Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Something odd is going on...

They bang three goals past someone, then the same team goes out the next week and looks like they have never heard of football let alone played it before.

Is that inconsistent players or poor tactics and management?

Who cares!

It's bloody funny after all the gobbing off about how crap we were and how they would dominate us for a thousand generations.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/difficult-viewing-for-pompey-fans-at-fratton-park-1-5688456

Is there some manipulation of figures going on here , thought it was Tweeted that "about 800" stumped up to watch the beam back ?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-boss-speaks-on-his-fratton-future-1-5687991

Also was it suggested that the CEO was there right to the end ? Some where some is getting a few mixed messages out....

Edited by qwertySFC

The CEO isn't the Chairman. And there is a deliberate muddling of the figures between how many went to the game in Kingston and how many went to FP.

Personally I think McInness lost it when he found out they lost ten grand with the "beamback" fiasco, rather than getting beat again. He's used to that.

There is a lot of noise on their message boards wanting him gone - Personally I think he is doing a sterling job :) :)

I see he is on a one year rolling contract, so it will cost them a years salary to get rid of him. I would guess his total package would be somewhere around 150k???, including win bonuses and cup competitions etc with a basic of about 75k???? ....................or am I miles out

You're missing one vital point. Pompey don't honour contracts. Instead they hound and intimidate players/managers until they feel forced to leave without a penny for fear of being blamed for forcing the club out of existence. Ergo, how much Whittingham would be owed is meaningless.

Leopards, spots, etc...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/difficult-viewing-for-pompey-fans-at-fratton-park-1-5688456

Is there some manipulation of figures going on here , thought it was Tweeted that "about 800" stumped up to watch the beam back ?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-boss-speaks-on-his-fratton-future-1-5687991

Also was it suggested that the CEO was there right to the end ? Some where some is getting a few mixed messages out....

The News :-

The club decided to screen live coverage of the match on a screen at Fratton Park, and scores of fans turned up to watch it from the Fratton End.

So they report that there were over 800 who bought tickets, but only "scores" attended. Now, as a score is 20, then technically you can realistically only have enough scores to make 100, which next becomes hundreds when over two hundred is surpassed. So 800 is well and truly hundreds, not scores. This is the sort of innacuracy we have come to expect from the Skates whenever they bandie figures about. :rolleyes:

It was the chairman, Champagne Iain, who stomped out early, whereas the Twitter comments from Hall (or whoever) mentioned the CEO being there to the (very) bitter end. Neat little smokescreen there to avoid answering the question!

So they report that there were over 800 who bought tickets, but only "scores" attended.

Let's be generous (we can afford to be), and remember that there were quite a few watching in comfort in the Victory Lounge, although due to general incompetence this was not generally known.

Back to the videos: the football is the sort I'm quite familiar with from watching and playing down the local rec, with some errors even I would be embarassed to make. I've seen a bit of a Portsmouth Ladies' game this season, and they seemed far more competent.

@pn_neil_allen: My take on that gutless, pathetic, wretched #Pompey defeat at AFC Wimbledon.

http://t.co/ZzrP7lYIFD

On the terracing on the opposite side of the ground, others also departed, while some chanted ‘We want our money back’.

Many present for the Fratton beam back exploded into boos, at least safe in the knowledge their journey home to mull over the pathetic team performance was considerably shorter.

Edited by trousers

eb40f43d7ddd908fcf3392d098806fa8_normal.jpeg Micah Hall ‏@engagePompey 16 Nov

@HsindenPFC thanks for going - hopefully by the time all the takings are in we will have broken even yes.

Which of course means no!

How much money is 'still to come in' and where is it 'coming in' from? My understanding of events like this is that you turn up, pay your money and go in. I'm pretty sure they haven't allowed 100 fans to turn up on 'credit', even if they did, they'd know how much money was owed to them.

So, come on Micah, where is all this additional money 'coming in' from?

What happened to this new era of transparency? Is it only for good news?

The Skates youth team play Barton Rangers in the FA Youth Cup at Fratton tonight, a win for them will set up a trip to St Marys,

I notice a player called Oxlade-Chamberlain featured in the last round as well, interesting he is playing for them and not joined the saints academy like his older brother did.

Just been reading an article about that bloke who ran the co-op bank. You know the one who thought the assets were 3 billion when they were 47 , couldn't tell the MPs the value of loans and then went out on a drug fuelled gay orgy. Well it turns out he is a skate, born in Portsmouth. Now he's got a bit of time on his hands he'd be ideal as finance director.

Just been reading an article about that bloke who ran the co-op bank. You know the one who thought the assets were 3 billion when they were 47 , couldn't tell the MPs the value of loans and then went out on a drug fuelled gay orgy. Well it turns out he is a skate, born in Portsmouth. Now he's got a bit of time on his hands he'd be ideal as finance director.

Paul Flowers you mean? The man who's only prior financial experience was a spell as a bank cashier in his 20's? Yeah, he would be ideal as part of the Skate board!

Paul Flowers you mean? The man who's only prior financial experience was a spell as a bank cashier in his 20's? Yeah, he would be ideal as part of the Skate board!

That's him.

Guess you can take the skate out of skatemouth, but not skatemouth out of the skate. People were questioning how the FSA sanctioned him to run the bank and I'd echo that, its one thing being a Methodist minister with hardly any banking expertise, but being a skate should have rung alarm bells.

To be fair, I think Wallace is just bored of pompey full stop.

It's when they realise that league one players with less than a years experience, don't command big fees......Unless you are selling to peter storie.

pompey stars pledge to put an end to hollow promises spun through local media to satisfy the easily-led.

player A has issued a rallying call to the faithful saying 'we need to cut out these tired old quotes spun through templates'.

The former ---- hitman is predictably standing firm behind underfire manager ----- claiming that the players will turn it round.

'The lads were gutted with the defeat at -----, especially after we had dominated the first -- minutes, so we had strong words to make sure it never happens again, there are characters in the dressing room, and we all know we need to stand up'

player A went on to praise the travelling blue army for backing the team in testing circumstances.

Despite the weather and distance and the clash with a one hour Emmerdale special, -- fans made the journey.

'Even though we lost and played appallingly, the fans never gave up, even after ---- was sent off, and with a bit of luck we might have nicked something for them at the death'.

Despite the X-0 defeat, there is still a lively spirit in the dressing room, as demonstrated by the recent arrest of out-of-favour utility player ----- on suspicion of ----- in Southsea.

That won't stop the mighty blue army packing the park to the rafters for the upcoming visit of minnows ----.

But skipper ---- issued a warning to those fans who think the game against ---- will be a pushover.

'Even though they are a tiny club compared with us, ---- will be organised, and playing in such a great arena will bring out the best in them.'

'I'm not saying it is their cup final, but it is the sort of game they would expect after seven or eight ties drawn out of a velvet bag and immediately preceded by a semi-final'.

While visitors ---- are on a good run compared with pompey, captain fantastic is also keen to utilise the best 12th man in world football.

'The support at ---- was amazing, and we want to repay that faith with a win against ---- on ----'.

When asked about the calls for change, the plucky journeyman said 'it is up to us to show that we won't be cajoled into dull and pointless quotes anymore', adding 'the gaffer will be looking for a response, we just need belief, we need to turn fatpipes into a fortress!'

Manager ----'s battling troops did have a boost this week when it was confirmed that the tactical change from machine gun paragraphs had been an overwhelming success.

'Indeed it has been'.

Said a spokesman.

Reflecting on the changes.

With a big home test to come.

You've got more than one sentence in some of those paragraphs Rallyboy me ol' mucker :)

True, but closer reading to the end required.... "it was confirmed that the tactical change from machine gun paragraphs had been an overwhelming success."

Think I'll print Rallyboy's post out - watching England tonight and should be a blue few around in the social club.

pompey stars pledge to put an end to hollow promises spun through local media to satisfy the easily-led.

player A has issued a rallying call to the faithful saying 'we need to cut out these tired old quotes spun through templates'.

The former ---- hitman is predictably standing firm behind underfire manager ----- claiming that the players will turn it round.

'The lads were gutted with the defeat at -----, especially after we had dominated the first -- minutes, so we had strong words to make sure it never happens again, there are characters in the dressing room, and we all know we need to stand up'

player A went on to praise the travelling blue army for backing the team in testing circumstances.

Despite the weather and distance and the clash with a one hour Emmerdale special, -- fans made the journey.

'Even though we lost and played appallingly, the fans never gave up, even after ---- was sent off, and with a bit of luck we might have nicked something for them at the death'.

Despite the X-0 defeat, there is still a lively spirit in the dressing room, as demonstrated by the recent arrest of out-of-favour utility player ----- on suspicion of ----- in Southsea.

That won't stop the mighty blue army packing the park to the rafters for the upcoming visit of minnows ----.

But skipper ---- issued a warning to those fans who think the game against ---- will be a pushover.

'Even though they are a tiny club compared with us, ---- will be organised, and playing in such a great arena will bring out the best in them.'

'I'm not saying it is their cup final, but it is the sort of game they would expect after seven or eight ties drawn out of a velvet bag and immediately preceded by a semi-final'.

While visitors ---- are on a good run compared with pompey, captain fantastic is also keen to utilise the best 12th man in world football.

'The support at ---- was amazing, and we want to repay that faith with a win against ---- on ----'.

When asked about the calls for change, the plucky journeyman said 'it is up to us to show that we won't be cajoled into dull and pointless quotes anymore', adding 'the gaffer will be looking for a response, we just need belief, we need to turn fatpipes into a fortress!'

Manager ----'s battling troops did have a boost this week when it was confirmed that the tactical change from machine gun paragraphs had been an overwhelming success.

'Indeed it has been'.

Said a spokesman.

Brilliant.

That confirms what I have suspected for a long time..

Rallyboy is none other than Neil "factless" Allen. For the Skates News he just turns out drivel to please the mentally deficient. He saves the proper stuff, the stuff that he went to journalists school to learn, the stuff which entitles him to be called a journalist , for this forum.

I think we should all spare a moment this evening to send our thanks down the M27 on behalf of World Football.

Yes, tonight, that footballing Powerhouse that is Dune's promised land make their International Debut against Slovakia in their new adopted home stadium in the Algarve in Portugal.

Besides their inclusion into the Euro 2012 Qualification next year, we can also congratulate their Premier Division and celebrate the fact that the likes of Lincoln and Manchester United will be playing in the Champions League and Europa Cup next year

Let us give thanks to that plucky band who really brought Team Gib to the attention of the footballing world

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-rocked-by-gibraltar-1-4081875

Pompey rocked by Gibraltar

Pompey slumped to an embarrassing defeat to Gibraltar as their pre-season kicked off in hugely-disappointing fashion.

Michael Appleton’s side slumped to a 4-0 loss on the Victoria Stadium Astroturf to cap another depressing day for Blues fans

Good luck to Danny Higginbottam from nutjobs everywhere!

Edited by dubai_phil

Brilliant.

That confirms what I have suspected for a long time..

Rallyboy is none other than Neil "factless" Allen. For the Skates News he just turns out drivel to please the mentally deficient. He saves the proper stuff, the stuff that he went to journalists school to learn, the stuff which entitles him to be called a journalist , for this forum.

Sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I'd worked that out years ago! ;)

'Indeed it has been'.

Said a spokesman.

:adore: I'm not worthy

The travelling faithful booed them off at the final whistle as the players produced a pathetic reaction to that poor showing in Wales earlier in the week

More missing facts from #factless.

He clearly hasn't read the press release that states that 'the bestest fans in the whole world, ever, DO NOT boo their own team, ever, under any circumstances'.

I was there as I live out that way and I always thought Knight's long service was worthy of acknowledgement. Anyway, the score wasn't important and I don't remember really - thought it was 7 actually - but more typically Pompey was the fact that we were kept in the away end at the end of the match whilst Pompey fans proceeded to lob lumps of concrete over the wall. The police liaison officer in our midst said "oh, haven't seen some of these faces for a few years.." We were all in a holiday mood and good natured, and poor Alan Knight was so embarassed - bless 'im - and came over to apologise when we were kept in 'for our own safety' whilst the locals were dispersed..

My recollection of that match was Beasant up front, them fielding 12 players, their fans invading the pitch and chucking anything, especially copper coins. I don't recall being kept back because leaving us in there we were just sitting ducks - but I do recall having to run around Fratton and hide behind a wall at one point just to get back to my car.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})