Page 2183 of 2222 FirstFirst ... 11831683208321332173218121822183218421852193 ... LastLast
Results 109,101 to 109,150 of 111051

Thread: Pompey Takeover Saga

Fair play to Cook - he just apologised for the fans' behaviour and said they let themselves down against Luton.
    It'll be interesting to see how those words stack up once they've been translated for the easily led.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/fo...tion-1-7757576

The comments section on the News section is interesting... (excuse the spelling and grammar errors)

Speak for yourself cook for God sake he only got a broken leg pansys
    Of course I wish him well but if it happened again I'd react the same to a cheat on the opposite team.
    PC doesn't speak for the Pompey fans. If there were any lines crossed it was by Nathan Jones with his comments on the national TV and press. I don't see anything from him! The fans do not speak for the board or management of PFC but Jones was speaking as a senior member of Luton Town FC.... very unprofessional and he is bringing the game into disrepute. Our board should be demanding an apology. Mr Cook STFU!
    I think unfortunately for him McGeehan is a victim of pretty much all previous league 2 teams coming to Fratton Park with the clear aim of time wasting, slowing down the game, quieting the crowd etc - I for one am sick to death of it
    Paul Cook has developed an annoying habit of criticising our fantastic supporters, who were here long before him and will be around long after he's disappeared up the road (hopefully soon). He does not have the right to apologise on behalf of supporters. He should concentrate on the job he was hired to do and leave it at that.
    This is just Cook sticking the boot in on his own needlessly. He needs to stop talking to the press because at the moment he's putting his foot in it every time.
    He can stick his apologies, the idiot got himself injured by attempting to injure our players. The fool got what he deserved.
    How DARE he apologise on my behalf. Paul Cook you DO NOT speak for me. I stand by my reaction on saturday, & feel personally violated & insulted by Paul Cooks comments.

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    O'Hara is one of the little creamy-chinned heroes that milked the crippled old cow dry.
    He and his mates sucked so hard on the pompey udders that the team got all bloaty and relegated, while the dried up cow still stumbles around the 4th tier trying to dodge the bolt gun.

A+ for analogical content!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/fo...tion-1-7757576

The comments section on the News section is interesting... (excuse the spelling and grammar errors)
    Trully wonderful people down there.... and example to all supporters

Let's hope they don't show themselves up in front of the entire nation live on Sky tomorrow night.

6. Default

If it is called off assume that leads to dent in their finances?

Lol

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

1-0 down in their big cup final

9. Default

Doesn't look a sell out

1-1 😞

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Donnie back in front!

And there's the third!

3-1 down now. Long way to go and lose.

Daniel Strophair ‏@DStrophair 2m2 minutes ago
    #Pompey sorry pompey.that's a long way of being acceptable.... As part club owner I demand change

All over , Donny win 3-1 but still joint top the league.

16. Default

Daniel Strophair ‏@DStrophair 2m2 minutes ago
    #Pompey sorry pompey.that's a long way of being acceptable.... As part club owner I demand change

"owner"

Timeless humour

Booger. Wish I'd watched it.

On twitter, many of the Pompey fans in their bios proudly declare that they are 'shareholders' of the club

19. Default

I wonder if they were given a picture of a train as a momento of their visit to Doncaster.

If so it'll probably be on ebay tomorrow raising money for the club funds.

Why do they keep calling each home game a sellout or a packed house?
    They have 3,000 empty seats - unless the council has closed a section of the ground and pompey have forgotten to tell anyone?
    Or they are telling fibs again...

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    "owner"

Timeless humour
    Bless 'em.

signed Hatch ( now proud part owner of Great Ormond Street Hospital and UNICEF )

Blog Entries

As a part owner of the club in equal degree to all the other more deluded of the other part owners. I demand the Poopey team post pics on facebook of themselves doing the dirty with piscine partners.

Three days without a post on this thread... I need my fix. Rallyboy, Pamplemousse, come on there must be something new down there to laugh at?

I just keep wondering why they don't manage to make their huge crowd advantage, count financially down in that division. I see Hereford with average crowds of between 3,500 and on occasions over 4,500 are blowing away all competition in the ninth and eighth tiers of English football. It must take a special ineptitude with that advantage to remain rooted in the fourth tier of English football.

It takes many years of practice.

Sorry Sue....it's all gone a bit dull since season ticket money was used to pay for their hero manager to **** prossies behind a skip in an industrial estate as he masterminded their relegation.
    That was the kind of thing that went on a weekly basis, and we just became used to it.
    Are they still trading?

Yep.

And they have "championship" standard floodlights. Who the feck is laughing now?

A fan posted this on Twitter. 20 years go when they were redeveloping the stadium

"The stadium will rival other football grounds in the country"

A fan posted this on Twitter. 20 years go when they were redeveloping the stadium

"The stadium will rival other football grounds in the country"

[much hilarity ensues]

Thanks. I knew you guys would come good. <extra wide grin>

Just scrolled through twitter to see if I could find anything else amusing.

A fake account managed to troll Pompey fans by thinking they had sold their star player Chaplin

A fan was tweeting Crouch, begging him to move back to Pompey to end his career there.

And a couple of others were moaning that they hadn't won the FIFA award for best fans.

Just scrolled through twitter to see if I could find anything else amusing.
    !
    !
    And a couple of others were moaning that they hadn't won the FIFA award for best fans.
    Yeah we all know the bestest would never, for example, boo a young opposition player who'd broken their leg
    Last edited by Waterside.saint; 10-01-2017 at 05:36 AM.

There are two things that will always raise a smile on a dull day, one is the original statue of Ted - the other is a big pink wardrobe in a swimsuit going off the top board with the grace of a wheelbarrow of rubble, gliding like a concrete slab, and emptying a swimming pool.

34. Default

Oh, go on then.... for old time's sake...

You'vegot that on an F key, haven't you. :-))

Thanks Sue for prodding us awake from a 3 day slumber. That must be a new record, and quite frankly unacceptable. It won't happen again.

That's ok, I'm having a pre-match pint and feeling mellow, but don't let it happen again.. Mind you, they never disappoint, so there's bound to be something turning up (or over) soon.

Portsmouth FCVerified account ‏@officialpompey 59m59 minutes ago
    #Pompey have a vacancy for a matchday accessible refreshments assistant: http://bit.ly/PorVacJan17

Liam Lawrence not available...?

Some more potential lols - Paul Cook's the favourite to take over as the next Chesterfield manager

It'd be tough to deny him a move up a division

You couldn't deny a bloke the opportunity to move to a bigger club, could you?

Portsmouth FCVerified account ‏@officialpompey 59m59 minutes ago
    #Pompey have a vacancy for a matchday accessible refreshments assistant: http://bit.ly/PorVacJan17
    Champagne Ians last personal butler must have left the role then...

Some more potential lols - Paul Cook's the favourite to take over as the next Chesterfield manager

Hopefully they do. They hate him down there and he seems to be unable to get the squad with the largest budget (I would imagine, I haven't checked if this is factual) out of the worst division in the FL.

Also, why would he want to leave?!? They're sleeping giants and with that fanbase, I can't imagine anyone wanting to leave... Perhaps it's the pressure of expectation he can't handle

The League Two's sleepiest minnows must be doing something right if bigger clubs like Chesterfield are trying to poach their manager.

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    The League Two's sleepiest minnows must be doing something right if bigger clubs like Chesterfield are trying to poach their manager.
    Have you not considered the possibility of Cook sending his cv to every club in the land with a letter begging to be put out of his misery?

New Pompey focus on achieving success through an intensified focus on what can be achieved by breathing not brick carrying:

‘This is a time for focus and what can be achieved. ‘It’s time to focus on what can be achieved – and it’s down to me to achieve it.’ Cook now wants his players to intensify their focus on what is required to hit their target over the second half of the season.
    Cook added: ‘Portsmouth Football Club is the story. ‘But these lads now must be allowed to breathe and deliver what they’re here for. ‘The pressure at this club gets cranked up by the day. The pressure is around to get promoted. ‘If we speak about it every day, every disappointment is going to be another brick to carry.

Didn't he join them from Chesterfield in the first place, at great expense?

No, he joined them for the love of it, and that went for the backroom staff and players as well.
    Many took pay cuts - none of them grabbed at the longest contracts in League Two on inflated wages through greed.
    It's all about the honour of playing in front of the nearly sold-out, nearly fan-owned, fat-free faithful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    New Pompey focus on achieving success through an intensified focus on what can be achieved by breathing not brick carrying:
    I cannot imagine the self styled owners of the club relaxing one bit, their passion will be brimming to the top as they back the players 110% in their usual high standards of support

Hod carriers around the region can stand easy.

50. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrant View Post
    Didn't he join them from Chesterfield in the first place, at great expense?
    that's what i thought. He is Chesterfields Harry Redknapp