Thailand etc are only buying clubs to launder dirty money. The Skates have experienced this type of owner before and were bled dry as a result. At the level they now find themselves, they could be in the frame for more laundering, but more likely in the way of dirty clothes rather than dirty money. I'm thinking Chinese Laundry owners.

There are suggestions that owners from Russia, China, Thailand etc are only buying clubs to launder dirty money. The Skates have experienced this type of owner before and were bled dry as a result. At the level they now find themselves, they could be in the frame for more laundering, but more likely in the way of dirty clothes rather than dirty money. I'm thinking Chinese Laundry owners.
I cant see that there is much left to buy. A much reduced stadium, a squad worth little and the items of value from the Boardroom and were saved from the skip dont belong to them anymore

There is nothing of worth there. Nothing.

The stadium needs complete redevelopment and, due to being landlocked by Tesco cannot be realistically increased in size

Do they own the training ground? Or rent it?

There's no assets of real worth anywhere in the club

The squad is comprised of has beens and lower league journeymen

I stops they could sell the FA cup they nicked.....

one of their local rivals have sacked their manager today

Eastleigh have sacked Chris Todd already.

How long has Cookie got left on his?

I wonder if he's feeling the pressure yet?

Will the players want to help dig him out of this hole?

Join us Saturday when the mighty skates battle for top spot against relegated Colchester at home!

How long has Cookie got left on his?

I wonder if he's feeling the pressure yet?

Will the players want to help dig him out of this hole?

Join us Saturday when the mighty skates battle for top spot against relegated Colchester at home!

'Low-flying behemoth pompey' vs. 'wounded giant Colchester'? mouthwatering :lol:

The stadium needs complete redevelopment and, due to being landlocked by Tesco cannot be realistically increased in size

But they've got 'history' and that will ensure a price tag of hundreds of billions.

I guarantee one of them made that Portsmyth up to make them feel better and portray that they're sill and always be a huge club. Which they're not, and never will be.

Ha. F()cking ha.

That badly ironed tablecloth they use for pressers has got to be worth a couple of quid?

I cant see that there is much left to buy. A much reduced stadium, a squad worth little and the items of value from the Boardroom and were saved from the skip dont belong to them anymore

The tatty timber tabernacle will collapse under its own weight in a year or two and the rotting timber might generate enough methane to power the septic isle for a couple of weeks, some fossil fuel oligarch will surely buy them up just for the carbon credits

The tatty timber tabernacle will collapse under its own weight in a year or two and the rotting timber might generate enough methane to power the septic isle for a couple of weeks, some fossil fuel oligarch will surely buy them up just for the carbon credits

BTL - Botched Tabernacle Leaks...oh, we've moved on...

Interesting rumours about Cook.

I can't work out if the spelling error 'herd' is intentional or not

CqF7qkJWIAAC8bv.jpg

Apparently, a 'source' suggests he has 2 games to save his job!

And the bestest fans in the world have set up a crowdfunding page to fund Paul Cook's fine for not playing a proper team in the EFL Trophy.

It's at 2% so they don't need too much more, given the club's record on paying all debts in full.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Paul-Cook-Fund

CqF7qkJWIAAC8bv.jpg

And the bestest fans in the world have set up a crowdfunding page to fund Paul Cook's fine for not playing a proper team in the EFL Trophy.

It's at 2% so they don't need too much more, given the club's record on paying all debts in full.

Waisted!

I couldn't get to link - must be too much traffic from all their global support. 84c94656c6d548dbcc579408a146b468.jpg

CqF7qkJWIAAC8bv.jpg

'Earn some respect and the right to wear the shirt' - Bless, there's none more entitled :toppa:

You're just on a wind up. Of course they don't rent their training ground. They lease it. Don't you know the difference?

And they definately own the second hand portacabins they use there. And the grass. They own the grass, they bought their own seeds.

It must be worth al least a couple of grand. Maybe even three.

But they've got 'history' and that will ensure a price tag of hundreds of billions.

Which will make all those 'shareholders' rich, beyond their wildest dreams!

A takeover would be quite amusing actually, just for the fact that they own fook all, to dawn on a segment of the phew, that actually believe that they own part of the club.

Is the "Cook out" movement gathering any momentum yet?

Was he seen staggering out of that pub last night?

Rumour has it that Paul Cook has been frequenting the Shepherds Crooked trying to tap up their prolific striker,a legend in local pub football the as yet unnamed target man is rumoured to be constantly struggling with fitness issues and a weight problem,a source close to the Pub side said their star man did not wish to play at a lower level or be managed by a scouser who never buys a round.

Rumour has it that Paul Cook has been frequenting the Shepherds Crooked trying to tap up their prolific striker,a legend in local pub football the as yet unnamed target man is rumoured to be constantly struggling with fitness issues and a weight problem,a source close to the Pub side said their star man did not wish to play at a lower level or be managed by a scouser who never buys a round.

Are you related to Rallyboy?:adore:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})