Page 2226 of 2261 FirstFirst ... 12261726212621762216222422252226222722282236 ... LastLast
Results 111,251 to 111,300 of 113006

Thread: Pompey Takeover Saga

From Kent Online

So Kenny Jackett accepts the criticism from Drew Talbot that training mainly consists of tactics and set pieces with the players having to sort their own fitness training out.

From what I recall of the major training ground investment projects when they were proudly announced, personal fitness appears to be based mainly around ping-pong.

So is it true Gao has leveraged £210m worth of debt to buy you and expects premiership income to repay it?

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    From what I recall of the major training ground investment projects when they were proudly announced, personal fitness appears to be based mainly around ping-pong.

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    So is it true Gao has leveraged £210m worth of debt to buy you and expects premiership income to repay it?
    Amazing how so many Pompey fans are that out of touch with top flight football they haven't realised it hasn't been called the Premiership since 2007! 11 years ago!

As for your question... well you made the claim so the burden of proof is on you to provide the evidence! I have a feeling you are jumping to the conclusion you want with little in the way of conclusive evidence.
    Last edited by Matthew Le God; 23-03-2018 at 08:37 PM.

We don't know. Maybe.

Either way, and irrespective of this, I don't plan to buy another season ticket unless he reassures me of his intentions and credentials.

And if we start ****ing other people's (charities, schools, small businesses, other football clubs, tax authorities etc.) money away on players to achieve some sort of success (which doesn't look likely), I won't be celebrating and I will expect the club to suffer what punishments come its way.

Put simply, we don't know. No one does.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Amazing how so many Pompey fans are that out of touch with top flight football they haven't realised it hasn't been called the Premiership since 2007! 11 years ago!

As for your question... well you made the claim so the burden of proof is on you to provide the evidence! I have a feeling you are jumping to the conclusion you want with little in the way of conclusive evidence.
    In all fairness, that wouldn't be out of place on this thread now would it

10. Default

Good question.

As a fan base we're currently trying to work this out, as opposed to sticking our collective fingers in our ears and shouting "la la la la la" in the style of the fans of the previous football club that played at Fratton Park prior to 2012.

Meanwhile, we're attempting to win the FA Cup on merit rather than cheating our way to victory.

Thanks for asking though.

Skates v Oxford on at 4pm live on Sky if anyone fancies a laugh.

Well well well, Avram Grant is in the stands... I wonder what he's got planned for afterwards?

Bloody Oxford, missed a penalty, then the penalty taker got sent off for slapping a skate in the face.

Oxford were good until that stupid sending off

I've just seen it. Via a link on an Italian newspaper's website when I spotted a Pompey badge on the still! Shame it wasn't the other way..

It's the return of the once-hero-now-a-villain Paul Cook to Fortress Fatpipes, live on Sky, let's hope Wigan put up a better fight than Oxford did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    It's the return of the once-hero-now-a-villain Paul Cook to Fortress Fatpipes, live on Sky, let's hope Wigan put up a better fight than Oxford did.
    Suspect we will put up more of a fight against Wigwam than you did against West Ham

We don't expect to win and we won't make playoffs so abit of a non descript game to be honest.

Suspect we will put up more of a fight against Wigwam than you did against West Ham

We don't expect to win and we won't make playoffs so abit of a non descript game to be honest.
    That bol locks as well you know, you and the most of the deluded few think you are a massive club and should walk the division..

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    That bol locks as well you know, you and the most of the deluded few think you are a massive club and should walk the division..
    f****n to true, but expect wigwam to tear us another arsehole,

So Mack, are you down Fratton or down the pub? Frankly watching both our teams live at the moment is a bit of a penance..

Had to work so its a throw abuse at the TV day today,

"You dirty scummers, we're coming for you"

You have to admire their optimism/delusion

22. Default

So apparently they are singing " we're coming for you" at us on TV, such is their excitement at our impending relegation - just the small matter of getting promotion from L1 lol.

They're on the up....

They have a very good chance of going up. We have a very good chance of going down. Not sure itís delusion, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    They have a very good chance of going up. We have a very good chance of going down. Not sure it’s delusion, to be fair.
    They're not going up this season. Next season, maybe.

26. Default

lol. Amazing how you are the Invisible man until things are going ok. Is it the water down there

Come on Grigg, get another.

Ex Belgium, now IoW (I think it's still part of Europe, though!)

I watched their matches v Oxford and Wigan and they were very jammy in both !
    The big decisions went their way and without those they would not have won as they were basically outplayed by both opponents !
    I'd be surprised if they keep this run going but if they do go up they'll need to strengthen big time and right now I'd be happy to play them, even with our crap team as it is now !

They have a very good chance of going up. We have a very good chance of going down. Not sure it’s delusion, to be fair.
    To hear the chant on TV hurt a little too.. I saw the CWT Drum but the CWTB was nowhere to be seen. He normally manages to get a shot of himself sometimes.

still hanging on in there, my pony fiddling friends,

31. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mack rill View Post
    still hanging on in there, my pony fiddling friends,
    You still are. If only your clubs life support machine had not been turned off in court like it should have done.

straws for sale, any colour you like there all blue,

Blog Entries

Strange, they weren't singing that at Oldham when we went to watch it the day before Wigan v Saints in the QF... eventful day that, ref took the teams off in the snow and the Oldham fans were chanting "OFF OFF OFF" as they were 2 down at the time. Still, we had a laugh with the weather being as mental as it was... away fans in the background here...

In case anyone's wondering it was ground 86 for me and we weren't doing anything on the Saturday.
    Last edited by The9; 11-04-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Blog Entries

They have a very good chance of going up. We have a very good chance of going down. Not sure itís delusion, to be fair.
    They have about a 1/7 chance of going up as it stands at the moment. About 50/50 on making the playoffs and a slightly less than 1/4 chance of winning them if they do.

Having left work about 4 years ago I havn't had much time to check in....
    Nice to see the old thread still going strong ;-)

Fond memories of HMRC court cases and 'arry in the dock. The fiasco of the car park attendants pay packet. Charity payments being swallowed in to the PFC debts and shop closures. Penny Mordant begging the tax payer to throw tax payers money in the bottomless hole...

They never believed that it would take most of a decade to return...

36. Default

I notice they have 2 of their nearest rivals at home in the run in

Micah Hall on twitter claiming we have 25,000 unsold tickets for Wembley!!

They just canít help themselves and create another Portsmyth

Calling the simple folk, ill-informed and easily-led!
    Rise from your six-year hibernation my lovelies, take Nan's bacon scissors to your fringe and brush your tooth, because there are fresh portsmyths being written right now by Disney's finest and we need you to open wide and gulp down all the made-up drivel you're spoon-fed.
    And remember, just like the olden days of the previous football club that closed, once a myth is repeated in a pub, it's then an official fact.
    #dockstrike
    #tankcommander
    #freeticketsforimmigrants

39. Default

Micah Hall on twitter claiming we have 25,000 unsold tickets for Wembley!!

They just can’t help themselves and create another Portsmyth
    they've got 35000 unsold tickets for the semi final

They seem to forget their tickets were still on general sales the day before their 2010 semi final and were £50 cheaper than ours.
    I actually dont think we'll sell out our allocation which seems odd considering we took 52k to Wembley a few years ago. Maybe some of our more frugal fans are saving it for the final we wont reach.

at least them ****ing it up at Bradford gives me a faint smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    at least them ****ing it up at Bradford gives me a faint smile.
    Bit of a win/win really. They stay down, hilarious. They go up, they're apparently totally unprepared and would get smashed every week.

To quote @JDaviesUpNorth, they'll "take the league by storm next season".

They should really, they're in a decent position to certainly aim for the top two. Won't be easy though, League 1 is always competitive. They've done well to be in with a sniff of the playoffs. A couple of decent signings and they'll be up there. Whether they can push on for the Premier League after is a different matter, not sure they have the infrastructure off the field to compete at the higher levels, they have a lot of catching up to do in that regard. Let's see how patient Eisner is willing to be.

Crushing home defeat today. Such a shame. Which means their playoff hopes are now about as slim as our survival's.

Brilliant result for them today. Remember, they don't want to get promoted so well played to them.

They'll do anything to dodge a derby.

But... but... those very nice gentleman at the Fratton Park were singing how they were coming for us 'dirty scummers'... what went wrong?

Biggest bottlers you've ever ****ing seen.

Useless ****s.

49. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Biggest bottlers you've ever ****ing seen.

Useless ****s.
    This thread is about Pompey not Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    They'll do anything to dodge a derby.
    not as good as your cup Dodging feats,