Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

In contrast with

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/15273628.Police_speak_to_Southampton_man_over_Portsmouth_stadium__bomb__tweet/

As for Stevens, Sheff Utd reportedly trippling his wages, we cannot afford that so we let him go and find a replacement. That is football.

In contrast with

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/15273628.Police_speak_to_Southampton_man_over_Portsmouth_stadium__bomb__tweet/

As for Stevens, Sheff Utd reportedly trippling his wages, we cannot afford that so we let him go and find a replacement. That is football.

there's morons at all clubs. To actually say in the family section made it even worse.

In contrast with

As long as no one was in the timber tabernacle it could only improve it surely.

Do Sheff utd not know that pfc are the biggestest club in the world, why would he want to leave that?... yep you are right, Money, the same reason he joined you

over others in the 4th division...

Anyone spot the skate in the Arsenal end last night? Was a scrawny teenage runt that looked embarrassed when his mates got him to take his hoodie off. Queue a load of abuse from the Itchen North and him getting taken away by stewards looking frankly ashamed of himself, seemed grateful to be led away. Weirdly his mates seemed to be joining in with the abuse given to him? Probably a student type that got stitched up for a dare or something.

Compare that with matey that rocked up to the Fratton end who went out swinging a few weeks back, typical Pompey, all mouth and no action....

They've been gifted that trophy really by Plymouth and Doncaster. They were 17 points behind in February!

Surely the worst three sides to go up for ages.

The story I heard in Newport on Saturday afternoon (before getting sh111111tfaced until 1am, what a day and up yours Doncaster), was that Doncaster's management told the players after they confirmed promotion that congratulations on getting their promotion bonus, but they weren't going to be getting the title-winning bonuses if they won the league. They then lost the next 4 matches.

As for the worst three sides, tbf they were comfortably the best three sides in the division all season long, only Exeter when on their 10-match winning run even came close. Oh, and Newport's for the last 12 games of the season, of which they won the required 7 - though ideally they should have lost by 15 more goals to Plymouth in the 6-1 humping on Easter Monday.

Not if you count our successes in the Southern league which was the equivalent of Div 3 prior to the Football league being expanded in the early 1920's

It was the equivalent of the Football League for about 5 years from 1900-1905 before the northern sides went professional and Arsenal decided to play against them instead of their southern peers, opening the door for the FL to go national gradually.

Hence the number of Southern League clubs in the FA Cup Final at the turn of the century - that thing about Spurs being "non-League is a bit misleading, they were playing in a league that was practically the equivalent standard, and Saints were winning it three years in a row in 1896-7, 1897-8 and 1898-9 (as well as losing two FA Cup Finals in 1900 and 1902 which would make the modern stats a bit more interesting). Spurs, Bristol City, Reading, Swindon, Millwall and Brighton all played in the top division at that time, with Watford, Brentford, Fulham and Wycombe all in the second tier by 1899 along with Thames Ironworks, the future West Ham.

Cook thinks the fans are a bunch of ****s. Got fed up with grief he got half way through the season and despite ending up champions and all ending well he won't have forgotten their ****ishness.

It has just dawned on me that thanks to their promotion, my occasional Newport County League Two tangents are no longer even remotely relevant. I'll try and get it out of my system by July 1st. Failing that, there's always the season after next. :D

Just catching up, currently wading through hundreds of posts. This is just like old times. :D

I wonder how many Mickey Mouse Club jokes I'll be able to count?

Licking Skate arses big time and (surprise, surprise !) they seem to be lapping it up :mcinnes:

:scared: That's an image I need to get out of my head.

It has just dawned on me that thanks to their promotion, my occasional Newport County League Two tangents are no longer even remotely relevant. I'll try and get it out of my system by July 1st. Failing that, there's always the season after next. :D

They've always helped us with our perspective from our dizzy heights, so have been most useful. I thought you were going to have Eastleigh as your local point of reference at one stage. Disparaging opinions of Portsmouth will always be welcome, from whatever level!

They've always helped us with our perspective from our dizzy heights, so have been most useful. I thought you were going to have Eastleigh as your local point of reference at one stage. Disparaging opinions of Portsmouth will always be welcome, from whatever level!

I shall hope Newport show up their poxy 80-something points for the guff it was next season. :D

That's obviously because Michael was the gunner in Markus's tank ;)

Highly doubtful that a Jewish guy would be doing that, particularly as the family had 16 members killed in the holocaust !

Ps. I realise that you were taking the p!ss, just saying though :)

The blue phew are saying that someone spotted Cook on holiday in Marbella who has said he's going nowhere. Apparently.

I thought they wanted Cook to go? Remember Paul Cook playing for Wigan (and Wolves). I reckon he'll go.

...he has pledged to form a heritage board which would protect the club's name, colours, badge and guard, while also preventing relocation to a ground more than 15 miles from Portsmouth city centre

That puts Woolston, Sholing.... and Northam perfectly in reach.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})