Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Ha ha ha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha ha

This

anothersaint insouthsea.

Corpho he still collecting donations for the fans takeover

I heard he was in the penny arcade at southsea trying to nudge some pennies off the 2p waterfall machine

to go into the pot. He has raised £1.50 so far but has spent £57 to raise this £1.50

I'm confused - it's not Friday today.

Maybe they are hoping all the attention will be deflected away from them by our Marquee signings announcement tomorrow.

Guess I picked a bad day to be out on the razz all day and won't be in a fit state to check in when I get home.

Saturday morning's reading already sorted then as I catch up!!

Here is the view of 'Blueshirt' from the News comments at 16.47 :

what possible justification can the FL have for this appalling decision? It is spiteful and vindictive, and serves no purpose other than to kick us when we are down.........we are being punished for the same offence twice, as I see it, seeing as how we had points deducted last season. The only people to be affected by this are the players and fans of the football club, who were not responsible for or at fault for the administration or mismanagement of the club. The five or six thousand loyal fans of the club who have put their money up front in the purchase of season tickets have effectively had the value of those season tickets reduced, and the club has, at a stroke been rendered even less attractive to any potential buyer.

Given the fact that we are also subject to a transfer embargo and are being totally hamstrung in our efforts to get out of the mess we are in, and instead of offering help and support, the league are obstructing and hindering any possible progress we try to make....... it is shameful and does the FL no credit , it merely highlights their own inept running of the league they are supposed to be in charge of, and however you look at this, you can find no justification or valid reason for it.......we are an easy target and are being victimised. This will not deter any other club or chairman, it will not stop mismanagement at football clubs and will not achieve anything at all within the football league, all it does is give the other 23 clubs in league one an unfair advantage over the coming season. Nice one Football League, and thanks for nothing.. again!

Here is the view of 'Blueshirt' from the News comments at 16.47 :

what possible justification can the FL have for this appalling decision? It is spiteful and vindictive, and serves no purpose other than to kick us when we are down.........we are being punished for the same offence twice, as I see it, seeing as how we had points deducted last season. The only people to be affected by this are the players and fans of the football club, who were not responsible for or at fault for the administration or mismanagement of the club. The five or six thousand loyal fans of the club who have put their money up front in the purchase of season tickets have effectively had the value of those season tickets reduced, and the club has, at a stroke been rendered even less attractive to any potential buyer.

Given the fact that we are also subject to a transfer embargo and are being totally hamstrung in our efforts to get out of the mess we are in, and instead of offering help and support, the league are obstructing and hindering any possible progress we try to make....... it is shameful and does the FL no credit , it merely highlights their own inept running of the league they are supposed to be in charge of, and however you look at this, you can find no justification or valid reason for it.......we are an easy target and are being victimised. This will not deter any other club or chairman, it will not stop mismanagement at football clubs and will not achieve anything at all within the football league, all it does is give the other 23 clubs in league one an unfair advantage over the coming season. Nice one Football League, and thanks for nothing.. again!

Lol ..... what a classic final volley ...... talk about hypocritical!! What does he think they've been doing for the last 10 years??

True, but don't forget the only reason Chainrai wants to regain control of the club (allegedly) is to recoup as much as he can via the Parachute Payments. He can still do that (to a certain degree) IF the players agree to the "compromise arrangements" that the Football League ruling today makes provision for.

His CVA 'offer' was always conditional on this happening anyway. Chainrai won't care one jot about the -10 point penalty as long as the players can be off loaded cheaply.

So, this ruling today doesn't, as far as I can tell, affect Chainrai's position one jot.

On the contrary Trousers, the part which states that only a proportion of 'secured' debt will be allowed, goes against all that he stands to gain !

My feeling is that he will pull out, perhaps selling/renting the ground to the trust and head off back to Hong Kong licking his wounds !!

At last the FL grow a pair. Another LOL moment on the takeover saga.

But just wondering how the compromise deal over players financial deals, fits in with the FL's FCR that they have fought long & hard to protect. Surely one doesn't fit with the other? But hey Ho another day, another gift from the gift that keeps on giving!

How are doing getting a compromise deal with TBH & the never to be forgotten poopey cup final hero Kanu? oh Ho they loved him!

God bless Death by a thousand cuts!

just wondering how the compromise deal over players financial deals, fits in with the FL's FCR that they have fought long & hard to protect. Surely one doesn't fit with the other?

Quite. Either the Football League and/or The FA want to have a rule that protects Football Creditors or it doesn't. To leave the rule open to abuse (via player intimidation) makes a mockery of having the rule in the first place.

But just wondering how the compromise deal over players financial deals, fits in with the FL's FCR that they have fought long & hard to protect.

I don't think it makes any difference, players and managers leave clubs "by mutual consent" with compromise agreements all the time.

Birch's elephant in the room has now escaped - to be met by the predictable it was the responsibility of the previous owners / managers & how it's not fair on the fans.

Sympathy ? No, you get that for deserving causes & not the rampant disregard for rules, fair play, integrity.

Now the phew are feeling the effects of their clubs behaviour & they don't like it.

Oh dear.

On the contrary Trousers, the part which states that only a proportion of 'secured' debt will be allowed, goes against all that he stands to gain !

My feeling is that he will pull out, perhaps selling/renting the ground to the trust and head off back to Hong Kong licking his wounds !!

I read it another way... There is a only a limited amount availble after the parachute money anyway. So even if the clause wasn't there, he would still only get to see 3 million tops. But he will still own the ground / land as the outright owner and not just a charge. He then can sell the club for whatever after a year. I think it was absolutely put in as a deterent against Chanrai, but it has little impact.

I don't think it makes any difference, players and managers leave clubs "by mutual consent" with compromise agreements all the time.

Agree, so what's the point of having a rule that is surely designed to protect 100% of what a footballer is owed?

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by eurosaintviewpost-right.pngHere is the view of 'Blueshirt' from the News comments at 16.47 :

Part II ........could read Nice one PFC ...etc a sentiment shared by numerous local small business men, creditors and charities!!

WTFILN.

Rate:

Helio

4:59 PM on 12/07/2012

pendragon - "Helio, you honestly think the FL have been listening to critcism of BC?" ---

Either that or they came to the same conclusions themselves, doesn't make any difference - Chainrai has been derailed.

I suppose we could expected that reactions would focus on the 10 points, but that's not the essence of the thing. What has been decided is:

(1) Chainrai can't take his whole secured debt with him into the new company. So his bid, which insists on taking it forward, has in effect been turned down by the FL. Without that secured debt to him being accepted, there's little point in him taking over.

(2) The old creditors, from the previous administration, have not been treated according to FL rules, it says. Birch's construction, which was voted on, is not accepted. In practice this means a higher sum for the CVA - how much higher, we can't know. HMRC as a creditor now re-enters the picture.

What do you think that means? Minus 10 points is peanuts compared to the implications.

Oh yes please !!!!!!

So much for getting away with it

They could very well do a Plymouth argyle and go down even further

I'd say their likely plight is far worse than Plymouth's. Plymouth at least were able to sell the ground back to the local authority and had some assets. Plus their liabilities were much smaller than Pompey's are now and even then it took quite a while for James Brent to beat the Heaney consortium's bid (with seemingly quite a bit of local anger at the administrator). The skates are nailed on to go down next year and Plymouth didn't have to contend with Chainrai either. Even if they found a Markus somehow, they'd have the former owners with their foot on their throat if they ever tried to re-develop the FP site. IF they do manage the start the season, I think they'll be fighting their way back up from the conference within 3 years. Luton aren't that much smaller than them and have been stuck down there for 2 or 3 seasons now.

I still hope they survive but League 2 is a fair punishment at least. Was that FA Cup 'win' really worth it?

2. Agree that only a limited proportion of the secured debt from the previous club can be carried forward into the new company as secured debt.

This point should be well noted as it affects only Chanrai !

He must make a big decision now, should he continue a) in the hope that the PP's are not directed solely to the football creditors and b) that TBH and the rest of the big earners are gone within a fortnight ??

The Trust are coming up on the rails in this race and personally I think that this will be the best outcome all round - a) the Skates will have their long desired 'community club' and b) we nutjobs will revel in their chaos and confusion for years to come !!

Deep joy, deep joy :)

All those emails that we directed to the FL expressing disgust that the Skates had effectively exited adminstration without a CVA, have paid off. We argued that they had so far failed to pay a penny to the unsecured creditors of the last CVA from two years ago, so it was tantamount to exiting administration without a CVA. It seemed that we were p*ssing in the wind when we received their stock reply stating that it was not something that they could comment on at this stage.

But somewhere along the way, some of it must have sunk in and brought about this decision today, so our efforts have been vindicated. It probably also helped that gradually it became clear to the supporters of other clubs that the Skates had obtained an unfair advantage by the purchase of several quality players they couldn't afford, accumulating vast amounts of debt in the process which they have subsequently written off via not one, but two administrations. No doubt that many others have followed our lead and put pressure on the FL to punsh them. A pity that the football authorities didn't take it one step further and take away the FA Cup win too, in the same way that a knighthood would be taken away from somebody who had been given one then subsequently acted dishonourably, but at least it is a step in the right direction.

The other conditions imposed on them, make them even more unattractive for anybody to buy and even Chainrai going after the parachute payments will find that there is a lot less in the pot once the football creditors have been paid, so he must really be considering whether it is worthwhile going any further himself.

Of course, one has to feel sorry for the fans, as they are being punished for the misdemeanors of the people who were running the club and none of this is their fault.

No, I don't believe a word of that last line I just wrote either.

Superb news :)

Now Mr Kanu, I do believe you are entitled to 100% of whatever you decide to charge them for along with your colleagues.

Mustapha Dumbaya LOL

Sha la la la la la la la

My friends, we have been through some ups and downs over the years on this thread, but today may well be. The bestest of thm all

Just seen a skate post this on POL....

When the picture of Kanu putting the ball into the net in the 2008 Cup Final appeared in the national papers, I paid for a huge enlarged copy of it and had it framed. It was hanging on my office wall in pride of place since the day I received it and had not been taken down - it is now outside in the rain, it won't ever grace my walls again, now a tarnished memory of our finest hour.

Good - 'orrible, cheating c****

2. Agree that only a limited proportion of the secured debt from the previous club can be carried forward into the new company as secured debt.

This point should be well noted as it affects only Chanrai !

He must make a big decision now, should he continue a) in the hope that the PP's are not directed solely to the football creditors and b) that TBH and the rest of the big earners are gone within a fortnight ??

The Trust are coming up on the rails in this race and personally I think that this will be the best outcome all round - a) the Skates will have their long desired 'community club' and b) we nutjobs will revel in their chaos and confusion for years to come !!

Deep joy, deep joy :)

I think this actually wipes out any chance of PST getting hold of the club. Secured creditors must reduce their claim on the club, IE 18m. Chanrai wont reduce this debt just so PST can take charge, why would he?? So in my my thats it :-)

I think this actually wipes out any chance of PST getting hold of the club. Secured creditors must reduce their claim on the club, IE 18m. Chanrai wont reduce this debt just so PST can take charge, why would he?? So in my my thats it :-)

That was my thought as well

To be fair, either scenario is possible, but Chinny must be seriously reconsidering his position in the light of the complete FL ruling !

Agreed just shows that the FCR is only there to keep the cash in the game, not for actual football creditors.

So Chinny will be furously tapping away on his calculator now working out if its worth his effort to get enough out of what's left from the PP's after paying football creditors. Thumb screws out on players to accept less.

So will Chinny go for it or is he more likely not to?

All those emails that we directed to the FL expressing disgust that the Skates had effectively exited adminstration without a CVA, have paid off. We argued that they had so far failed to pay a penny to the unsecured creditors of the last CVA from two years ago, so it was tantamount to exiting administration without a CVA. It seemed that we were p*ssing in the wind when we received their stock reply stating that it was not something that they could comment on at this stage.

But somewhere along the way, some of it must have sunk in and brought about this decision today, so our efforts have been vindicated. It probably also helped that gradually it became clear to the supporters of other clubs that the Skates had obtained an unfair advantage by the purchase of several quality players they couldn't afford, accumulating vast amounts of debt in the process which they have subsequently written off via not one, but two administrations. No doubt that many others have followed our lead and put pressure on the FL to punsh them. A pity that the football authorities didn't take it one step further and take away the FA Cup win too, in the same way that a knighthood would be taken away from somebody who had been given one then subsequently acted dishonourably, but at least it is a step in the right direction.

The other conditions imposed on them, make them even more unattractive for anybody to buy and even Chainrai going after the parachute payments will find that there is a lot less in the pot once the football creditors have been paid, so he must really be considering whether it is worthwhile going any further himself.

Of course, one has to feel sorry for the fans, as they are being punished for the misdemeanors of the people who were running the club and none of this is their fault.

No, I don't believe a word of that last line I just wrote either.

I had the same thoughts when I read the FL statement. It did come across as the long awaited 'reply' to the PTS nutjobs correspondence with them over the last 9 months or so...

well, there's a development.

A dash of affordable housing and a retail park I would imagine.

Words you think you will never type? - well done Football League!

We always had faith in you to dispense justice, even though the points penalty does look a little modest.:p

If ever they needed a multi-billion pound underwater casino and Saab dealership incorporating a Mr Clive and internationally-recognised monkey-chicken petting zoo consortium to step out of the shadows, today is that day.

Looking forward to Neil Allen's version of these events. Imagine it will be something like

"10 point deduction but we negotiated it down from a deduction of 2 million points"

The thing that stands out to me is the whole football league control their wage budgets and expenditure for 5 years. That is a fecking long time. Think what we have been through in the past 5 years.

Because of that rule I think we can assume that the budget will be small and because they can't borrow money they can only spend what they earn. Or what is left after the carried over debt is paid.

So if you think about it logically they are ****ed. Next year they will have a depleted squad which will be full of youngsters and players nobody wanted. We all know how tough league one was. A deduction and a very tight budget which says to me that if they go over it they will get more points deducted. They have little chance of staying up next year.

But don't worry. Sure Neil Allen will make relegation to the fourth division be a good thing and the bestest will lap it up....

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})