Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Yep they're still enjoying real football in the backwaters, but they are going to spend big, big, big!

Mainly because they need a safety certificate and a pitch that drains, but they've dressed that up as some glorious future investment and the plucky faithful have translated that as a new 35k-seater stadium that will make the Harbourdome look like the Withdean.

And re the new signing who is all excited because he saw the mighty blue army when he was a boy...I saw Slade when I was a boy but it doesn't make me want to team up with Dave Hill and tour in 2018.

That would be crazee.

Incredible the club is in League 1

Humungous name

To me, they are a Premier League club

Others don't have the size and history of Portsmouth

Success it warrants

I can take myself back to the noise and atmosphere

Wow, it's some noise

It's a humungous club

They truly are a pathetic, pointless club these days who are there to merely make up the numbers.

Wimbledon at home. Winnable tie.

No doubt their thicko fans will still sing "you've never won **** all" at them

I think Wimbledon are fair game for such chants personally. After all, they have been in existence 10 years longer than the current football club that plays at Fratton Park.

DgM9geOWsAA-FU0.jpg:large

Some cracking fixtures to look forward to there fellow nutjobs

FFS my Makem mate was going to stay at ours and we were both going to go. It’s 3 days before Xmas, useless ****s can’t even get that right. I can’t even go up there, as it clashes with Boscombe home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Their new kit has been released... it's teamwear gash. Nike's Challenge II template, used by every decent Nike team for their third kit last season. As ever, it's now available for parks teams:

portsmouth-18-19-kit-3.jpg

Comes with completely plain white shorts and completely plain red socks. I can't wait until Nike start sodding about with their colours because they only release one style of short and socks every two years...

And here it is completely unaltered for any old parks team at £32 a shirt (or £24 a shirt if you buy 14)... http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/products/nike-challenge-ii-ss-jersey-royal-blue-white-mens-football-teamwear-893964463-176520.aspx

Edited by The9

"Any old parks team" Oi, no need to be so disparaging! :-) By the time we've put on our sponsors logo, our team badge, numbers, Hampshire FA patch, etc, they end up expensive. My best friend doesn't even like football but I managed to persuade her to be the shirt sponsor before she really understood how much it would cost. Fortunately she's still smiling and talking to me..

Really, I'm sure I haven't mentioned it since last season, and this thread, if it's anything, is all about continuity and recurrent themes! :->>

If you really want the detail I play very little, off the bench. Would you like more detail? I'm not up to Heisenberg's or CB Fry's level of tiresomeness, or even, dare I say it The9s when it comes to all things to do with shirts, which is where we came in. But if I'm feeling stroppy I'm sure I can go completely OT and be as irrelevant to the topic as the rest of you are much of the time.

Good points, Sue. I suppose that many other posters being so extremely monotonous has just become the norm, which is why I usually don't read them. When I see you have posted, I always make a point to read it. I don't know why I chimed in really!

Anyway, let me tell you about the beer I brew again.......;)

They had a debate about safe standing in parliament. A Portsmouth MP spoke - within the opening sentence mentioned how Portsmouth have a prolific history of European and top flight football (cue the facepalm gif) and then made a joke about Southampton fans having to sit because the quality of football is poorer apparently.

Royston Smith hit back though with a few jibes of his own. It’s all on Hansard if any nutjobs want to take a look for themselves.

Edited by Pamplemousse

They had a debate about safe standing in parliament. A Portsmouth MP spoke - within the opening sentence mentioned how Portsmouth have a prolific history of European and top flight football (cue the facepalm gif) and then made a joke about Southampton fans having to sit because the quality of football is poorer apparently.

Royston Smith hit back though with a few jibes of his own. It’s all on Hansard if any nutjobs want to take a look for themselves.

In my 50 years of watching football, I can only recall Pompey playing European football on a couple of occasions in the seasons of when the taxpayer and charities funded it. What other time have they done so? I'm not talking pre season tours of Gibraltar etc

Even if you look past the false nature of that statement... how f*cking pathetic is it that an MP is making petty Portsmouth/Southampton jibes in a parliamentary debate :mcinnes:

Even if you look past the false nature of that statement... how f*cking pathetic is it that an MP is making petty Portsmouth/Southampton jibes in a parliamentary debate :mcinnes:
votes from his constituents. Those comments will have cemented some votes for him

In my 50 years of watching football, I can only recall Pompey playing European football on a couple of occasions in the seasons of when the taxpayer and charities funded it. What other time have they done so? I'm not talking pre season tours of Gibraltar etc

I think they did around 1957 when Pat Neal played on the left wing whilst attending Brockenhurst Grammar School. He also played for Hampshire Grammar Schools during the week. Mike Pratt from Swanage GS playing RB, had to mark him when they played us (Dorset GS) at Brockenhurst and we pulled his leg in the dressing room after that his opponent was playing for the Skates the previous week in Europe.

I think they did around 1957 when Pat Neal played on the left wing whilst attending Brockenhurst Grammar School. He also played for Hampshire Grammar Schools during the week. Mike Pratt from Swanage GS playing RB, had to mark him when they played us (Dorset GS) at Brockenhurst and we pulled his leg in the dressing room after that his opponent was playing for the Skates the previous week in Europe.

It could only have been in the Eurovision Song contest.

1957!! that's before my time thanks very much, lol

1968 onwards when I first started going to watch Saints as a young lad.

On another forum I'm on, I get complaints because I mention Southampton too much.

Meanwhile, the Newport County (ha! got a mention in) forum I joined last year when Saints weren't even worth discussing hasn't mentioned me going on about Saints and Premier League football once. Somehow.

This comprehensive wiki on English clubs in International competitions mentions them ONCE (2008/9). They also qualified in 2010 but forgot to pay anyone for anything and didn't get a licence and weren't allowed to play. Plus tbh they'd have been an embarrassment and probably wouldn't have been able to get a budget flight back once the bill came in.

FWIW, compared to their one, uno, ein, un... we've qualified for Europe nine times (though one was during the post-Heysel ban).

This comprehensive wiki on English clubs in International competitions mentions them ONCE (2008/9). They also qualified in 2010 but forgot to pay anyone for anything and didn't get a licence and weren't allowed to play. Plus tbh they'd have been an embarrassment and probably wouldn't have been able to get a budget flight back once the bill came in.

FWIW, compared to their one, uno, ein, un... we've qualified for Europe nine times (though one was during the post-Heysel ban).

What! No mention of the Asia cup?

I was slightly mistaken here. Pat Neil played for Skates making his debut in 1955/6 aged 17 whilst at Northern Grammar School. He then left for Wolves and it was here he played in Europe against Red Banner. He went back to the Skates in 1962 and ended up a school headmaster.

• 2 weeks later...

Because they are so stupid and the most deluded in football, something hilariously ludicrous will

be done down there so this thread will never die.

I just hope Steve Grant will pass the web forum down through his family so that future generations can

relive the utter cretinous actions of the tinpot outfit and add others as they inevitably happen

Aaaand normality is restored. ‘Bob Beech, former chairman of SOS Pompey said: ‘It is mean-spirited but if you sell to a billionaire this is what you get.

‘The fans voted for it so I suppose you reap what you sow. ‘

c8a0c8c0124032f02053973895f28b9a.png

Oh and this was funny too,

dd70b44227e5c386f4b316bdee62cd85.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Golden Balls

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})