Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Their complete and utter confusion over the whole thing is a delight to read. They reached a final where they literally had to beat reserve teams and didn’t like it so they all cried and stayed away. Of course the boycott is over now, how very handy.

The biggest fair weather load of nonsense I’ve ever seen, but then we all knew that when the whole dump turned up on Southsea Common.

Grapes for sale, any color you like, there all Green,
You have come back Mack, have you been away somewhere or the peg factory doing overtime? Enjoy your trip to Wembley, and we wont mention your sneers at the Paintpot trophy you used to make. Oh and I saw the dive your lad made leading to your first goal, shameful bit of cheating.

The man who has tired of seeing that has tired of life.

A double wardrobe in a swimsuit performing with the grace of a barrow full of rubble being fly-tipped into Hilsea Lido.

At least she's stopped harvesting the votes of simpletons by defending tax evasion.

The justification for those advocating breaking the boycott seems to be along the lines of: "I boycotted due to the introduction of U21 teams into the tournament but now that there aren't any U21 teams left in the competition the reason to boycott no longer exists"

Logic was never one of their strongest traits...

:mcinnes:

As I mentioned on FB, using that logic they should still have to beat all the teams eliminated by an U21 team. I think that's reasonable...

The boycott is of course nothing to do with the U21 teams in the first place, given that they were also boycotting the couple of seasons before the U21s were even in the competition on some other equally spurious grounds (the reality being "we're gash and don't want to pay to watch this").

Just ran through the groups and these are the teams not eliminated if not for the U21 teams:

Group Stages (teams which came 3rd in groups with an U21 qualifier): Carlisle, Crewe, Doncaster, Gillingham, Swindon, Forest Green Rovers, Charlton

Knockouts (directly lost to an U21 team): Macclesfield, Barnsley, AFC Wimbledon, Rochdale.

So in summary, if not for the U21 teams there would be 11 different teams they might not have got past... plus they only got this far due to beating Spurs and Arsenal U21s as well.

Either way, glad they're being distracted from finishing in the top 3 of League One. :D

Edited by The9

Oh no, I don't think I can make that date either. :(

That's the night that I normally drop off my dog to meet shady characters at motorway service stations to collect envelopes of filthy cash, paid in return for signing unsuitable players that my dog's club neither wants nor needs, a criminal act that could lead the business into financial collapse, but works for my dog, because it also charges the players for giving them inflated and lengthy deals that make no football sense to anyone.

A roof and some cladding going onto “the old girl” (lol) at the cost of 6 figures.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/portsmouth-launch-fratton-park-upgrade-1-8835550

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent. Band aid patch up jobs whilst they procrastinate over the "long term" redevelopment. Once again, the fact they cheated a decade ago signing players they couldn't afford to fraudulently claim an FA Cup (that should be struck off the record books ala Marseille/ Juventus) by avoiding paying tax and/ or charities, rather than invest in infrastructure means their legacy will forever be a ****ing dump of a ground, hemmed in by a supermarket (essentially a permanent, visible metaphor of a pay day loan they can never repay) preventing serious redevelopment that will hemorrhage cash for eternity.

I hate the filthy scum and continue to enjoy their demise. Personally I won't be happy until they go out of business. Derby days can wait. They need them more than us for their own deluded sense of self worth. **** 'em.

A roof and some cladding going onto “the old girl” (lol) at the cost of 6 figures.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/portsmouth-launch-fratton-park-upgrade-1-8835550

‘It’s important work and part of our longer-term strategy for what we have planned for the future of the stadium.' The`turn the ground 90 degrees plan' no longer seems to be the er, plan then.

‘It’s important work and part of our longer-term strategy for what we have planned for the future of the stadium.' The`turn the ground 90 degrees plan' no longer seems to be the er, plan then.
I would have thought turning it 180 degrees down would be by far the best bet

Their fans now giving it the big one to Sunderland fans on twitter, as Pompey have been given 1000 more tickets. Saying they’ll sell out easily. Some boycott eh? They REALLY want to win it [emoji23]

Haha - like the last time they were at the FA Cup final & were literally giving away their ticket allocation

Their fans now giving it the big one to Sunderland fans on twitter, as Pompey have been given 1000 more tickets. Saying they’ll sell out easily. Some boycott eh? They REALLY want to win it [emoji23]

Do they get that Portsmouth is a lot nearer Wembley than Sunderland and that segregation has to happen somewhere? They'll probably discover Sunderland get more club Wembley level in a couple of weeks. :lol:

Absolutely hilarious how they've bottled this completely.
They've bottled phase one - automatic promotion is not happening now.

However I'd say that they are nailed on for a play off place - even they can't screw that up now. So they can still get to Wembley and/or get promotion.

So it's not over yet, although blowing automatic from where they were on New Year's Day is LOLtastic enough.

What's the baby shark song at SMS? I hope none of the lyrics are changed from the original.

5-6 people sang a baby shark song at Chelsea away and it’s never been sung since, and they jumped on it. Despite having sung it themselves. Strange lot. c955555381ddf767f8fee52029e6a95a.jpg9ed03df2baf24935cc61c5d7e6585bf7.jpg

They also now think because they’ve sold a few thousand tickets for Wembley (each STH can buy 6 tickets), that they’re a huge club that needs a 40k stadium built. The delusion is strong in them.

Got to laugh, Sunderland have sold out their tickets and say they could have sold 70k. Guess how the skates reply....

Also, Glen Johnson just said on TalkSport that the best fans he ever played in front of was Liverpool. That won’t go down well with the bestest.

One thing I remember from a few years back is stopping at the big supermarket near Port Solent (Tesco's?) and seeing a lad coming out of the store in a red & white striped shirt, which turned out to be a Sunderland strip.

A big fat woman and a teenage lad started giving the lad grief shouting 'scummer' etc.

The lad seemed rather shocked especially when an older man joined in the tirade.

What they didnt realise was that the lad in the striped shirt had rather a large Mackem dad and he came out and confronted the three gobby gits who visibly wilted.

It was really funny how three people could gang together to frighten a young lad then basically run away when confronted!!

Good to see the Sunderland fans on Ready To Go raising issues about being not even able to view the Pompey forums, and the excuse is that they would be all trolling like the Scummas, if they could post, but no explanation as to why they cant even read and laugh at the ridiculous P****y are bigger than Sunderland rubbish.

Not true on my board. I've approved a few from up that way recently.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})