Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Something I found on the internet. Do with it as you will....

http://www.network54.com/Forum/544078/thread/1383686521/last-1384545431/scummers

Another myth, that Pompey had a WWI Pals battalion.

I've read more than 100 books on The Great War and nowhere does it mention the Pompey Pals.

They've simply appropriated the Hampshire Regiment, and decided unilaterally that it consisted wholly of cannon fodder from the Septic Isle and decided it was the Pompey Pals in the hope that if they keep telling this lie enough, people will eventually believe it.

My paternal grandmother lost her first husband in the WWI trenches and he served in the Hampshire Regiment and was from Southampton.

Another myth, that Pompey had a WWI Pals battalion.

I've read more than 100 books on The Great War and nowhere does it mention the Pompey Pals.

They've simply appropriated the Hampshire Regiment, and decided unilaterally that it consisted wholly of cannon fodder from the Septic Isle and decided it was the Pompey Pals in the hope that if they keep telling this lie enough, people will eventually believe it.

My paternal grandmother lost her first husband in the WWI trenches and he served in the Hampshire Regiment and was from Southampton.

I served in Iraq, and in my squadron Saints fans outnumbered Pompey by 3 to 1. It is funny what people will make up in the name of proving that they are the bestest people from the bestest city.

Is that £11m "other debtors" the amount they owe to former players?

Debtors are people or companies that owe THEM money (hence my earlier confusion as to what could account for them being owed so much). The former players are creditors. Well, that's my understanding of corporate finances in a nutshell...I could be completely wrong of course :)

Something I found on the internet. Do with it as you will....

http://www.network54.com/Forum/544078/thread/1383686521/last-1384545431/scummers

Was this all before or after that terrible "docks strike"?

They really must be the most deluded bunch of cretins to walk this earth, they've spent far too long on that little fantasy island of theirs, this is what happens when inbreeding is allowed to get out of control.

Meanwhile, at the mighty AFC Wimbledon...

@pn_neil_allen: #Pompey 1-0 down at HT. Another awful, awful defensive mistake costly again. Not even looked like scoring at the other end.

:lol:

This must count as their local derby - straight up the A3 to Kingstonian's ground………..

Included in Debtors are £10282K "Football related debtors " and in Current Liabilities £4619K CVA Creditors which are secured on the debtors. The bank loan shown as £4m+ is the CVA Creditors, it is just that the Companies Register does not have a section to include these, so it places under Bank Loans.

I notice on the accounts that there is a contigent liability to pay another £3m purchcase price if returned to the PL by 30.6.22 and this is reduced to £1m if by 30.6.24 but we knew all about this.

I think Whittingham will get sacked after this.

As funny as them getting dicked by a side who were in non-league a couple of years ago may be, it's the sort of result that will make people in decision-making positions take note. I guess Whittingham's saving grace may be that they probably can't afford to sack him.

As funny as them getting dicked by a side who were in non-league a couple of years ago may be, it's the sort of result that will make people in decision-making positions take note. I guess Whittingham's saving grace may be that they probably can't afford to sack him.

They probably can't, and certainly couldn't afford to replace him with anyone decent - more likely they would give someone like David Connolly a go. Whilst I don't think they will go down they certainly are showing no signs of going up - the novelty value of being in L2 and a "fan owned club" (sic) this year will soon wear off and therefore next year attendances will fall, meaning income will decrease - there will be little investment possible in the team or already crumbling facilities. Typing that has just given me a warm glow.

is that a glorious victory to the world's top Phoenix club with a history of FA Cup success, or a savage defeat for the world's most deluded property-developing company?

I wouldn't know myself as me and my cowardly mates hid in the New Forest until the Germans were chased away by the plucky residents of portsea.

At least we now know that a single city won both world wars for us and saved the rest of the country. :scared:

And their sensible fans wonder why this thread still burns so brightly.

If they got rid of Whittingham, who the hell else would they get?

Warnock wouldn't go within a million miles of that place.

Actually he might do, he does the breakfast show on Talksport with Alan Brazil once a week and I caught him this week spouting the usual rubbish about the fans being the bestest - and he said that his one regret was that he could have had the pompey job under Mad Milan before Redflaps got offered it.

Still that was then and this is now, plummetng down Div 4 rather than having the proceeds of few million landmines to spend.

Hers some thought on the big screen experience today from the snooze - a comment noteworthy enough to be put here;

2 - So, I freezed my nuts off in the Fratton End watching a poor quality stream with no audio (what happened to the promised commentary!?) with about 100 other fans - mostly kids. The stream either cut out, or ran at a stop start speed (somebody nearby described it as somebody flipping a picture book), and to top it off, I ended up sitting behind a Wimbledon fan. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AGAIN!!!

Hers some thought on the big screen experience today from the snooze - a comment noteworthy enough to be put here;

2 - So, I freezed my nuts off in the Fratton End watching a poor quality stream with no audio (what happened to the promised commentary!?) with about 100 other fans - mostly kids. The stream either cut out, or ran at a stop start speed (somebody nearby described it as somebody flipping a picture book), and to top it off, I ended up sitting behind a Wimbledon fan. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AGAIN!!!

Genuine lolz!!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})