Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I think having a thread this long unfortunately means that we are as infactuated with them as they are with us. Close the thread ffs.

It's 9 years old and only has 111,417 posts, which part of that sounds infatuated?

I think having a thread this long unfortunately means that we are as infactuated with them as they are with us. Close the thread ffs.

Probably the stupidest thing i have ever read. Just ignore it pal.

This thread is like Jupiter. Any discussion about that rabble usually ends up in here and avoids polluting the main board. Look on a Pompey forum and sometimes half the threads there are about us, but that just doesn't happen here.

Just had a look on true blue army.

From being gutted we survived, to happy they are not going up, to scummers run away.... They appear to be a simple

Bunch

However, they still harp on about building a new ground or improving and expanding fratton..... I mean, a mid table league 1 side arguing for a 30k modern stadium.

Weird bunch

Just had a look on true blue army.

From being gutted we survived, to happy they are not going up, to scummers run away.... They appear to be a simple

Bunch

However, they still harp on about building a new ground or improving and expanding fratton..... I mean, a mid table league 1 side arguing for a 30k modern stadium.

Weird bunch

They are obsessed with having a bigger ground than us, even though they have fewer fans.

Oh stop being a spoilsport. This thread is golden and should be bound with a hardback leather cover and available to buy.

You guys need to let this go.

There is nothing remotely funny about us dodging a relegation that was nailed on for nine months and ruining their party that they sang about for ninety minutes every week.

Nor is it comical that they dodged a play-off place when their goalkeeper's attempt to replicate Boufal's goal against West Brom ended abruptly in his own six yard box against the Bury youth team.

However crap the season is, it's always nice to see someone worse off.

But there's nothing to see here, so move along.

Laughing at therm for having utterly ****e team / ground / management / owners is not a wasted life. I still wish they were better than they are though. It would be good to play a reasonably close game once in a while. Its become less a rivalry and more like mocking the disabled. It makes me a little uncomfortable.

Laughing at therm for having utterly ****e team / ground / management / owners is not a wasted life. I still wish they were better than they are though. It would be good to play a reasonably close game once in a while. Its become less a rivalry and more like mocking the disabled. It makes me a little uncomfortable.

I just want to play them ffs. I must admit though, it was quite a nice feeling to beat Bournemouth, considering how much they dislike us. But it's just not the same.

They will be seeded for the Carabao Cup First round, so they have a decent chance of progressing to the second round, where we will be a seeded team and they will be an unseeded team.

I suppose everyone will be tuned in to Radio Solent this week as they are doing a 10 year reflection on Pompey's FA Cup win.

All down hill from there though!!

Ah yes, the FA Cup they bought with players they couldn't afford.

And they wonder why it all went downhill from there.

No doubt, Solent will be reflecting on the immorality of the FA Cup win, and how it has banished them to he nether world of football.

I heard a snatch of a radio interview with 'Arry somewhere this morning, maintaining he is ready to return to management.

Saggychops said; "I fink I could do a job for somebody, somewhere. I'd like to build a new team, see where I could take it."

See where you could take it? How about to bankruptcy.

For some reason my skate "friends" all seemed rather disappointed on Sunday. Got one "friend" with a Sky sports account who when I texted him on Sunday afternoon was apparently out walking his dog on Porchester beach, rather than watching football on tv like he usually does.......

It would be really quite funny if afterall the Marriott hotel incident was done by a Pompey fan rather than a Swansea fan.

Marriott seem very quiet about all of this.I would have thought they would have made a statement as it is national media

It would be really quite funny if afterall the Marriott hotel incident was done by a Pompey fan rather than a Swansea fan.

Marriott seem very quiet about all of this.I would have thought they would have made a statement as it is national media

They made a statement on the day. It was actually quite reasonable.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-southampton-premier-league-14630043

Has the internet crashed in Pompey as it seems Mack and co's congratulations have failed to arrived

your right Nick, childish of me not to not to man up and say well done for avoiding the drop.:blush: ffs after all the gloating just knew you would wriggle out of it:cry: scum Billy, you pony fiddling f**k, this thread is all that some of us have to look forward to at the mo,

your right Nick, childish of me not to not to man up and say well done for avoiding the drop.:blush: ffs after all the gloating just knew you would wriggle out of it:cry: scum Billy, you pony fiddling f**k, this thread is all that some of us have to look forward to at the mo,

Ha Ha.......Good to seen you posting again Mackers - Any chance of a left field administration or Colden common incident from the new guys down there?

you're having trouble disguising your delight on our surviving Mack. I promise I didn't laugh at the Bury goal, I felt a bit sorry for the keeper, until I saw him throw his arms arms up and seemingly trying to blame someone else. I watched the S****horpe and Rotherham play off semi final 2nd leg ( you have to finish in the top 6 to get into those BTW) and thought the quality was pretty good and the football played was tidy and skilful.Do your lot play that quality? if not you are going to have trouble finishing high in the league next season. God knows how Sunderland will cope

They are obsessed with having a bigger ground than us, even though they have fewer fans.

Don't worry, they won't be making the same mistakes with their stadium as some of the biggest clubs in Europe, and their due diligence takes in more than just how the other guys serve beer. It's all because everyone in football really loves them, so all the other clubs are happy to share their secrets.

True story

Don't worry, they won't be making the same mistakes with their stadium as some of the biggest clubs in Europe, and their due diligence takes in more than just how the other guys serve beer. It's all because everyone in football really loves them, so all the other clubs are happy to share their secrets.

True story

This bit made me chortle

“‘Even recognising they are creating a better competitor for themselves, they love what we have here. So they open the door and don’t just show you this is how we serve beer, but this is the system we have in place in our basement.

Read more at: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/the-stadium-mission-consuming-pompey-owners-1-8496038

#deluded !

Is that the Palazzo Parigi Hotel & Grand Spa Milano?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_Dockland_Stadium

"Portsmouth is moving into a new dawn with the backing of owner Alexandre Gaydamak and these are very exciting times for the club both on and off the field. The new stadium, along with plans for the club's new training ground at Titchfield, is proof of where we want Pompey to be - playing at the highest level and in a stadium that is reflective of a top Premiership side."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_Dockland_Stadium

"Portsmouth is moving into a new dawn with the backing of owner Alexandre Gaydamak and these are very exciting times for the club both on and off the field. The new stadium, along with plans for the club's new training ground at Titchfield, is proof of where we want Pompey to be - playing at the highest level and in a stadium that is reflective of a top Premiership side."

As you're very new to this forum, I'd suggest starting on page one of this thread and report back with any queries once you've got to the end.

He added: ‘It’s a testament to the management team and history of this club that everyone opens their doors to us.

FFS. They just can't help it with the nauseating nonsense. I'm sure the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd really consider themselves privileged to be in the company of such elite :mcinnes:

We need a smiley created for Eisner.

michael_eisner_disney_celador.jpg

I'm sure someone can find something better, that's just one of the first things that came up.

The News website is AWFUL, I kept trying to see the comments and it just kept loading more articles to read, over and over again (although this one came up which is fairly amusing... https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/anger-as-caravan-encampment-mars-portsmouth-beauty-spot-1-8507868 )

Anyway, I did make it to the comments section, and surprise surprise, the deludedest are out in force

The atmosphere generated by the Pompey crowd will be transferred to the new ground just like it was transferred to places like Wembley, Old Trafford

:lol:

To top it off a nice bright stadium will be visible to traffic coming in to Portsmouth from the motorway giving the whole area an affluent look.

Hahahhaaa

Horsea Island - spend big, build a well designed 44k stadium that will be a leading venue on the south coast - attract more fans - more revenue etc - Think juventues stadium but with a kop end now thats very tempting.

I have no words for how deluded this comment is. Sums up everything wrong with them.

Nothing can change the fact that there is not enough room to convert Fratton Park into a modern football stadium, incorporating all the thinks a modern stadium requires, corporate facilities, adequate car parking, retail, eating and drinking places, in other words a retail park. And last of all a 40,000 capacity.

Lol not asking for much, Portsmouth is of course well known for having loads of greenfield and brownfield sites available...

Fratton Park will be very costly to improve to a suitable capacity (35000)

There we go again, desperate for an unnecessary bigger stadium :lol:

One of Pompey FC's greatest assets is the stadium, old-fashioned and aging it may be, but when full, with the crowd in full voice, there are few more passionate or intimidating grounds for opposition teams to play in...ask AC Milan, or Man Utd or Arsenal

Yeh...

Whilst I love watching football at Fratton Park, I also cannot see how the City could cope with gates in excess of 30,000 on a regular basis.

Don't worry, I don't think that will ever be a problem for them...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})