Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I know we all joke about how wonderful it would be for the inbreds to be a distant memory but to be honest, when the chips are down, I can't feel enthusiastic about the skates future being in doubt. Ok, so we are now safe and our future looks good, but south coast football wouldn't be the same with out 'them down the road'.

I do, however, strongly believe that we should (and now will) regain our rightful position in the Premiership whilst pompey should (and will) get back in their place, all the while doffing their caps to the superiours... but after the agony of the last few weeks and sleepless nights fretting about SFC being wound up, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Up the Saints

(and I hope pompey get their act together too)

My status: YEAH SKATE TAKEOVER COLLAPSED! LMAO!!!111ONE!! NICE

Shaun Hale at 20:13 on 08 July

laugh all you like, you're still **** Philip Drain at 20:24 on 08 July

But at least we know we are. Shaun Hale at 20:24 on 08 July

dont be silly Phil - you won't even make the play offs with a 10 point deduction. League 1 survival will be a good season for you after losing but your best players. Philip Drain at 20:37 on 08 July

You're obviously worried the Fishy few will collapse, and that yor kids will grow up supporting the multi billionaire Saints. FACT. Philip Drain at 20:40 on 08 July

Carlsberg don't do takeover days, but if they did.......

Having moved to Italy from a PO postcode I've had a bit of winding up from friends (not much as the Blue are indeed Few) so I'll allow myself a s******. Like Trousers et al. I wouldn't want them to fold though. Having a few local derbies as we pass in opposite directions would be nice.. let's at least have the rivalry on the pitch.

From the Poopy forum thread

Post subject: Re: Stripeys have new ownersPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Milan Mandaric

how come that was quick and not drawn out like ours ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Morons.

They do.

It called PompeyChimes http://thepompeychimes.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

There A bit of P*mpey lovin on this thread http://thepompeychimes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47874

Nothing about the collapse on there.

Its just any bad news regarding saints is on this site right away, they must have some ITK on there site's. Must be a wind up! Not sure

Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

Perhaps today (July 8th) should now be made a public holiday in Hants.

Sh*t day all round then. :p

Out of interest, does anyone know know how long our friends from the dark side have been training at Stoneham Lane?

I wonder if the change of air this side of the county may have coincided with their recent better fortunes.

I reckon it must be 5 years or so since they moved into the hallowed ground of Southampton University

Quote of the day from pompeyfansonline.net

"Oh dear...seems like the people behind the new bloke pulled out and the new man was told told that if HE didn't buy it then it was all over for scum.....As he didn't want to lose face and have that on his hands he agreed...Basically he doesn't want it and has a dud on his hands...FAF..."

Without a doubt the most retarded post I think I've ever seen... ever!

Quote of the day from pompeyfansonline.net

"Oh dear...seems like the people behind the new bloke pulled out and the new man was told told that if HE didn't buy it then it was all over for scum.....As he didn't want to lose face and have that on his hands he agreed...Basically he doesn't want it and has a dud on his hands...FAF..."

Without a doubt the most retarded post I think I've ever seen... ever!

LMFAO. Total window licker!!

Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

Perhaps today (July 8th) should now be made a public holiday in Hants.

I have to say Fitzhugh you are a class act, I have never read a bad post from you yet; and should you be right again, their will be a lot of skates wishing they had not extracted urine from us these last 4 years.

And just to put the sugar on the icing on the cake... Rupert is gone!! For the first time in over a decade we can categorically say he wont be back. He owns no shares. The club is owned by a single wealthy benefactor. There is officially no chance of him coming over the hills in a white horse (or lame ass) with an army of local businessmen to bring Total f**king Football back to Southampton.

arf arf, post of the day ( almost ) :D

although not saints related i thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in p*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can i indulge myself just a little?

Perhaps today (july 8th) should now be made a public holiday in hants.

lol!!!!!!!!!!

Today is my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:d:d:d

Oh this is hysterical news. I'm on it chaps! tomorrow me, TSW & MJ will launch our bid to take them over

How much fun are we gonna have driving them fooks into the ground. Oh happy day

Oh and I'll end every post with this tonight, just to p*ss off Erik - Keane were fanbl**dytanstic

Great way to celebrate!

Apparently the deal completely fell through when the prospective new owner visited Portsmouth. Gaydamak was hoping to keep him away until after the deal had been completed.

Gaydamak probably introduced him to their number one fan, Mr Westwood.;)

Westwood probably jumped the gun and had the new owner's name tattooed on his bum, so he'll have to get that removed.

We have been at times 24 hours away from non league football and we choose today of all days to gloat at other bad news when it could so easily have been SFC. Let enjoy are unbelievable news and hope the old enemy down the road find themselves a worthy owner so one day soon we can lock horns on the field of football and not gloat on message boards.

There has been some rare genuine good will with our predicament from our Skate friends.

Lets show some class and enjoy are day.

Agree with your sentiments entirely.

:smt039just got back from the pub its all the buzz round here the faces on on the two skates if only had a camera--- ohh -- pay back time.

Now which of the Fair Oak skates might they be my old mate?

Dougie Goodenough?

Phil Spice?

Or that plastic, the taxi driver one? Terry what's his name?

A good night to be under the table in the George!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})