Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

My local team, go to watch them a fair bit. Good side, play good football and after a patchy start have hit good from. Plus it’ll be on a plastic pitch, Town don’t lose many at home. They will give them a game for certain.

Small world. I used to go and watch them every now and then with my Grandad when I visited. Sadly he passed last year, so I doubt I will ever make the trip up to Harrogate again or watch them. I continue to check their results though. They've won the last four or five I think? Will you go and cheer them on against the saktes? Lovely part of the world.

Possibly. They may have given up with actual paid journalists and just publish articles sent in by the public. Not a great deal of difference in quality between this and the garbage Allen et al produce so hard to say.

Small world. I used to go and watch them every now and then with my Grandad when I visited. Sadly he passed last year, so I doubt I will ever make the trip up to Harrogate again or watch them. I continue to check their results though. They've won the last four or five I think? Will you go and cheer them on against the saktes? Lovely part of the world.

Yeah I’ll be there Do for every game probably one in three over the season, it’s just been announced for the Monday night live on BT. They’ve got aldershot tomorrow and are unbeaten in the last 8 after a tricky start.

They’ve redeveloped the ground a fair since you’re last visit id image, 4G pitch, more seats and terracing to take the capacity up to 4,000.

I really enjoy it there, pay on the gate, terracing, get a beer at half time and stand where you want in the ground. Like how it used to be.

cant understand the mainboard, you are privileged to witness a 9 goal thriller and you're gutted!!:smug:
In recognition of how much Pompey fans love banging on about the historic results of the previous football club(s) to have been resident at Fratton Park, have this one on us fo(u)r nothing... [emoji23]

e997836ec24172b3b1ceb67b121ca48a.jpg

Edited by trousers

Pompey are set to unveil their "vision" for Fratton Park. Staggeringly this seems to involve having some actual work done on one of the stands.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-chief-mark-catlin-we-re-on-the-verge-of-unveiling-our-fratton-park-vision-1-9124969

One of the comments on FB seems to think they’re going to expand it to 33k. They literally HATE having a smaller ground than us. Really grates on them [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pompey are set to unveil their "vision" for Fratton Park. Staggeringly this seems to involve having some actual work done on one of the stands.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-chief-mark-catlin-we-re-on-the-verge-of-unveiling-our-fratton-park-vision-1-9124969

Factless Allen is still plying his trade at a tinpot local rag? You'd have thought someone as talented as him in his field would have been snapped up by one of the nationals by now. Truly baffling.

I wonder if they need to buy all 35 houses on Alverstone Road that back onto the Milton end for this 15,000 seater stand (or is that the new North Stand?)? If they have bought all of those sold since Disney took over, they will have 6 to date. At this rate just the ten years to get them all - unless a Southampton property owner sticks a spanner in the works and gazumps them. Or are they buying the industrial units on Rodney Road?

I went to the game as I live in Harrogate. I thought Pompey were sh8t. Two very good goals but other then that offered little and were lucky to narrowly win. They had about 600 up there which to be fair is a good effort for a game 280 miles away against a non league club which is on telly but they were very quiet, one or two PUPs but that was it, very poor support.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})