Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Hey Mack are you a tortoise? as you have only now come out of hyburnation

haven't had a lot to crow about lately. Things are looking up on the main board tho if the season carrys on in the same vain for any length of time, can see the SO postcode running short of incontinent pads,;)

haven't had a lot to crow about lately. Things are looking up on the main board tho if the season carrys on in the same vain for any length of time, can see the SO postcode running short of incontinent pads,;)
I never thought you were a fair weather type Mack, I thought the posters who rn away were the Corp Ho's and that new one BaffledPondlife

See you in The Championship next season
We look forward to welcoming the current football team that plays at Fratton Park into the Championship and hope that you enjoy watching your club play at the highest level in their 6 year history.

haven't had a lot to crow about lately

And you still don't, as the football status situation is currently...

Saints = 13th out of 92 clubs

vs

Pompey = 46th out of 92 clubs

mind_the_gap.jpg

Saints above Pompey in the football pyramid like they have been for the vast majority of the last 60 years!

Edited by Matthew Le God

And you still don't, as the football status situation is currently...

Saints = 13th out of 92 clubs

vs

Pompey = 46th out of 92 clubs

mind_the_gap.jpg

Saints above Pompey in the football pyramid like they have been for the vast majority of the last 60 years!

yes, but! unlike my old ladies fanny, the gap is getting smaller.;)

yes, but! unlike my old ladies fanny, the gap is getting smaller.;)

It remains a vast gap; the two clubs are light years apart in terms of infrastructure at academy level, training ground quality, stadium etc. The jump from League 2 to the top of League 1 is tiny compared to what Pompey would face on promotion to the Championship or further. If Pompey went up this season the fanbase will be in for a shock. They'd become a small fish in a Championship pond of teams with parachute payments, big stadiums/attendances than Pompey and big spending owners (not something Eisner has shown to be happening).

Blimey! a new low down there, when you think they are as low as they can get!!!!!!! They admit to having intimate views of their mothers privates..... :eek:

Calm down ..... Mack is a very rare breed of skate with a sense of humour!!

Also his 'old lady' is probably his Wife (and/or Sister etc) not mother ... so it is acceptable!!

I thought he may have been talking about Fortress Fatpipes aka The Old Girl at first.....but the cracks in the floors/ ceilings / stands etc are probaly getting bigger :scared:

Calm down ..... Mack is a very rare breed of skate with a sense of humour!!

Also his 'old lady' is probably his Wife (and/or Sister etc) not mother ... so it is acceptable!!

I thought he may have been talking about Fortress Fatpipes aka The Old Girl at first.....but the cracks in the floors/ ceilings / stands etc are probaly getting bigger :scared:

Only acceptable down there...

Nick .......you've just been rumbled!!

Your last msg was sent at 6.57 and you even know the names of ex players (Alan Biley)

YSB !! :scared::lol:

F-ing hell Eric you in charge of air control and you using the time over there!!!! It was 3-57 here lol. Well Biley contributed to probably my favourite day being a Saints fan '84 Fratton Park and the guy with Golden locks missed a sitter just before Steve Moran scored the last minute winner.

F-ing hell Eric you in charge of air control and you using the time over there!!!! It was 3-57 here lol. Well Biley contributed to probably my favourite day being a Saints fan '84 Fratton Park and the guy with Golden locks missed a sitter just before Steve Moran scored the last minute winner.

Ha Ha ...Good Points and well presented .... you are exonerated!! That Biley miss and Moran's goal a few minutes later ... Scummahs scummahs here we come .... or maybe not :lol:

Ha Ha ...Good Points and well presented .... you are exonerated!! That Biley miss and Moran's goal a few minutes later ... Scummahs scummahs here we come .... or maybe not :lol:
Yep, it was certainly an event.6000 of us enlightening them of how a proper football club does it.

US Portsmouth Vs Sholing tonight in the FA Cup preliminary round. As close to a Saints v Pompey derby as we're going to get for at least a season... At least if you don't count Eastleigh v Havant.

Probably going to watch this, only a fiver to get in. Sholing on fire so far this season with 5 wins out of 5.

Big derby win against their bitter rivals Plymouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really have created a cute little rivalry with Plymouth.

11 separate threads about them on their board. They'll be claiming a make believe dock strike soon and calling them scummahs

Edited by LGTL

Actually there was a Dock Strike in November 1976 when Portsmouth Dockers reneged on a deal not to accept ships from the fledgling Brittany Ferries service which had started in Plymouth.

The NDLB Union agreed that if Brittany Ferries moved their service out of Plymouth none of the other South Coast Ports including Weymouth, Poole, Southampton and Portsmouth would accept it.

The Dockers in the Portsmouth Commercial Port originally agreed then reneged on the deal and deputation from all the other ports, but primarily Southampton being closest, turned up in force in Pompey Docks to picket the gates.

The Pompey Dockers had to call upon Hampshire Police to 'resolve' the situation and a number of Soton Dockers were arrested trying to storm the gates.

One of those arrested was the brother of Bob Charles, who was the Saints Goalie in their Youth Club win over Man Utd in 1956.

Actually there was a Dock Strike in November 1976 when Portsmouth Dockers reneged on a deal not to accept ships from the fledgling Brittany Ferries service which had started in Plymouth.

The NDLB Union agreed that if Brittany Ferries moved their service out of Plymouth none of the other South Coast Ports including Weymouth, Poole, Southampton and Portsmouth would accept it.

The Dockers in the Portsmouth Commercial Port originally agreed then reneged on the deal and deputation from all the other ports, but primarily Southampton being closest, turned up in force in Pompey Docks to picket the gates.

The Pompey Dockers had to call upon Hampshire Police to 'resolve' the situation and a number of Soton Dockers were arrested trying to storm the gates.

One of those arrested was the brother of Bob Charles, who was the Saints Goalie in their Youth Club win over Man Utd in 1956.

So, what fictional acronym (a la Southampton Company of Union Men) can be made to describe this lot?

I'll kick off with:

Portsmouth Union of Komplete Error. (Needs work, a lot of work.)

The Tatty Timber Tabernacle has always been tatty and historic, but did you know that...

"On March 28, 1916 a 75-yard long piece of roof from the South Stand was ripped off and hit baker William Saunders’ house during a spell of extreme weather."

Some things never change, eh. Amazing. More here...

Wonder why this didn't catch on:

39 In April 1931 Pompey and Saints were brought together by the sudden death of player Bobby Kearney. They played as ‘Portshampton’ against a select side from London teams to raise money for his family.

WE seem to feature quite often in their best bits at Nottarf Krap.

Poor result though really, but sounds like they got out of jail.

Lucky for them, all of the other teams below them drew too.

I still think teams like Barnsley and Sunderland will be able to sustain their good form over a longer period, but they should finish in the play-offs.

Peterborough away next week, top of the league and seemingly unstoppable, that'll be their first real test of how good they really are.

F*ck off is that fat mess Fowler only 22 :lol:

Don't get me started on 'Tommy Russell' being 19 either. Absolute results of sha*ging your Mum, without doubt.

Come on be fair, when they kicked him when on the ground, he wasnt doing it to hurt him.

The barristers should be up in front of the judge for such nonsense.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})