2001 15.115

2000 15.132

1999 15.133

1998 15.159

1997 15.105

1996 14.822

1995 14.689

1994 14.764

You managed it! We're only 1500 off your last 'Skip' average attendance and you were in the top flight then!

Pot & kettle yet again........

I think you might have missed out a crucial point of his argument, which if done on purpose makes you look fairly stupid, if done unwittingly makes you look both naive and stupid.

Ah, the old 'Thousands were locked out of every home game' myth. Even if true, clubs building new grounds gain thousands of extra bums on seats due to better facilities and a general feel-good factor that a new ground generates....

Why do we always end up calling you stupid ??? Do you do it deliberately or are you a bit thick??

Okay I'll bite. The Dell had a capacity of just over 15,000 so those figures show just how well we were supported

Average attendance for the blue few (capacity of over 20,000)

1991–92 11,789

1992–93 13,706

1993–94 11,692

1994–95 8,629

1995–96 9,503

1996–97 8,723

1997–98 11,149

1998–99 11,956

1999–00 13,906

2000–01 13,707

Edited by dingbattigger

Ah, the old 'Thousands were locked out of every home game' myth. Even if true, clubs building new grounds gain thousands of extra bums on seats due to better facilities and a general feel-good factor that a new ground generates....

LOL.

You really are thick as pig sh1t!

Some might say an 'A typical' skate fan, but I think that does the rest of your mongs a wild injustice.

Absolutely, just ask Coventry....

I am guessing you are deliberately ignoring the difference between low attendance due to capacity and low attendance despite higher capacity.

I've come to the conclusion that pfc123 is a nothing more than a 'poor man's Ho.' His wind-ups just aren't of the same level. Just a simple selection of distorted facts not worthy of debate.

Ho, on the other hand is truly a master of the art.

His meticulously researched, verbosely worded mazes of half-truth and disregard for the evidence are beautiful in their own way. His enduring ability to pick-pick-pick away at some tiny error whilst ignoring the elephant in the room, his constant desire to set himself up to be proven wrong a dozen times a day, his sheer stamina to produce so much meaningless waffle that I actually, after reading every word of nearly nine-hundred pages of this thread, have started skipping whole sections is truly on a whole higher plane of trolling.

It is a fine line between genius and hat-stand barking obsessive bonkersness.

Apologies if already mentioned:

Lithuanian Bank Snoras in admin, majority shareholder Vladimir Antonov.

http://www.zolfocooper.com/publications/europe-media-statement-regarding-ab-bankas-snoras

LOL.

Now that's not good news. Pretty sure the corpse said that they were gonna use the bank they own to fund the new toilet and the light bulbs they needed.

Where is the money coming from now? Maybe they need a new ice cream man fake sheik?

I've come to the conclusion that pfc123 is a nothing more than a 'poor man's Ho.' His wind-ups just aren't of the same level. Just a simple selection of distorted facts not worthy of debate.

Ho, on the other hand is truly a master of the art.

His meticulously researched, verbosely worded mazes of half-truth and disregard for the evidence are beautiful in their own way. His enduring ability to pick-pick-pick away at some tiny error whilst ignoring the elephant in the room, his constant desire to set himself up to be proven wrong a dozen times a day, his sheer stamina to produce so much meaningless waffle that I actually, after reading every word of nearly nine-hundred pages of this thread, have started skipping whole sections is truly on a whole higher plane of trolling.

It is a fine line between genius and hat-stand barking obsessive bonkersness.

Well said that man.

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Apologies if already mentioned:

Lithuanian Bank Snoras in admin, majority shareholder Vladimir Antonov.

http://www.zolfocooper.com/publications/europe-media-statement-regarding-ab-bankas-snoras

LOL.

Hardly surprising.

I've said all along, that toilet will be the death of them. Largesse on that scale simply can't be justified in today's economic reality.

My apologies gang. Things are really busy down here at the moment, lawyers, contracts and compliance so I dropped the ball the past couple of days.

Anyway, pencils sharpened, "hacking software" rolled out on suitably baited hooks. Let's see what it reels in while I'm offline at SMS over the weekend.

COYS

It is actually worse than the article at the top of the page suggests...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/16/lithuania-snoras-takeover-idUSS3E7KT00320111116

The central bank said it had found irregularities.

"The decision was taken due to a risk of insolvency and possible criminal activity," said central bank governor Vitas Vasiliauskas.

"During an inspection we have found that a significant amount of securities held at foreign institutions were missing. When we asked those foreign insitutions about the securities, they replied that they did not exist," he said.

Some more links.

http://verslas.delfi.lt/business/valstybe-nacionalizavo-snora.d?id=51825919

(Once translated from Lithuanian) this confirms that the bank has been nationalised because its assets appear to have been overvalued, and includes the following: "It aims to examine the Bank of Lithuania to the information about possible criminal offenses"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/16/lithuania-snoras-problems-idUSS3E7KT00220111116

Apparently the bank is insolvent - its debts exceed its assets.

Overvalued assets? Trading insolvently? Possible criminal offences? Sounds familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Over on the skate forum they seem to think it'll be like the UK bank bail out, and the bankers (Antonov) will be ok. Nope. This is a nationalisation and Antonov's stake (as a shareholder) is now worthless. How much has he lost (on paper)? Based on the info below at the following link...

http://www.snorasgroup.com/index.php/investor-relations/information-on-shares/106

... about £125m (as at Oct 2010). There goes the new stadium!

Will there be an impact on the skates? Maybe. Clearly Antonov is not worth as much as he thought. Not to mention accusations of criminal acts. And what are the chances his other bank is heavily exposed to Snoras?

Where things would really get interesting is if there are any ties between Snoras and CSI. Do we actually know who owns CSI?

... and how the f*ck are a club averaging 13k gates going to ever be able to finance even a flat pack stadium at £100 million, let alone the Harbourdrome Arena at £500-700 million?

You managed it! We're only 1500 off your last 'Skip' average attendance and you were in the top flight then!

We spent £30m odd on a stadium and ultimately couldn't even pay for that. Can't see anyone lending Portsmouth £100 at the moment, let alone £100m.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/16/lithuania-snoras-takeover-idUSS3E7KT00320111116

"The decision was taken due to a risk of insolvency and possible criminal activity," said central bank governor Vitas Vasiliauskas.

"During an inspection we have found that a significant amount of securities held at foreign institutions were missing. When we asked those foreign insitutions about the securities, they replied that they did not exist," he said.

Another mirage in the skate wastelands?

You really couldn't make this up!

Just wondering what the ho makes of this.

Saint Si - rather than quote the very interesting information above - here's a question you, and / or maybe others, might be able to answer.

Can the FL revisit the FAPP test? If so could CSI be politely told they can't own the club after all?

while doing a search on Google for the FAPP test this photo popped up

Portsmouth-fans-protest-012.jpg

own up, who photo-shopped the banner at the back ? :lol:

thanks for the offer Gemmell but as Ho will tell you, I waste far too much of my life on this thread without having 24/7 access! :)

Well that is a bombshell today, and the FSA will be chuckling to themselves after pointing out all these issues a while back.

And for View from the Top, I think the general feeling is that one of pompey's fit and proper owners has just been shown up to be worth very little, it appears that he has been linked to criminal activity, and one of his businesses is facing accusations of fraud.

Apart from that he's doing okay.

On the surface this looks like quite a significant blow to CSI's street cred, I look forward to some spin telling us otherwise.

Meanwhile pompey have had to cough up something to Spurs over Begovic today - their reluctant but unavoidable delayed payment is being promoted as a positive move by the new owners to renew their relationship with Spurs - sadly I think any dealing with Redknapp could be seen as unwise at the moment.

How long before Appleton asks what on earth is going on? Cotterill must ring him and just laugh down the phone most days.

Plenty more laughs.

A complete whooossh moment, or given the benefit of the doubt a complete tangent - has absolutely nothing to do with the point that you missed, and is not a point that I would have raised - because it is not true.

I really can't be arsed to put you back on track - I just don't have the time or inclination anymore.

shhh a minute, is that the sound of reindeer and a fat man in a red coat repeatedly muttering the name of our troll. Christmas must be arriving early!

SFC Average league attendance 1994-2001:

2001 15.115

2000 15.132

1999 15.133

1998 15.159

1997 15.105

1996 14.822

1995 14.689

1994 14.764

Or capacity or close to it every game...you really are not very bright are you?

An interesting quote from the pedg link

The U.K.’s Financial Services Authority denied Snoras permission to operate in Britain because the bank’s executives withheld information, calling the tactic “an ongoing pattern of behavior by institutions controlled by Mr. Antonov” in a February 2009 statement.

without a doubt, modern and new facilities will put extra bums on seats. To keep them there you need success and a decent team.As per Coventry the bright new stadia is still pretty empty and so paying for it becomes a burden. Pompey missed the boat when they were in the PL when they should have targeted the new ground ahead of 100k pw centre forwards. Ok the fans did get a tremendous time, but as time goes by the memories fade and the JCL's drift away again.

As for the bank folding and Anatovs apparent problems how will the FL dress up their new rigorous FPPT?

after reading the business news can there be anyone out there who still thinks that pompey are in safe hands?

We've had all the mafia stuff and the money-laundering accusations, sometimes these things are overplayed.

But now we even know where the dirty money is going to come from.

The professional business credibility of this russian is like the driver's door of his Porsche, shot to bits.

I still find it difficult to believe that they have managed to find worse owners at every takeover, but if they win at Watford everything will be rosy in the garden.

It's a funny old game.

An interesting quote from the pedg link

The U.K.’s Financial Services Authority denied Snoras permission to operate in Britain because the bank’s executives withheld information, calling the tactic “an ongoing pattern of behavior by institutions controlled by Mr. Antonov” in a February 2009 statement.

Oh dear and here we go again - I almost feel sorry for them

Snoras is 68.1 percent-owned by Vladimir Antonov, a 36- year-old Russian who resides primarily in London and is the controlling shareholder of Portsmouth Football Club, with a 75 percent stake.

The central bank acted after Snoras “began moving funds to offshore accounts” this week, Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius said in a radio interview with Ziniu Radijas today.

Um!!! I wonder if that has happend before, by anyone mentioned on here!

Oh dear and here we go again - I almost feel sorry for them

Fitz in light of the above statement by the FSA highlighting the "ongoing pattern of behavior" of Mr Antonovs "institutions", where does this leave the FA ?,how can they claim not to have known about the FSA,s Red Light on this character.They have now been made to look incompetent.As for feeling sorry for them in this season of goodwill! NO CHANCE.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})