Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I do hope the erstwhile manager of Rotherham (5 matches in charge, resigned in November) doesn't do a bunk after a month again...

There are a lot of "big clubs" in L1 this season, aren't there?

Portsmouth Football Club are delighted to announce the appointment of Kenny Jackett as first team manager.

The former Watford, Swansea, Millwall, Wolves and Rotherham boss has signed a two-year deal at Fratton Park.

The club are in advanced talks with Joe Gallen – who has worked with Jackett at QPR, Millwall and Wolves – about becoming assistant manager.

Jackett said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I’m looking forward to getting started. It’s an exciting challenge.

This club has a passionate fan-base and they can be a 12th man for us. Hopefully we can build on the momentum of last season and continue to progress.

“I can promise that I’ll work as hard as I possibly can to make sure that we can bring success to Portsmouth.”

Blues chief executive Mark Catlin added: “We’re delighted to announce Kenny as our new manager – he ticks so many boxes for us.

He’s managed big clubs with big expectations in the past and has plenty of experience of getting sides out of League One.

“Kenny also has a history of implementing strong structures to move clubs forward and this was key in our decision-making process. We’re excited about him bringing his philosophy of development to Pompey.”

Jackett spent his entire playing career with Watford and later enjoyed promotion success as a manager with Swansea, Millwall and Wolves.

Mention the passionate fan base - tick. A mention of how they are a big club with big expectations - tick.

Cook out, Jackett in and Wigan have paid us. Turned out nice.
amazing like all the Skates you dont hear a peep, but then when things look up lol.

I dont count Mack Rill in that he has been the only one to front up in the bad times for them

They still haven't signed any players though. Already most teams in that division are signing players that have been released by higher division clubs. If this takeover isn't sorted out soon, they're going to be at a real disadvantage come the start of the season. They have a decent-ish squad, but they will definitely need better players if they're going to make the leap to the next level. It really would be such a shame to see them miss out on the top players...

They still haven't signed any players though. Already most teams in that division are signing players that have been released by higher division clubs. If this takeover isn't sorted out soon, they're going to be at a real disadvantage come the start of the season. They have a decent-ish squad, but they will definitely need better players if they're going to make the leap to the next level. It really would be such a shame to see them miss out on the top players...

They had 16 contracted players on 11th May: http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/pompey-release-calvin-davies-following-end-of-his-contract-3713847.aspx

Since then they've re-signed Jack Whatmough (he's on the right at the start of this video)

[video=youtube;-QRlyvmRHys]

plus Ben Close, Gareth Evans and Kyle Bennett, none of whom I have the remotest idea about.

They've lost Doyle the captain to Coventry, and Enda Stevens the players' player of the season to Sheff Utd.

Looks like they're going to be starting with 20 of last season's squad, which is fine, the last team to go up as Champions with under 90 points just finished bottom of League One.

There seems to be another Portsmyth going round on social media

DBghUEAXYAAtVnW.jpg

I can't find anywhere which confirms that this was actually said by Paisley. If anyone wants to prove me wrong than go ahead.

Nevertheless, the lengths the skates go to for self-gratification is astonishing. One perhaps could say embarrassing.

There seems to be another Portsmyth going round on social media

DBghUEAXYAAtVnW.jpg

I can't find anywhere which confirms that this was actually said by Paisley. If anyone wants to prove me wrong than go ahead.

Nevertheless, the lengths the skates go to for self-gratification is astonishing. One perhaps could say embarrassing.

Can't find anything anywhere on that and I spent a while searching whilst bored at work. ****ing melts.

Has the hero-villain-ometer recovered from the bashing it took with Cook?

It's going to need a bloody good service before Jackett is plugged into it - the thing has been running in the red zone for a year.

With US funding it might be a good time to update the Passionometer too, that has been getting heavy use since they got into the top three.

I realise infrastructure is something that only happens elsewhere, but this new guy really needs to look at those two key pillars of his theme park Fatpipes World - stadiums through the ages, a living museum.

And if he thinks it's a sleeping beauty, he's in for a shock.

Whether it's true or not, I'm struggling to see how a quote about a previous iteration of the skates regarding playing at anfield 37 years ago is in any way relevant to..... well.... anything really.

No way he said that, scousers are a sensitive lot and also bang on about their 'atmosphere'...

word on the wire down are end of the ally saying Katrina being investigated by zee German police for tax evasion:blush:

Surly not, that sort of thing only appens down our end A guv,

No, it's her dad. Remember, the Wehrmacht Oberleutnant?

Would that be the same Germans who investigated Bernie Ecclestone for tax evasion? The same tax evasion that when he was banged to rights and was certainly going to be found guilty when they went to court, they let him pay a fine and it all disappeared?

If it is the same, then I'm sure she's got nothing to worry about that her bank account can't handle ;)

Would that be the same Germans who investigated Bernie Ecclestone for tax evasion? The same tax evasion that when he was banged to rights and was certainly going to be found guilty when they went to court, they let him pay a fine and it all disappeared?

It was a bribery case not tax evasion, he did have to pay a fine to the Germans of $100 million to not have to spend 10 years in a German prison. I don't think KL would be too keen if see was asked to pay a similar fine.

that's no big deal mush! it's only a walk over the hill Mary f****n Poppins dunit with a clutch of kid's, :D

I think your age is confusing your child hood films - it was Maria von Trapp who took a clutch of kids over the hill; and Mary f****n Poppins went over the roof tops (step in time) with **** van Dyke ( no relation)

I think your age is confusing your child hood films - it was Maria von Trapp who took a clutch of kids over the hill; and Mary f****n Poppins went over the roof tops (step in time) with **** van Dyke ( no relation)
Lol

It was also filmed in Austria not Switzerland but hey....

Nicky boy, av a word with the silly pony fiddling ****, we all know it was the singing f***in nun, same actress, J Andrews, and whatever move she is in she's know as Mary f***in Poppins, :mcinnes:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})