Page 2253 of 2261 FirstFirst ... 1253175321532203224322512252225322542255 ... LastLast
Results 112,601 to 112,650 of 113006

Thread: Pompey Takeover Saga

I see the Championship fixtures are out today - when are we playing pompey?

Quote Originally Posted by mack rill View Post
    now we have the training facility up to scratch, might as well get the rest of the club n order,
    Do you now own the training facility at ROKO?

Quote Originally Posted by djharvey View Post
    Do you now own the training facility at ROKO?
    Nah, they just have a full timer cleaning up the dog shyte

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    I see the Championship fixtures are out today - when are we playing pompey?
    I’ve been searching for those fixtures too, without any success. Having been reliable told last December that they were going to happen. It was only this evening I realised I had been looking for those fixtures in the wrong place, the Championship!! Then I realised that of course we aren’t in the Championship and neither are Pompey....

Blog Entries

Surprised to see that their star and ever present CD Matt Clark has left for Brighton. I was told he was going to be one for the future, a premier league player.

I suppose you can see it form his point of view, he couldn't wait forever to achieve his ambition. Although it must have been hard to leave one of the 'bigger' clubs in the third division. I suppose the opportunity of Brighton, a much bigger club was to much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SW5 SAINT View Post
    I’ve been searching for those fixtures too, without any success. Having been reliable told last December that they were going to happen. It was only this evening I realised I had been looking for those fixtures in the wrong place, the Championship!! Then I realised that of course we aren’t in the Championship and neither are Pompey....
    Do keep up, they had a change of plan on the last day of the champion winners play off game and decided they didn't want to go up this year. They have the checkatrade trophy to defend.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek2003 View Post
    Surprised to see that their star and ever present CD Matt Clark has left for Brighton. I was told he was going to be one for the future, a premier league player.

I suppose you can see it form his point of view, he couldn't wait forever to achieve his ambition. Although it must have been hard to leave one of the 'bigger' clubs in the third division. I suppose the opportunity of Brighton, a much bigger club was to much.
    big hole to fill. Their stand out player whenever I have seen them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    big hole to fill. Their stand out player whenever I have seen them.
    Do you know how much he went for? Enough for a decent replacement or are they relying on promoting from within?

As we approach this threads 10 year anniversary, are there any plans to celebrate? Maybe a quick recap of what has happened in the last decade or a list of the best posts?

10 years, Jesus. I remember being online when the very first message was wrote and I’m probably one of the few to have read the original message before any replies!

Few ups and downs, but as usual, they’re ****ing miles away from us in every single department. Bless em.

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    10 years, Jesus. I remember being online when the very first message was wrote and I’m probably one of the few to have read the original message before any replies!

Few ups and downs, but as usual, they’re ****ing miles away from us in every single department. Bless em.
    Ditto

Maybe, it being the 10th anniversary, it is finally time to instigate the public holiday that FF suggested in post #1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by edprice1984 View Post
    As we approach this threads 10 year anniversary, are there any plans to celebrate? Maybe a quick recap of what has happened in the last decade or a list of the best posts?
    The Sargent Pepper Muriel hasn’t been seen for a few years - that was a beauty. Other highlights;

- The Toy salesman’s storming off this site
    - Rallyboy’s posts
    - Three relegations and one promotion from the fourth division for them (third time of trying), double promotion for SFC, top 6 PL finish, beat Inter Milan, three Wembley trips. Mane, Davis, Toby, Lambert, Lallana, VVD, Shaw, Bertrand, Fonte just a selection of the players we have enjoyed watching.
    - Seemingly as many administrations - Chinny, CSI Portsmouth
    - Guy Whittington, Andy Awful, Richie Barker, Voldemort, Cook and his post training fry ups
    - Fan ownership (if you ignore all of the HNWs)
    - Hartley’s last minute header for Plymouth
    - Winning a trophy they all said they would boycott
    - Mr Leigh Park thug assaulting Sunderland’s full back to national notoriety

Quiet decade really....

Whatever happened to Corp Ho and the stadium built by those famous people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old dear on her mobility scooter.

And the rather splendid artist's impression of the new quayside Fratton Park, unfortunately shaped like a potty and subsequently bastardised to include an infant having a plop.

Quote Originally Posted by saint1977 View Post
    The Sargent Pepper Muriel hasn’t been seen for a few years - that was a beauty. Other highlights;

- The Toy salesman’s storming off this site
    - Rallyboy’s posts
    - Three relegations and one promotion from the fourth division for them (third time of trying), double promotion for SFC, top 6 PL finish, beat Inter Milan, three Wembley trips. Mane, Davis, Toby, Lambert, Lallana, VVD, Shaw, Bertrand, Fonte just a selection of the players we have enjoyed watching.
    - Seemingly as many administrations - Chinny, CSI Portsmouth
    - Guy Whittington, Andy Awful, Richie Barker, Voldemort, Cook and his post training fry ups
    - Fan ownership (if you ignore all of the HNWs)
    - Hartley’s last minute header for Plymouth
    - Winning a trophy they all said they would boycott
    - Mr Leigh Park thug assaulting Sunderland’s full back to national notoriety

Quiet decade really....
    Unbelievable that you missed out the ping pong table!

Quote Originally Posted by ooh it's a corner View Post
    The old dear on her mobility scooter.

And the rather splendid artist's impression of the new quayside Fratton Park, unfortunately shaped like a potty and subsequently bastardised to include an infant having a plop.
    That could have happened if it weren't for the technical hitches! (they didn't own the land, didn't have the money and it wouldn't get planning permission)

Training facility in the SO Post Code and not paying rental!!

Quote Originally Posted by edprice1984 View Post
    Who could forget the table off HMS Victory consigned to the skip.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Weston Super Saint View Post
    Unbelievable that you missed out the ping pong table!
    Ah yes! And the rumpled tablecloth at the press conference. The McInnes facepalm as Oxford put four past them.

I must have lost three years of my life trapped in here.
    The ridiculous events just kept coming, every time I tried to escape they did something else illegal or hilarious.
    It was like an extended Ken Dodd show, but with more tax evasion.

And just when you think it's all calmed down, Avram Grant pops up again...I bet he can't wait for an opportunity to get into Newcastle and rebuild.
    No doubt he'll be splashing out on youngsters this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by buctootim View Post
    That could have happened if it weren't for the technical hitches! (they didn't own the land, didn't have the money and it wouldn't get planning permission)
    Did they ever pay the artist for their impression?

And the famous Tablecloth.

24. Default

Peter Storrie-Teller being chased by an angry fan through the Fatpipes car park.

"You're having a laugh mate!"

25. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doctoroncall View Post
    Do you know how much he went for? Enough for a decent replacement or are they relying on promoting from within?
    I read that it was £3.4m rising to £5m depending on I don't know what. Serious wedge for a League 1 side already flush with Mr Disneys `new toilet' money

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    I read that it was £3.4m rising to £5m depending on I don't know what. Serious wedge for a League 1 side already flush with Mr Disneys `new toilet' money
    Tbf Sunderland got £26m for selling players before last season and it didn't do them much good.

.. and don't think they had serious maintenance to do either..

Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    .. and don't think they had serious maintenance to do either..
    we got the old girl on bricks at the mo,wheels can go back on later,

29. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mack rill View Post
    we got the old girl on bricks at the mo,wheels can go back on later,
    Stevie Wonder is the mechanic, so as usual all the bits will be there but not put back in the right places, and a load of crap left at the end that you dont know where it was meant for

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post

Surely the thread should be put to print. Volume 1?

Happy 10th Anniversary Nutjobs xx

Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    Happy 10th Anniversary Nutjobs xx
    Blimey has it been that long.

Time for a Rallyboy special anybody?

He really puts the boot in well, mind you, he plays 5-a-side in a similar way! :-)

34. Default

Why do seagulls have wings?
    To beat Pompey fans to scavange the dump

'Scavenge', your spelling is worse than Mack's. Really letting the side down. :-)

36. Default

Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    'Scavenge', your spelling is worse than Mack's. Really letting the side down. :-)
    Lol, did you not see I was spelling it so that he could understand? I get a government grant to assist the stupid and misguided
    Last edited by OldNick; 10-07-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Really preparing themselves for promotion to the Championship with their gruelling pre-season tour - beating the University of Dublin team 5-0.

Full time - 11-0 to the skates

39. Default

Quote Originally Posted by igsey View Post
    Full time - 11-0 to the skates
    Gotta be worth an open top bus parade upon their return?

Horrendous preparation really.

It's better than the pre-season when they explained how they struggled because they were too fit - or that holiday where they invited all-comers to a training camp that didn't cost a penny.
    I miss those simple glory days - pedalling across Europe on stolen bicycles, living in makeshift shelters in the woods and dining on exotic rodents.
    That was a proper value-for-money pre-season, long before they followed the Barcelona model and splashed out on a Sports Direct table tennis set.

Blog Entries

Mmm. Exotic rodents. Now I feel peckish.

Exotic rodents? is that what my GF is coming across when she installs alarms and camera systems in various Southsea kebab shops and curry houses. Or maybe it's what the rodents are eating, a bit like pre-salé lamb, or those pigs that feed on acorns that gives them a special flavour?

see Redcrapp has been busy , opening a toilet in Poole!, so much for the King of the Jungle

45. Default Pompey Takeover Saga

https://twitter.com/solentsport/stat...87598429511681

#Pompey's match with Rotherham on Saturday 24th August has been postponed due to two major events in the city including Victorious Festival

#Pompey will look sympathetically at requests from Rotherham and Pompey fans who need reimbursing for pre-booked travel or accommodation.

These things are just impossible to foresee

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    https://twitter.com/solentsport/stat...87598429511681

#Pompey's match with Rotherham on Saturday 24th August has been postponed due to two major events in the city including Victorious Festival

#Pompey will look sympathetically at requests from Rotherham and Pompey fans who need reimbursing for pre-booked travel or accommodation.

These things are just impossible to foresee
    But PFC match should take priority? There are 200,00+ keen fans and the match will bring £14,926,098,237,888,888 into the local economy.

Plus, the Rotherham players, fans and staff, as well as the referee, assistant referees and all their family and friends will have been psychologically preparing for this, the biggest day in their lives, since the fixtures were released.

I worry for their long-term mental health if it is moved.

This turbo-charged MegaFixture is clearly being moved to Wembley as the trusty Fortress can no longer hold the plucky blue army in such vast numbers, and they have their own dressing room at Wembley after winning the cup which didn't count when we won it, was boycotted like a dentist for all rounds bar the final, and is now held up as akin to a pot by Jules Rimet.
    The music festival was worried that the headliners would be playing to an empty field, and probably wouldn't even be able to get onto the island because of the traffic chaos caused by the frenzy to back Jackett's brave troops on their all-conquering journey as they battle all the way to the Premier League and reclaim their status as equals to Boscombe.
    And while we are on facts, as they pleaded not to be wound up over theft and fraud, it was claimed that every home game brought £13 million into the city.
    Which is funnier than anything I've ever made up, but could lead to some big compensation payouts to cafes and taxi drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    This turbo-charged MegaFixture is clearly being moved to Wembley as the trusty Fortress can no longer hold the plucky blue army in such vast numbers, and they have their own dressing room at Wembley after winning the cup which didn't count when we won it, was boycotted like a dentist for all rounds bar the final, and is now held up as akin to a pot by Jules Rimet.
    The music festival was worried that the headliners would be playing to an empty field, and probably wouldn't even be able to get onto the island because of the traffic chaos caused by the frenzy to back Jackett's brave troops on their all-conquering journey as they battle all the way to the Premier League and reclaim their status as equals to Boscombe.
    And while we are on facts, as they pleaded not to be wound up over theft and fraud, it was claimed that every home game brought £13 million into the city.
    Which is funnier than anything I've ever made up, but could lead to some big compensation payouts to cafes and taxi drivers.

Brilliant as ever Rallyboy, don't ever give up on this place

They'll look sympathetically, say "dear me, what a shame, never mind" and giggle..

Was this action based on police advice or the realisation that the attendance would be p-poor?

Anyway, I told you rallyboy was good at putting the boot in, welcome back!