Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

best player sent off and banned for the next 3 matches.

/QUOTE]

I think you will find that the officials will have written the information out incorrectly and so due to a technicality the ban will be overturned, it seems to be the form when that lot come up against authority

FWIW they will almost certainly have to wear that maroon and salmon thing at Bristol Rovers and Hartlepool. And as a kit it is much worse than Saints' home kit (which I hate), but as a kit representing the tradition of the club, it's quite decent. Which tells you a lot about the traditions they have at their club.

Also worth noting that they're picking and choosing bits of heritage when it suits them again...

Also bear in mind that Pompey have never averaged more than 37,000 at home, even in their most successful days

This is a stadium which had a capacity of over 50,000 in the early 50's

In one year their average attendance was a few hundred over Hull City who were in Division3

Don't forget also that, at this time in the early 50's, there were thousands of sailors in the naval port and quite s few Saints fans used to go down to Fratton to watch Div 1 games

To be fair though Pompey are relatively well supported in the lower leagues

Similar to what Luton are to Non League football.

Does that mean tha Kara's naval base was full of discharged seamen ??

FWIW they will almost certainly have to wear that maroon and salmon thing at Bristol Rovers and Hartlepool. And as a kit it is much worse than Saints' home kit (which I hate), but as a kit representing the tradition of the club, it's quite decent. Which tells you a lot about the traditions they have at their club.

Also worth noting that they're picking and choosing bits of heritage when it suits them again...

surely of they want to follow their heritage they should have a totally red kit, as they have spent most of their years in the red

Just noticed that I hadn't even bothered to see their results lately.

Most my life I didn't see them as rivals as were at a lower level - just team to take the p1ss out of. Guess, without even noticing, they are back there!

However, pleasantly surprised to see how low they are.

So Champagne Iain gets off a drink driving charge on error technicalities...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/iain-mcinnes-drink-driving-charge-dropped-by-court-1-5436257

On the day of his arrest, Mr McInnes said he had been at Portsmouth Football Club, where he had two glasses of red wine with his lunch.

In the evening he had a glass of wine with his dinner

He really has been hammering that open bar..

1517976845.jpg

2114884851.jpg

Hungover? :mcinnes:

Every man for himself, the referee will certainly not be granted any charity when it comes to the wording of the filed report.

Are we sure he's a skate? Every man for himself and giving nothing to charity is the Pompey way I know, but highlighting this is the duty of Saints fans isn't it?

Still, the incensed Whittingham did enter the match officials’ room after the final whistle to force home his own point of view.

Oppppssss, that'll be a fine then. More working capital to be reduced, thus more kiddies pocket money needs to be begged for!

Harsh indeed on the Blues, who shrugged off playing almost an hour with 10-men to turn in a fighting and gusty performance.

Gusty? WTF is a gusty performance?

No wonder he was booed off at both half-time and full-time as he made his way from the field.

Yeah right, we know it was the team they were booing.

Every man for himself, the referee will certainly not be granted any charity when it comes to the wording of the filed report.

Are we sure he's a skate? Every man for himself and giving nothing to charity is the Pompey way I know, but highlighting this is the duty of Saints fans isn't it?

Still, the incensed Whittingham did enter the match officials’ room after the final whistle to force home his own point of view.

Oppppssss, that'll be a fine then. More working capital to be reduced, thus more kiddies pocket money needs to be begged for!

Harsh indeed on the Blues, who shrugged off playing almost an hour with 10-men to turn in a fighting and gusty performance.

Gusty? WTF is a gusty performance?

No wonder he was booed off at both half-time and full-time as he made his way from the field.

Yeah right, we know it was the team they were booing.

If he knew anything about assessing referees he would know that the assessor's job is to see if the referee correctly applied the laws of the game.

The assessor does not question or examine the referee's judgement calls on individual incidents and decisions.

So the assessor will not tell the referee: "You got that penalty decision wrong," as the most basic tenet of refereeing is that the referee's decision is always final.

However, the assessor will note that the referee correctly applied the laws and showed Connolly a red card for violent conduct, and his assessment will also look at how he managed the game and the players.

Contrary to what Neill thinks or hopes, Mr Bratt will probably get a decent report from the assessor.

If he knew anything about assessing referees he would know that the assessor's job is to see if the referee correctly applied the laws of the game.

The assessor does not question or examine the referee's judgement calls on individual incidents and decisions.

So the assessor will not tell the referee: "You got that penalty decision wrong," as the most basic tenet of refereeing is that the referee's decision is always final.

However, the assessor will note that the referee correctly applied the laws and showed Connolly a red card for violent conduct, and his assessment will also look at how he managed the game and the players.

Contrary to what Neill thinks or hopes, Mr Bratt will probably get a decent report from the assessor.

What the heck are the skates expecting all the premier league standard refs to give up their glamour games to go to Krap Nottarf. Get used to the **** refs that is what the reward is for slipping into league 2. WTFILN.

Well, let's face it the PL refs ain't much Kop either.

Perhaps we can send them Howard Webb?

They are very pleased to have sold 350 shirts at £34.99. By my reckoning that is a whopping £10k revenue, just wow.

How big was that lorry travelling overnight from Poland with the special consignment ready for the launch, must have been a minivan.

They are very pleased to have sold 350 shirts at £34.99. By my reckoning that is a whopping £10k revenue, just wow.

How big was that lorry travelling overnight from Poland with the special consignment ready for the launch, must have been a minivan.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})