Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Apparently, it's now an advantage to them to be crap, because they're not special anymore, no other teams will be upping their games just because it's Pompey, allowing them to sneak in under the radar and get promoted anyway, or some such utter rubbish.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-can-hopefully-fly-under-the-promotion-radar-now-that-not-many-people-probably-fancy-us-1-9191279

Apparently, it's now an advantage to them to be crap, because they're not special anymore, no other teams will be upping their games just because it's Pompey, allowing them to sneak in under the radar and get promoted anyway, or some such utter rubbish.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-can-hopefully-fly-under-the-promotion-radar-now-that-not-many-people-probably-fancy-us-1-9191279

Lol read the article and noticed '

and achieving things at PO4 over the remainder of the season.' even the postcode shows our win lol

Quality tweet from Andrew Moon Skate chief reporter

BREAKING: #Pompey have unveiled their plans for the new Milton End

*45% increase in capacity, up to 3200

*Brings total Fratton Park capacity to 2000

*Refurbished and enhanced roof

*Additional concourse area

*New covered disabled seating

I love the new capacity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe that they are considering rebuilding that stand, but still leaving pillars in place (to hold the roof up) that obstruct the views of those in the stand. I can't think of any other new stands built in the last 30 years that have pillars in the way.

I can't believe that they are considering rebuilding that stand, but still leaving pillars in place (to hold the roof up) that obstruct the views of those in the stand. I can't think of any other new stands built in the last 30 years that have pillars in the way.

Recycling.

is it me, or does the `redesign' simply mean the widening of the open concourse behind the stand, plus some mock tudor entrances with roofs? It doesn't look like a new stand is being built, just a touch up here and there. They still have the pillars blocking the view. Laughable. It's hard to see where has the increased capacity come from? Mind you, the 45% increase is ********. It held 2800 previously, so this massive redevelopment is adding 400 seats (15% increase) and a disabled section. Impressive.

It looks like they have given up on buying every house on Alverstone Road.

Isnt it a good move having pillars in the way obstructing the view, they will get a premium for those seats lol

All contingent on the council investing massive amounts of money to upgrade transport links for the thousands of fans desperate to watch Pompey who can't currently be accommodated in Fratton Park, of course.

Ah yes, the `get out clause' enabling Eisner to keep his cash in his pocket for a while longer. Maybe time to get Donna Jones in for another bit of `consultancy'. Her dual role of Shiite Park Expansion Consultant and PCC leader can surely help here somehow. Perhaps she and the other councillors haven't been made aware that PFC generates £20m for the local economy every Saturday.

Blackpool is the only I can think of and that is a temporary-permanent stand I believe. Bescott Stadium has them IIRC and that stadium is around 30 years old.

That looks awful and all for 400 seats. No doubt the toilets and other facilities will continue to be in keeping with the Edwardian period character of the ground. Meanwhile the two main stands continue to be hazards, the like of which mostly disappeared by the Millennium and many after the Taylor Report. For anyone on here who has been undercover (I couldn't face it personally) is the Fratton End as the only semi-modern stand any better on that front? Even that looks tatty from the back.

I didn't know where to highlight this, but if any of you need Hagiology Press's latest book, why not order it from here:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/jan/15/twitter-brings-1000-pounds-worth-of-orders-to-empty-bookshop

Perhaps PFC need to emulate the use of social media.. Let the jokes commence..

Notice that they didnt put one image of him in his weekend attire! Normally he cant wait to be pictured in it

Notice that they didnt put one image of him in his weekend attire! Normally he cant wait to be pictured in it

He featured on BBC South Today, yesterday teatime and was dressed down but still in blue and the top hat. Also mentioned in the DT no less.

I see the pikey thieving bastards down the road have stolen another away win,:smug: (Jacket out)
Oh bugger you've returned, I had an accumulator of you Shergar and Lord Lucan all showing up at the same time, all laid if Pompey went on a long winning streak. Therefore I didnt expect to hear from you again!

I suppose a win to could seen as a long winning run with your lot.

The only way I want to see them out of Div 3 is downwards, but not much hope of that unless they can get caught out with dodgy finances or something.

Maybe Eisener will discover that they can't threaten to up sticks should the local council not pay for the new stadium infrastructure, like they do in the US, and decide to sell the club back to the fans. With creased tablecloths at the ready, the fans then announce exciting plans to spend less on the team and more on the new stadium. Unfortunately, they get the balance wrong and the team starts to struggle. Relegation to Division 4 eventually follows despite the reappointment of the flat fish whisperer Paul Cook.

Blackpool rebuilt stand 4 on the cheap and it has pillars, the other 3 sides are basically mini St Mary's.

Can't remember if Walsall has pillars at Bescot but I think it does, another near the 30 year mark, the 30 year cutoff rules out Glanford Park by a couple of years which is annoying.

Exeter may also have done this but not in either of their two most recently rebuilt stands.

That's enough of that anyway, they did well just putting a roof on it and refurbing the loos 3 years ago - I thought the big Saints logo in the away loos was a bit much tbf, it wasn't there for Newport County's numerous League 2 away wins.

No mention of the EFL Trophy? Still the worst boycott ever, they're in the semis again, if Newport beat Leicester U21s and then Salford and the Skates see off Exeter I might get a really weird third trip to Wembley in three years to see Newport play (as well as the three trips to see Saints). Though as I'm barely even paying attention to the EFL and FA Cups, never mind the EFL Trophy...

Blackpool rebuilt stand 4 on the cheap and it has pillars, the other 3 sides are basically mini St Mary's.

The east stand at Bloomfield Road is one of those permanent "temporary" structures, it was erected to comply with the regulations of the Premier League. Before being given the Order of the Boot, the Oystons were trying to gain additional land along Back Henry Street so as to continue the development of that side of the ground in similar form to the other 3 sides.

No mention of the EFL Trophy? Still the worst boycott ever, they're in the semis again, if Newport beat Leicester U21s and then Salford and the Skates see off Exeter I might get a really weird third trip to Wembley in three years to see Newport play (as well as the three trips to see Saints). Though as I'm barely even paying attention to the EFL and FA Cups, never mind the EFL Trophy...
They playing Exeter? oh I might get some free tickets as Ryan Bowman is a family friend.

FFS, how many years is it now that you have managed to dodge a propper pot?:facepalm::smug:
Less years than a football club from Portsmouth have won one without cheating.

(Assuming we're talking about the previous football club that used to play at fratton park rather than the current one with only 8 years of history behind it, of course)

Next.

Edited by trousers

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})