Page 2252 of 2254 FirstFirst ... 1252175221522202224222502251225222532254 LastLast
Results 112,551 to 112,600 of 112661

Thread: Pompey Takeover Saga

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    Big day today - if pompey beat Charlton at Wembley, and they are hot favourites, we'll be playing them next season.
    I know we've heard this for three years now, but today it feels as close as it's ever been.
    What do you mean, if they beat Charlton? They're nailed on to win, the bookies won't even offer me odds on Pompey losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    https://twitter.com/philhayman2/stat...159474177?s=09

The real reason they bottled promotion.
    So, that would be match-fixing?

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Fake news, you only get £4.3m extra revenue in the CCC and the wage bill would have to increase by at least that to not immediately go down. Most Championship clubs are operating on a loss I suspect and I am sure they realise this.

The EFL’s current TV deal amounts to £90m a year – just 3% of the Premier League’s £2.8bn a year, shared among all 72 clubs, although the 24 in the Championship receive the bulk of it. From 2019 an agreed new five-year deal will pay £120m annually. In agreements struck to govern the relationship between the Premier League, which was a breakaway in 1992 from more equal sharing in the Football League, the top flight pays £100m in “solidarity” to lower leagues, including £4.3m to the Championship clubs.
    On that basis you are aiming to be relegated to D4 as it is financially more sustainable with lower wages and similar gate income?

4. Default

Fake news, you only get £4.3m extra revenue in the CCC and the wage bill would have to increase by at least that to not immediately go down. Most Championship clubs are operating on a loss I suspect and I am sure they realise this.

The EFL’s current TV deal amounts to £90m a year – just 3% of the Premier League’s £2.8bn a year, shared among all 72 clubs, although the 24 in the Championship receive the bulk of it. From 2019 an agreed new five-year deal will pay £120m annually. In agreements struck to govern the relationship between the Premier League, which was a breakaway in 1992 from more equal sharing in the Football League, the top flight pays £100m in “solidarity” to lower leagues, including £4.3m to the Championship clubs.
    but surely there are other streams of income if you had gone through your glass ceiling. You would sell out every game..well most, the ticket prices would go up as you wont have to slash them anymore or give away and of course merchandise streams may increase.
    If only a small increase in revenue is a problem then you may as well stay where you are. Im sure I wont shed any tears if you don't go up.

Their gap-toothiest of fans are making all kinds of excuses as to why they "didn't want to get promoted" but the one I like best is avoiding having to pay a previous owner £5m when they "get to the PL" when it's worth around £170m even if a club is just up for 1 season. Thick fookers.

6. Default

Hasn't he got this confused with the crowd control paraphernalia left over from the Pompey promotion celebration party...? Oh...

Why is there a big sculpture of a knob?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    but surely there are other streams of income if you had gone through your glass ceiling. You would sell out every game..well most, the ticket prices would go up as you wont have to slash them anymore or give away and of course merchandise streams may increase.
    If only a small increase in revenue is a problem then you may as well stay where you are. Im sure I wont shed any tears if you don't go up.
    Could they sell one of the other stands to Lidl therefore providing competition for Tesco? Three stands I am sure is the way to go, plus people could do their shopping and watch a bit of footie on the way out.

Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek2003 View Post
    Could they sell one of the other stands to Lidl therefore providing competition for Tesco? Three stands I am sure is the way to go, plus people could do their shopping and watch a bit of footie on the way out.
    Aisle 3 - Chicken , bottles of coke, slippers, chain saws, Portsmouth Football club.

Blog Entries

Aye, but no chance of your money back if you don't like the product.

Southsea Common is awash with caravans as travellers have moved on next to the D-Day event...
    This will be an interesting test of Hampshire police powers - and whether they can be bothered to use them.
    Having the FBI on side probably gives them the edge.

13. Default

Would Lidl want their brand tarnished by association? Even Anusol would refuse

Southsea Common is awash with caravans as travellers have moved on next to the D-Day event...
    This will be an interesting test of Hampshire police powers - and whether they can be bothered to use them.
    I think you'll find that's just the locals arriving early vying for the best view

Anusol. Haha.

The FBI is for domestic affairs, not state trips to Portsea island.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    The FBI is for domestic affairs, not state trips to Portsea island.
    There's a bad omen about Trump's trip to Skateland - Portsmouth is a anagram of Shoot Trump

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    There's a bad omen about Trump's trip to Skateland - Portsmouth is a anagram of Shoot Trump
    OK. Now I'm officially excited!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    It’ll get nuked........

....and cause millions of £s of improvements

22. Default

Clarke on his way and Lowe to follow him out the door. They will generate decent funds, but as we know to our cost you have to spend it wisely

Big Fratton Park development in the works............

Begging bowl out, tatty timber tabernacle is tatty

The club has an amazing relationship with Donna (Jones), Gerald (Vernon-Jackson) and Stephen (Morgan).
    ‘But they are constrained by what national government can do to help them to help us.
    ‘We are working closely with them to try to address those issues, but it's a big challenge

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-chief-executive-lays-bare-size-of-task-to-make-fratton-park-modern-football-stadium-1-8954795

But the Government has already helped out by writing off that massive Tax Bill a few years ago. The CEO seems to have forgotten that.

26. Default Pompey Takeover Saga

May not be the best place to post but terribly sad news about Justin Edinburgh dying, Just 49.

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    May not be the best place to post but terribly sad news about Justin Edinburgh dying, Just 49.
    Ditto

Very very sad. RIP fella.

Thanks, I hadn't seen the news and went and saw an article in The Guardian. He seemed to be doing things the right way; learning his managerial trade and working up the leagues. What a great shame.

30. Default

This time last week he was mixing with fans in Madrid at the CL Final.

Looking forward to the fixtures coming out on Thursday and we can finally see the dates of those Saints v Pompey and Pompey v Saints fixtures for next season......

32. Default

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Are they celebrating their good fortune in missing Bob Higgin's training seassions ?

Quote Originally Posted by BaffinsPondLife View Post
    Are they celebrating their good fortune in missing Bob Higgin's training seassions ?
    Graham Rix, I think....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

When’s the next paediatrician hunt pal?

36. Default

They are celebrating being PL players

37. Default

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Why is there a big sculpture of a knob?
    That's the Southsea Naval Memorial commemorating sailors lost in the world wars.

38. Default

See you in The Championship next season
    Batman said at the time that this wont age well.

39. Default

stay classy Pondlife

40. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    This won’t age well

which one are you, baffins?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

which one are you, baffins?

He's the ugly one.....oh

Apparently can't play first home fixture because of ground works. Seeking permission from FA for a fixture change. Source :meridian news this evening.

44. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    Apparently can't play first home fixture because of ground works. Seeking permission from FA for a fixture change. Source :meridian news this evening.
    Ground works, whats that then? a sewage treatment works being put in

Don't need it, they are happy with the cesspit as it is

Ladies loos? They were pretty grim when I last went there for a women's international.

Mind you, they were at The Dell, back in the day. it was pretty desperate if you were a beer drinker like me!
    Last edited by suewhistle; 18-06-2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: addtl info

47. Default

They are spending the forthcoming Clarke transfer money on laying a `Premiership standard' pitch to play their League 1 games. With Man U and Liverpool entering teams into the Checkatrade Trophy next season they will want to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    They are spending the forthcoming Clarke transfer money on laying a `Premiership standard' pitch to play their League 1 games. With Man U and Liverpool entering teams into the Checkatrade Trophy next season they will want to impress.
    Not much use if you've only got Championship-standard floodlights, so those are getting replaced as well. Factless says they're iconic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Not much use if you've only got Championship-standard floodlights, so those are getting replaced as well. Factless says they're iconic
    Borrowing money again to make the 'improvements'. I expect it is all part of the plan to make themselves 'premiership ready' when they 'decide' it is the right time to go up.

Borrowing money again to make the 'improvements'. I expect it is all part of the plan to make themselves 'premiership ready' when they 'decide' it is the right time to go up.
    now we have the training facility up to scratch, might as well get the rest of the club n order,