Page 2188 of 2214 FirstFirst ... 11881688208821382178218621872188218921902198 ... LastLast
Results 109,351 to 109,400 of 110680

Thread: Pompey Takeover Saga

:-)

Rallyboy has such a wonderfully beetchy turn of phrase that I wonder what he could achieve with a bit of PMT!

more booing lies, as we know this never happens, but its reported by Factless, who also never lies. This is all very confusing.

It prompted many to make their feelings known by booing the decision.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/fo...x-up-1-7820044

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    That is such a poor division that I still can't see them dodging promotion again, that would be an epic achievement.
    So tonight is the big one - win at home and I suspect they will scramble into third for the rest of the season.
    That would mean they could rejoin bigger clubs like Bury, Rochdale and Fleetwood.

But credit where it's due, and they do love a bit of credit.
    They have come a long way in five years - from the bottom of League One, all the way to...half a dozen places below that.
    Its the pashun though, innit. Better than any nasty old Premier League £millions, better than having a ground that isn't collapsing and betterer by far than having to play rubbishy plastic Premier League or European teams

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    more booing lies, as we know this never happens, but its reported by Factless, who also never lies. This is all very confusing.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/fo...x-up-1-7820044
    The pot is barely tin........!

Fire up the open top bus, I feel a promotion parade coming soon

Will they beat the 250,000, or will they have to lie about the crowds again? They can always hire this guy as their spokesman...

They won but Carlisle beat Donny, so they are no nearer to 3rd

That's joint top to everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    That's joint top to everyone else
    Topmostest

Jordan Cross writes incoherent rubbish, and he doesn't know what an analogy is.

"Paul Cook this week used the analogy of a clipped, intense round-robin to sort out who’s getting out of terrain which feels increasingly godforsaken in footballing terms."

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/fo...ched-1-7823345

Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post

So left the 'massive' Pompey FC so he could put the cones out for the England Under 15s instead. Surely some mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    That is such a poor division that I still can't see them dodging promotion again, that would be an epic achievement.
    So tonight is the big one - win at home and I suspect they will scramble into third for the rest of the season.
    That would mean they could rejoin bigger clubs like Bury, Rochdale and Fleetwood.

But credit where it's due, and they do love a bit of credit.
    They have come a a long way in five years - from the bottom of League One, all the way to...half a dozen places below that.
    BUT...Plymouth and Donny are solid top 2, despite Tues slip ups. Luton and Carlisle are decent sides for that level and could easily get 3rd. Exeter were on a great run and have goalscorers for that level - Wheeler and Reid. Skates could 3rd or 7th - Luton home and away in PL SFs they would not want.

Just think of the pressure of the Bestest on those poor journeymen lucky enough to wear the same shirts (well, they aren't really) that won Division 1 in the 1930s.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by saint1977 View Post
    BUT...Plymouth and Donny are solid top 2, despite Tues slip ups. Luton and Carlisle are decent sides for that level and could easily get 3rd. Exeter were on a great run and have goalscorers for that level - Wheeler and Reid. Skates could 3rd or 7th - Luton home and away in PL SFs they would not want.

Just think of the pressure of the Bestest on those poor journeymen lucky enough to wear the same shirts (well, they aren't really) that won Division 1 in the 1930s.
    Get a grip of yourself man. The title is virtually theirs. What with the money they spend, the top class facilities, fortress Fratton, the massivest most passionest crowd in the world that make opposing players wilt under the pressure. Heck the away support is huge too so even home players (who have likely spent their whole life dreaming about a glamour tie with Portsmouth) **** their shorts at the merest thought of the wall of noise and passion.

It's nailed on!

Is it too much to ask for two agonising last-minute play-off defeats in a row?

Just having one was rather amusing, but two... surely not?

I'd rather it was done and dusted before the play offs. Agonisingly just missing out on a play off spot!

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SW5 SAINT View Post
    I'd rather it was done and dusted before the play offs. Agonisingly just missing out on a play off spot!
    By drawing of lots due to all tie-breakers being the same. Or if they have a one off match then them blowing a 4-0 half time lead with 3 goals against in time added on.

Think of promotion as a necessary pre-condition to relegation the following season.

18. Default

As I've said before, I/we want Pompey to get promoted so we can start to see their tinpot 'fan ownership' (sic) operating model start to unravel when the financial demands of playing in a higher league start to kick in. They won't be able to resist overspending, upon which we go back to square one on the nutjobbery snakes and ladders board. Where's the fun in them bobbing around in Division 4 for the rest of eternity...?
    Last edited by trousers; 17-02-2017 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    As I've said before, I/we want Pompey to get promoted so we can start to see their tinpot 'fan ownership' (sic) operating model start to unravel when the financial demands of playing in a higher league start to kick in. They won't be able to resist overspending, upon which we go back to square one on the nutjobbery snakes and ladders board. Where's the fun in them bobbing around in Division 4 for the rest of eternity...?
    Its win/win for us. If they get promoted we can enjoy the spectacle of their tinpot clown car 'competing' with better-run outfits, if they fail then its another generous helping of schadenfreude while they struggle with the ongoing karmic consequences of their gunrunner-funded cup run

This but in the final with Cook bringing on a very unpopular sub (booed) who scores the own goal with his first touch.... can you imagine the fallout?
    It would be a joy to behold...

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    This but in the final with Cook bringing on a very unpopular sub (booed) who scores the own goal with his first touch.... can you imagine the fallout?
    It would be a joy to behold...
    No dont want them to get to Wembley, let it be in the play off

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waterside.saint View Post
    Its win/win for us. If they get promoted we can enjoy the spectacle of their tinpot clown car 'competing' with better-run outfits, if they fail then its another generous helping of schadenfreude while they struggle with the ongoing karmic consequences of their gunrunner-funded cup run
    Yep, don't care either way as there is fun to be had regardless.

If they fall out of the playoffs that would be spectacular! I cannot see it myself and perhaps they can build up a record of playoff failure.

Time to bet on them to get promoted guys.... its a win win situation and either way we'll be pleased with the outcome....

Best case scneario, they get relegated from League 1 next season and go into administration due to the financial shock of overspending on journeymen and then not being able to afford it on League 2 revenues

Quote Originally Posted by Saint86 View Post
    Time to bet on them to get promoted guys.... its a win win situation and either way we'll be pleased with the outcome....

Best case scneario, they get relegated from League 1 next season and go into administration due to the financial shock of overspending on journeymen and then not being able to afford it on League 2 revenues
    I'd vote for that #karma

On the other hand, them getting promoted (and probably having a better squad) gives them a better chance of progressing in cup competitions and a better chances of coming up against the mighty Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Where's the fun in them bobbing around in Division 4 for the rest of eternity...?
    Division 4 is where they belong, and where they should stay ; 1 bad season away from non-league football, ( which is where they should have been consigned anyway ).

On the other hand, them getting promoted (and probably having a better squad) gives them a better chance of progressing in cup competitions and a better chances of coming up against the mighty Saints.
    Bring it on

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Division 4 is where they belong, and where they should stay ; 1 bad season away from non-league football, ( which is where they should have been consigned anyway ).
    True that

29. Default

Happy days. 1-0 down

1-1 now

Booo!

1-1 FT and Carlisle win, more ground lost on 3rd.

Good point that - were it against someone other than Barnet.

Their next game is next Saturday at 3rd place Carlisle, massive game for them. Looks like we've both got cup finals to look forward to that weekend.

Their next game is next Saturday at 3rd place Carlisle, massive game for Carlisle. Looks like we've both got cup finals to look forward to that weekend.
    Fixed it for you.

expat in spain

At least cook put Chaplin on at half time. Why cook cannot see what the majority of pompey fans can and that is Chaplin should be on the team sheet first with 10 others, after all he is the best striker outside the premiership.

Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/fo...mpey-1-7828430

The best striker outside the Premiership?
    For starters, that's a rugby competition, so that is quite a claim.
    And pompey have fallen so far they have not a clue about what is happening in bigboy football.
    They think that every coach who shows promise in the 4th tier is the next England manager, and that any player who scores a couple of goals against Barnet or Newport is destined for Chelsea or Man City.
    How far do they have to fall before reality floods in and washes away these insane delusions of mediocrity??

I was at the Barnet game, ticking off the Hive. They were lucky to get a point. While their goal was splendid it was their only shot on goal in the entire game and their defence was frightened to death by Akinde. Away fans were noisy at the start but faded away until the equaliser, and who takes flares to a League Two game? Saw Newport against Carlisle earlier this season and I couldn't see any real gap in class between them and a team struggling to stay in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    :-)

Rallyboy has such a wonderfully beetchy turn of phrase that I wonder what he could achieve with a bit of PMT!
    Hehe! Nice one!.....I'm still not sure that a spell Of Pompey Mentality Training would be effective on him though. Tests have shown that special form of PMT only works on imbeciles.

Yesterday my team didn't have a fixture so was able to have a few (cough, cough) lunchtime pints down my social club in the village, practising for next Sunday...

The bar man is a Pompey fan so we got chatting. He hates Cook, inter alia for not playing their top scorers and being generally incompetent, but he also was scathing about TCWTB (I whispered the meaning in his ear as the bar was crowded!). He wished that he and his 'window lickers' [his words] were not associated with the club. I had some sympathy with that view..

He also observed that whenever the telly interviews women in Portsmouth they always go for the ones with 'pickle stickers'... anyone heard that phrase before? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    Yesterday my team didn't have a fixture so was able to have a few (cough, cough) lunchtime pints down my social club in the village, practising for next Sunday...

The bar man is a Pompey fan so we got chatting. He hates Cook, inter alia for not playing their top scorers and being generally incompetent, but he also was scathing about TCWTB (I whispered the meaning in his ear as the bar was crowded!). He wished that he and his 'window lickers' [his words] were not associated with the club. I had some sympathy with that view..

He also observed that whenever the telly interviews women in Portsmouth they always go for the ones with 'pickle stickers'... anyone heard that phrase before? :-)
    'window licker'

'pickle sticker'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenilworthy View Post
    I was at the Barnet game, ticking off the Hive. They were lucky to get a point. While their goal was splendid it was their only shot on goal in the entire game and their defence was frightened to death by Akinde. Away fans were noisy at the start but faded away until the equaliser, and who takes flares to a League Two game? Saw Newport against Carlisle earlier this season and I couldn't see any real gap in class between them and a team struggling to stay in the league.
    Newport's signing of Skate reject Ryan Bird seems inspired. Still adrift at the bottom but that guy is just another one who has blossomed away from Fratton - three goals in five games for a team that's won once in 12. There are so many Skate rejects improving when they leave there now it's getting silly.

Get the sick bucket ready 15 secs in, nice choice of caption.

https://youtu.be/rIeWXX6IQf4

Quote Originally Posted by The9 View Post
    Newport's signing of Skate reject Ryan Bird seems inspired. Still adrift at the bottom but that guy is just another one who has blossomed away from Fratton - three goals in five games for a team that's won once in 12. There are so many Skate rejects improving when they leave there now it's getting silly.
    I was thinking this the other day, after seeing Akinde's scoring record at Barnet. Anyone got a list of players that have left in the last few years, that have gone on prosper for other clubs? Sonny Bradley & Ricky Holmes also leap to mind.

Apparently it's their end

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Balls View Post
    Apparently it's their end

Ah yes Alex. He's always good for a nibble on twitter.

His display picture for a while was him wearing a skate shirt standing outside St Mary's.

Hahaha, is that **** still obsessed with us? He blocked me years ago for mocking that cringeworthy #PompeyGers thing he was trying to sort out which mainly involved him giving Rangers fans rimjobs on Twitter.

Alex Read, without doubt the biggest melt ever seen on Twitter. Feel sorry for his kid, what a helmet.

Ah yes Alex. He's always good for a nibble on twitter.

His display picture for a while was him wearing a skate shirt standing outside St Mary's.
    Probably a selfie taken at 3am on a Sunday morning.

He was also coming up with Portsmyths like how they took more fans on their brief European adventure than we did to Milan. Turns out they didn't.