Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

What is Neil Allen doing to my language? What does this drivel even mean?

The clock pinpointed 56 minutes during the seventh league match of the 2018-19 campaign at the mid-September stage.

Certainly such sturdy self-assurance during a season’s formative steps was a little hasty from a Posh faithful numbering more than 10,000 for a home league match for more than five years.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/peterborough-1-portsmouth-2-neil-allen-s-match-report-1-8636602

What is Neil Allen doing to my language? What does this drivel even mean?

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/peterborough-1-portsmouth-2-neil-allen-s-match-report-1-8636602

Is he still plying his trade on that local rag? Given his unbounding journalistic talents I'd have expected him to have been snapped up by one of the high brow national publications by now. Such an injustice...

Top of the league
About bloody time. We've been waiting far too long for the laughs and giggles awaiting us nutjobs when they have to start competing with some decent football teams in the Championship rather than the tinpot opponents they've struggled against since their inception 6 years ago (yes, that 6 years of struggle has been equally amusing but it's time now to move on to new chortle territory)

About bloody time. We've been waiting far too long for the laughs and giggles awaiting us nutjobs when they have to start competing with some decent football teams in the Championship rather than the tinpot opponents they've struggled against since their inception 6 years ago (yes, that 6 years of struggle has been equally amusing but it's time now to move on to new chortle territory)

Trolleys,,, you gave us this s**t when we clawed our way out of league 2.:rolleyes:

Another blot on the night for Southampton was the occasional booing of Brighton’s Gaëtan Bong by an idiot minority, presumably a relic of the racism allegation levelled at the former Southampton favourite Jay Rodriguez when a West Bromwich Albion player last season. It was a few and fleeting but sad and audible.

Another blot on the night for Southampton was the occasional booing of Brighton’s Gaëtan Bong by an idiot minority, presumably a relic of the racism allegation levelled at the former Southampton favourite Jay Rodriguez when a West Bromwich Albion player last season. It was a few and fleeting but sad and audible.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/pompey-had-fourth-highest-number-of-racist-incidents-on-trains-1-6650607

Must have been good for you to watch top flight football on a Monday night !

It was more than a few, and I can't say I'm surprised given that the allegation was clearly pure fantasy to begin with, though not quite sure why our fans would be bothered.

They'd have been miles better off singing about how much his breath stinks though. "We can smell your breath from here" would have been much more appropriate.

This is a living nightmare for them - they've spent six years moaning about the Premier League, celebrating their distance from it and boasting how proper football in League Two is brilliant.

Now here they are knocking on the door of the Champions' League and threatening to lose all the goodwill generated by playing the likes of Fleetwood and Barnet every other week.

Disney Boy needs to put the brakes on and maintain the gloriously plucky lower league status that everyone says they love...and when Sky come offering £150m they can tell them where to stick their dirty cash!

They gotta go up this year, or trouble on the horizon once more. Basically new ground hinges on being in championship. Could be a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fake news. And no I've not just popped up coz we are doing ok. I browse this thread for the chuckles.

Luckily for them Peterborough also lost.

I think on paper Sunderland and Barnsley have stronger squads, so hopefully it won't be too long before they drop down out of the promotion places, especially once the injuries/suspensions hit and their quality over quantity policy bites them on the arse.

Fake news. And no I've not just popped up coz we are doing ok. I browse this thread for the chuckles.
you have no balls Mero, you cant face any form of derision or mickey taking. You have a long history of only showing up if Pompey are doing well. Apparently you wont let anyone on your site who show any negatives. Sad really as Im sure you're a decent person.

Come on here when you are on a bad run , take the punches and you will get respect. Take a leaf out of Mackrills book,

you have no balls Mero, you cant face any form of derision or mickey taking. You have a long history of only showing up if Pompey are doing well. Apparently you wont let anyone on your site who show any negatives. Sad really as Im sure you're a decent person.

Come on here when you are on a bad run , take the punches and you will get respect. Take a leaf out of Mackrills book,

Members on TPF do not want you lot on there. I run the board for them. Any pompey fans can come on and be negative and there are a few of them that rile people but they do not get banned unless they do not abide by board rules and behave in an adult manner.

Am quite happy to take critisism. We've still not a lot to shout about and the less said about the previous incarnation of the club the better. It is what it is.

Still here lol. Can't go all season unbeaten. We go again. On our way back to our rightful place......in the championship lol

I reckon you'll make the play-offs, I think looking at some of the other teams like Sunderland they just have a bit more strength in depth, as well as deeper pockets. On paper, you have a decent first 11 that can match any team but injuries and suspensions might cause a bit of a problem as the games start coming thick and fast.

Members on TPF do not want you lot on there. I run the board for them. Any pompey fans can come on and be negative and there are a few of them that rile people but they do not get banned unless they do not abide by board rules and behave in an adult manner.

Am quite happy to take critisism. We've still not a lot to shout about and the less said about the previous incarnation of the club the better. It is what it is.

Fair play as you are a very new club and your only trophy is the promotion from L2 unless you want to include your cheating success from the "previous incarnation" as most of you do whilst

air brush the tax dodging, child maiming owner, ripped off local business and unpaid player wages... etc, etc

For my sins, I work down that way and have quite a few friends with a fishy persuasion. They’ve been so quiet the last 5/6 years. Stopped going to Fratton. Hardly ever mentioning the football. How they fell out of love with the game. How money has ruined football. Taking up golf etc.

But now, my god they won’t shut up about how they’ll take 6 points off us next season (probably right) and how they’re on their way back to the PL to take it by storm!

Couldn’t make it up.

For my sins, I work down that way and have quite a few friends with a fishy persuasion. They’ve been so quiet the last 5/6 years. Stopped going to Fratton. Hardly ever mentioning the football. How they fell out of love with the game. How money has ruined football. Taking up golf etc.

But now, my god they won’t shut up about how they’ll take 6 points off us next season (probably right) and how they’re on their way back to the PL to take it by storm!

Couldn’t make it up.

Far as i know you cant get promoted from League 1 to PL

Far as i know you cant get promoted from League 1 to PL

They can. Their world famous atmosphere can secure double promotion for them. The pure intimidation of 19k fans (that sound like 100k, remember) will shock the Earth to its very core making way for 2 promotions in 1 season. Another record to beat the scummers with.

In all seriousness, there are some (not all tbf) that believe promotion this season is secured and they’ll just do what we did and get promoted again. Could happen, but they’re talking like it already has.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})