Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

As a small aside, this does look like being a good season for the south coast.

Saints will finish top half, got to Wembley and only just fell short in Europe.

Bournemouth will survive.

Brighton are on the verge of promotion, giving us six Premier south coast "sort-of derbies" next season.

Brighton to Bournemouth = 97 miles

Leeds to Newcastle = 97 miles

We believe in a sustainable fans owned club playing at the highest level and support the wider development of fans owned clubs.

The highest level that they are ever likely to achieve with fan ownership is the third division. The only way that there will be wider fan ownership is if other clubs follow them into near oblivion financially

The immediate priority of rebuilding the Milton End has been costed at about £3million. The Club’s most recent published accounts (to June 2016) showed £1.9m available cash. There is also approximately £1m held by the City Council for the Club from the Tesco development. So a new Milton End could be financed now with the resources available to the Club.

Or.... rather than boast about how much money you've got swilling about the place (for a Division 4 club), how about giving some of it back to the people that were shafted by the previous two dishonoured CVAs? No, thought not. #sameoldpompeyalwayscheating

I've always had a soft spot for Argyle, and am warming to them even more:

They really are the most deluded, arrogant and horrible set of fans I've ever come across. The town is a dump and is over run by Chavs. Was wearing my Argyle colours and got offered out at least 3 times to which I just laughed as they did nothing. Just a horrible place in general. They are in the shadow of Southampton on all levels really.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=99180&start=39

Didn't take them long to work the skates out.

I've always had a soft spot for Argyle, and am warming to them even more:

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=99180&start=39

Didn't take them long to work the skates out.

This is my favourite! :lol:

Pop1eye wrote: Plenty of seats? It was sold out at home weeks ago!

Ghost wrote: Was it fancy dress day then? 'Cause a lot of your fans went dressed as seats.

This is my favourite! :lol:

Pop1eye wrote: Plenty of seats? It was sold out at home weeks ago!

Ghost wrote: Was it fancy dress day then? 'Cause a lot of your fans went dressed as seats.

It was indeed showing as sold out on their website a month ago (unlike the Newport game and whoever else they've played at home since, both of which happened in between). I went on there to see how much they were charging for tickets as Newport's website hadn't even announced that six days before the game. :D

It is both strange and a sign of their financial and Fratton problems that even in a sell-out there's a perfectly functioning chunk of crumbling terrace in front of the tv portakabin that they can't use and have to pretend they need for segregation.

Oh, and to the person saying they'd like to see Saints score in front of the Fratton end, it's way more fun if they do it right in front of the away end (Newport have done that plenty of times in the past 4 years).

This Christian Burgess fella sound like a decent sort

Everyone in the Portsmouth dressing room has an opinion on Donald Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/13/portsmouth-christian-burgess-university-donald-trump-promotion-league-two?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Quite surprising how many Pompey players have been to uni, but I guess signing part time students is pretty cheap.

LOL. They're holding a flag that says 'were on our way' [Top Left corner]. I guess they were on their way until the child maimer decided he was taking his ball and going home.

'Est 1898' needs to be corrected as well ;)

It has been made by a group who proclaim to be under 5's though.

So, it could be the big day. The day they finally reach those lofty heights of League 1. There are over 50,000 heading up to Notts County apparently, with 300,000 watching on a massive screen on Southsea Common and thousands more in the Guildhall Square.

Meanwhile, they're unhappy at Eisner on twitter because he posted a picture of himself wearing an Atletico Madrid hat. He obviously didn't get the no-stripes memo.

How will they celebrate promotion? A party by the sea? Or a riot through the city?

We ain't f**kin there yet! Your forgetting it's the Scouse c**t who's masterminding this little sortie, un if you had a butchers at the guzz game, you would of seen why,

LOL. They're holding a flag that says 'were on our way' [Top Left corner]. I guess they were on their way until the child maimer decided he was taking his ball and going home.

'Est 1898' needs to be corrected as well ;)

Well, I probably live the closest so shall I go and tell them?

Was chatting to the barman in my sailing club yesterday. A Portsmouth supporter but a realistic one. He couldn't get a ticket for the game on Saturday, so we discussed the decrepit state of the ground, the reduced capacity and the cost of putting it right...

At last! Great news. Let's see how a "100% fan owned" club gets on in Division 3... Unless, of course, they sell their high and mighty principles to the first chap to come along waving a few dollars in their face...

Either way, a new chapter of hilarity beckons

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})