Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

One of them on The News site -

That was so painful to watch. I never thought if I lived to be a hundred that I'd see us lose at home to Torquay United.

Why on earth not? You're utterly appalling you deluded fools.

if there is any justice to be had, Torquay would be Pompeys cup final in the future

Skate on 606 - usual excuses ref had an awful match, Torquay only one shot all match. Blah blah blah.

The delusion is amazing.

According to some thick skate on Talk sport they are going to finish in mid table this year and will kick on next year keeping their good players and getting rid of the not so good ones.

Meanwhile in the real world you can get 10/1 on them being relegated with Corals. This will be a certainty if they go into administration before May.Fill your boots. These betting opportunities don't come around very often.

One of the drawbacks about having 'fans' as owners is that they have the same over the top reactions to games as any fan does.

Just seen one of their board member arguing with other fans on twitter and calling them 'dins'.

It's doomed long term.

And let's face it, they don't tend to have the brightest fans at the best of times.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

One of the drawbacks about having 'fans' as owners is that they have the same over the top reactions to games as any fan does.

Just seen one of their board member arguing with other fans on twitter and calling them 'dins'.

It's doomed long term.

Lol , it is so amateur . It's like a pub committee running a business. Although it will be a business running a pub team soon

"While the amount is confidential, it will help pay for maintenance of the stands. New electrics need to be fitted and steps running down to exits need realigning. "

Looks like plans for the hot dog stand courtesy of the Tesco deal have been shelved in favour of some new fuses and a stepladder...

Love the mention of the article of the £10m redevelopment, carefully placed to confuse the stupid and gullible into thinking that the Tesco deal might actually fund a large part of it.

"While the amount is confidential, it will help pay for maintenance of the stands. New electrics need to be fitted and steps running down to exits need realigning. "

Looks like plans for the hot dog stand courtesy of the Tesco deal have been shelved in favour of some new fuses and a stepladder...

Love the mention of the article of the £10m redevelopment, carefully placed to confuse the stupid and gullible into thinking that the Tesco deal might actually fund a large part of it.

What a waste of money. Talk about throwing your money down the drain!

The penny may be dropping for some of the phew:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/gulls-leave-sorry-blues-all-at-sea-1-5849968

6:15 PM on 01/02/2014

Our record under Barker is worse than it was under Whittingham. We made a mistake getting rid of Whittingham, who is doing really well at Crawley, and another one getting rid of Connolly, who is now playing well at Oxford.

:)Trading standards officers were called into Fratton Park as a complaint was made that they have a Victory Lounge, it will now be known as the Home defeat suite

On the other hand, some of them *still* think a L2 club coming to fatpipes is their cup final... go figure?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/barker-disappointed-by-pompey-showing-1-5849996

Blue Walter

7:36 PM on 01/02/2014

Torquay fans think they won because they were the more competitive side. Must say I agree with that. They enjoyed their day out and thought it was a great atmosphere and strange to see such a large crowd at a League 2 game. This is one of the problems for us. Others clubs love coming to Fratton and both team and supporters up their game for the visit. This was Torquay's biggest away following for years and one they looked forward to since the beginning of the season. Some have said who would have thought they would see their team play at Fratton Park in a league game.

Why the hell can't our players take on board what our opponents think about coming to Fratton and pretend they are the away team on a big day out?

Have to share this. I play football in Winchester District div 2 and one of the lads in the team has made himself unavailable as he has been offered a trial for P****y. He is 21, so possibly a bit old, and I don't think his ability, while a good player, doesn't go much higher than local leagues. His trial has come about because his mum is friends with one of the board of directors. Times must be getting hard for our fishy friends if this is their recruitment policy

Have to share this. I play football in Winchester District div 2 and one of the lads in the team has made himself unavailable as he has been offered a trial for P****y. He is 21, so possibly a bit old, and I don't think his ability, while a good player, doesn't go much higher than local leagues. His trial has come about because his mum is friends with one of the board of directors. Times must be getting hard for our fishy friends if this is their recruitment policy

It is indeed a policy, that wasn't an accident, chance or mistake, it's how the recruit:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/barker-wants-scouting-system-in-place-1-5787603

"Catlin revealed Pompey explore every avenue when it comes to looking at players – even following up tip-offs from fans."

nice to see they are planning ahead for the 2015/2016 season

They have been unlucky.

Buy a club riddled with ENORMOUS debt, sell season tickets so cheap that you cripple your cashflow, appoint a crap manager and there you are all set to rip up the division.

As long as you don't pay over the top for a dodgy keeper or ship out the only quality player in the squad it's a great plan - what could go wrong?

They have been unlucky.

Buy a club riddled with ENORMOUS debt, sell season tickets so cheap that you cripple your cashflow, appoint a crap manager and there you are all set to rip up the division.

As long as you don't pay over the top for a dodgy keeper or ship out the only quality player in the squad it's a great plan - what could go wrong?

I do hope they will be able to keep warm with their pompey dream after their tatty timber tabernacle has mysteriously burned down in a last-ditch attempt to claim the fire insurance.

If only they could afford fire insurance.

#potlesspompey

I do hope they will be able to keep warm with their pompey dream after their tatty timber tabernacle has mysteriously burned down in a last-ditch attempt to claim the fire insurance.

If only they could afford fire insurance.

#potlesspompey

It ok they will blame the fire on Sam Dingle.

Will this get to 10,000 posts before they go onto admin 5 or what ever number they are at.

I'd say this thread's position as top candidate for being first past 100 000 posts on saintsweb is probably secure :D

I think the real challenge is whether #p!sspoorportsmouth can manage to stay in business at all for another 12 months

They have been unlucky.

Nah, they've been incredibly lucky.....where's their -10 points?

On the other hand, some of them *still* think a L2 club coming to fatpipes is their cup final... go figure?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/barker-disappointed-by-pompey-showing-1-5849996

Blue Walter

7:36 PM on 01/02/2014

Torquay fans think they won because they were the more competitive side. Must say I agree with that. They enjoyed their day out and thought it was a great atmosphere and strange to see such a large crowd at a League 2 game. This is one of the problems for us. Others clubs love coming to Fratton and both team and supporters up their game for the visit. This was Torquay's biggest away following for years and one they looked forward to since the beginning of the season. Some have said who would have thought they would see their team play at Fratton Park in a league game.

Why the hell can't our players take on board what our opponents think about coming to Fratton and pretend they are the away team on a big day out?

They are so stupifyingly delusional !

The only thing that the away fans look forward to is seeing their own team put in place a team that still is full of arrogance and its own self importance. As for the fact that they might be in awe of going to F***** P**** I would think it is more about curiosity to see a rusty decaying old folly.

They have been unlucky.

What's all this nonsense about 'enormous debt' ?

I'm certain that the chairman ( Champagne Ian McInnes) declared to the world that they were 'debt free' !

Something does not add up here , I'm very disturbed at this sudden turn in their fortunes :)

What's all this nonsense about 'enormous debt' ?

I'm certain that the chairman ( Champagne Ian McInnes) declared to the world that they were 'debt free' !

Something does not add up here , I'm very disturbed at this sudden turn in their fortunes :)

I think that MCInnes is going to have to dip into his pocket so many times to keep the 'dream' alive he has asked to be called Asti Spumante MCInnes

Bowers, the mission is not complete. Agent Connolly still has the best part of a year and a half on his contract.

I would love to see Connolly return from Oxford the day after the season ends, so he can enjoy his summer paid for by the bank of :mcinnes: & Co.

And then another League 2 season on the books after that, as long as he can play a minor part in 1 in every 10 matches the contract stands firm, as he technically fulfils his promise to terminate his contract if he is unfit for too long!

The bestest villain in world football

Assuming the DFCSBs stay up this year.

Nah, they've been incredibly lucky.....where's their -10 points?

Exactly. They should have been Mawhinneyed, and now lying at least 7 points adrift of safety. Anyway, there's a chance they'll go down without the FL's help, and maybe start life in the sKrill league next year on minus-a-lot (and with parachute payments disappearing in the rear view mirror).

Nutjob heaven, and the 100,000 milestone a formality.

:D :poundit:

Exactly. They should have been Mawhinneyed, and now lying at least 7 points adrift of safety. Anyway, there's a chance they'll go down without the FL's help, and maybe start life in the sKrill league next year on minus-a-lot (and with parachute payments disappearing in the rear view mirror).

Nutjob heaven, and the 100,000 milestone a formality.

:D :poundit:

Meanwhile, #factlessallen has let slip just how 'massive' #potlessportsmouth have become:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/the-talented-teenage-trio-assured-they-are-pompey-s-future-1-5848853

"The talented teenage trio assured they are Pompey’s future

A Skrill Premier performer, a crocked left-back and a fringe Academy player."

WTFILN :lol:

Meanwhile, #factlessallen has let slip just how 'massive' #potlessportsmouth have become:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/the-talented-teenage-trio-assured-they-are-pompey-s-future-1-5848853

When will the sad hack realise that there is a difference between a sentence and a paragraph?

It appears nepotism is alive and well at the Awful Andy Awford Acadamy,

What relation is Nick Awford to Andy

Son,

Brother,

Sister,

Father,

Mother,

All of the above?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})