Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Saturday was a strange one for me. About 1pm a Skate goal came up on my Flash Score app.

This prompted me to first think they were playing in the FA Cup, then remembered they lost to a team from League Two. Then I wondered why they were kicking off early, then I assumed they'd won a League game and might even be in the playoffs. It wasn't until about 24 hours later that I noticed they were playing in the Checkatrade, which of course they were "boycotting" last season, ie just not very good in... and obviously they're not interested in winning it... :rolleyes:

Saturday was a strange one for me. About 1pm a Skate goal came up on my Flash Score app.

This prompted me to first think they were playing in the FA Cup, then remembered they lost to a team from League Two. Then I wondered why they were kicking off early, then I assumed they'd won a League game and might even be in the playoffs. It wasn't until about 24 hours later that I noticed they were playing in the Checkatrade, which of course they were "boycotting" last season, ie just not very good in... and obviously they're not interested in winning it... :rolleyes:

Going by the size of the crowd I don't think they were either

Have we finally got to critical mass? Not crap enough to be worth mocking but not good enough to be interested in what they're doing? There's barely a post on here from week to week now...
Not much chortle mileage in a 5 year old 3rd tier mid-table football club to be fair

For my sins I ventured to **** park on Saturday to see if the Shakers could turn them over, again. Sadly, bottom of the league Bury weren't up to the task, although there wasn't much in it. Woeful marking of Matt Clarke, probably the best player the skates have got, allowed a free header for the only goal of the game. First time I've seen a side, other than us, lose at their place. I'm usually a proper jinx.

By and large it was pretty dreadful. Bury only caused problems when Danny Mayor came on, who is a decent player - worth a look. Bury brought about 100 down and made little noise. The skates marginally louder. My friends thought I was surprisingly restrained, despite my best "**** off pompey, pompey **** off" throughout.

One minor thing of note, they appeared to have given the place a lick of paint. Perhaps paid for by the ridiculously overpriced £25 ticket price for away fans paying on the gate. ****ing hate handing them money...

Edited by Chez

Not sure if this has already been posted, but get ready for a lot of cringe.

my god football fans can be embarrassing.

The bit at the start in the car!!! Talk about the return of the 657, that is each of their IQ's. I assume it was the proud dad driving, yep lets kill everyone while I put my mask on while driving

Merry crimbo, pony fiddling feckers,

rite after sat-dee disappointment,(expected) today it's popcorn at the ready,,,

and we could have a change of move after the match, to (Night of the Long Knives,)

GM is gonna be chomping at the bit, sticking his ore in with the bring back my hero, s**t:D

Merry crimbo, pony fiddling feckers,

rite after sat-dee disappointment,(expected) today it's popcorn at the ready,,,

and we could have a change of move after the match, to (Night of the Long Knives,)

GM is gonna be chomping at the bit, sticking his ore in with the bring back my hero, s**t:D

and Dalek :smug:

Skates are looking at one of ours.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/jackett-still-keen-on-saints-defender-wood-1-8311935

or maybe not.

Kenny Jackett is keen to have another look at Southampton left-back Will Wood.

The left-back spent a day training with the Blues last month and is out of contract this summer.

The Pompey boss explained the 21-year-old would not be recruited, however, without him having a closer look at what he offers. Jackett said: ‘There hasn’t been anything with him yet.

'We want to add some good players if we can.'

Very little to discuss at the moment other than the odd defeat. Things wont get interesting until they make the championship and their superior spending power disappears. Then and only then will we get a chance to see how willing the owner is to `invest' to make it to the top flight. In the mean time here's another `mind the gap story' to help us feel superior during our own on field troubles: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/jackett-still-keen-on-saints-defender-wood-1-8311935

f****n real init,,we win n no c**t bovers posting,

we loose n you have to queue to get on hear,

av a appy new year my fellow football fans,8)

yep you don't even bother to post Mack. I was getting worried about you in case one of those Matloes had fallen in love with you and forced you into his kit bag. There again , I don't think the word forced would come into play

Even in our current state we would thrash them, absolutely no problem. Our League 1 team was better than their current League 1 team and their Premier League relegation team was worse than our current Premier League team (which may or may not get relegated). And that dreadful PL team beat our League 1 team 4-1.

The shrewd football fan chooses the correct time to laugh at others less fortunate, so I'll keep my powder dry for the mo....

But if anyone fears a closing of the gap, let's just remember that Eisner bought the entire club and its four year history for £5.6m.

Compare that with £75m for one player and it puts everything into context.

While we are clearly struggling in the Atlantic, the plucky minnows are currently flapping about in sixth - in a puddle.

Nick me old mate, still about just keeping low. i see it's panto time on the main board,

look's like they could rename it after a place in western Jerusalem,:lol:

The wailing wall, has nothing on the main board at present Mack. its bedlam, but understandably so. If we had stolen the Fa cup ,and all the star players for the success , like your lot, then it wouldn't be so bad, but doing it the hard way and then throwing it away is worse.

I started spreading the Redknapp Return rumour on Portsea about ten days ago, just for my own amusement - please tell me it's gone viral! :lol:

Rally! nawty boy, i nearly forked out for another years subscription to make sure i was in for some of this action,:poundit::D

A Charge Up the Leagues?? :lol:

Wasn't that about four seasons to get out of the basement?

#charge

Stand back, the Hype Machine is firing up again and targeting simpletons across the island - next step, some dull loan signing accompanied by the traditional template interview.

Massive club, great fans, sleeping giant, table tennis table, Tesco nearby, dock strike, SS tank driver, longest contract I've ever been offered on stupid wages, blah, blah, yawn, etc.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})