Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

New dishrags for the Portsea area launched. Amusingly they had a vote, and option A won all three. I'm thinking they may have been some shenanigans/system failure afoot.

Dubious navy third with pink trim. Because when you have a blue home kit, you need a navy third...

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/06/portsmouth-17-18-home-away-third-kits.html

All ****ing putrid! As are all of their other past snot rags

DCcSfpYXYAAjF7y.jpg

Pompey away to Cardiff in the League Cup, Surely they will take 80,000 to that.

Interestingly Charlton seem to have been drawn away to Exeter and at home to Cheltenham. Tough times.

Edited by Hatch

DCcSfpYXYAAjF7y.jpg

Pompey away to Cardiff in the League Cup, Surely they will take 80,000 to that.

Interestingly Charlton seem to have been drawn away to Exeter and at home to Cheltenham. Tough times.

Graphic arse-up, it's Oxford v Cheltenham and was drawn as such.

Draw not helped by:

1) Sound being inaudible on any stream

2) Facebook live feed cutting out after a few seconds (though the EFL.com feed pictures were fine)

3) Graphic mess up

4) Telegraph online live feed guy absolutely losing his sh*t, slating everything and anything and for some reason choosing to trawl twitter for the draw rather than looking for another feed.

FWIW I switched off immediately after Newport were drawn at home to Southend, which will get switched due to pitch works giving me one of the 10-ish league grounds I haven't been to yet on a plate.

Poor Rickie....would be nice if he stayed long enough to score against them.....and then tell Colin to do one!

He's not getting remotely close to Cardiff's first team, though if there's a time and place for using a third/fourth choice striker, against a lower league club at home in Round 1 of the League Cup is it...

FWIW a friend of mine who watches Cardiff can't believe he was ever a Premier League striker, I did mention that he was looking a bit past it a good year before we sold him and that was three years ago...

Edited by The9

He's not getting remotely close to Cardiff's first team, though if there's a time and place for using a third/fourth choice striker, against a lower league club at home in Round 1 of the League Cup is it...

FWIW a friend of mine who watches Cardiff can't believe he was ever a Premier League striker, I did mention that he was looking a bit past it a good year before we sold him and that was three years ago...

He still scored more than most of our forward players this last season though.

He still scored more than most of our forward players this last season though.

He scored 4 goals. In the Championship. Two of those were against Rotherham.

Sam Gallagher scored 12 goals in the same division for a team that got relegated.

As for our Premier League strikers in the league above...

Long scored 5 - more than Lambert (6 if you count the one for Ireland)

Rodriguez scored 6 - more than Lambert

Austin scored 9 - more than Lambert (and 11 in the same league as Lambert the season before)

Gabbiadini scored 6 - more than Lambert (plus another 5 for Napoli and one for Italy)

Redmond scored 8 - more than Lambert (plus 1 for England U21s)

That leaves Olomola and Seager, who I doubt anyone would consider "our forward players last season" if asked.

I'm going to go for "you're talking absolute cobblers by absolutely any measure of anything resembling reality".

Edited by The9

He scored 4 goals. In the Championship. Two of those were against Rotherham.

Sam Gallagher scored 12 goals in the same division for a team that got relegated.

As for our Premier League strikers in the league above...

Long scored 5 - more than Lambert (6 if you count the one for Ireland)

Rodriguez scored 6 - more than Lambert

Austin scored 9 - more than Lambert (and 11 in the same league as Lambert the season before)

Gabbiadini scored 6 - more than Lambert (plus another 5 for Napoli and one for Italy)

Redmond scored 8 - more than Lambert (plus 1 for England U21s)

That leaves Olomola and Seager, who I doubt anyone would consider "our forward players last season" if asked.

I'm going to go for "you're talking absolute cobblers by absolutely any measure of anything resembling reality".

You have completely misunderstood my point. I was referring to his last season at Saints. The post I replied to said he was past it even then.

You have completely misunderstood my point. I was referring to his last season at Saints. The post I replied to said he was past it even then.

I think you'll find the problem was your point being completely ambiguous. Anyway, you're still wrong if you consider time actually spent on the pitch rather than just goals from a players who had far fewer appearances:

Lambert in 2013/14 scored 14 goals in 39 starts (a goal every 2.78 games)

Austin 9 in 13 starts (a goal every 1.44 games, better than Lambert)

Gabbiadini 6 in 11 (a goal every 1.83 games, better than Lambert)

Rodriguez 6 in 16 starts (a goal every 2.66 games, better than Lambert)

Long scored 5 in his 19 starts (a goal every 3.8 games - and he got subbed off a LOT more than Lambert)

Redmond is the only player who played anywhere near the same number of games, he got 8 in his 39 games from out wide (a goal every 4.875 games).

I mean, it's not his fault he's old, but he was clearly on the decline from the time he hit the Premier League and it's no surprise that he's not doing much even in the league below now, there comes a point when your knees just can't adjust quickly enough any more. FWIW Rodriguez outscored him in 2013/14 as well.

Also, on the bright side, Gallagher might have some upside next season if he's outscored Austin from the season before in the Championship...

Edited by The9

Has RL still got a house in the area? I thought part of the reason for the move up North was family? Anyway, if he does join Eastleigh he should play more, and I think that's what he wants: it certainly won't be for the money. Eastleigh may get a few more bums on seats. And for all the talk of goals he had an underrated ability to bring other players into the game.

Has RL still got a house in the area? I thought part of the reason for the move up North was family? Anyway, if he does join Eastleigh he should play more, and I think that's what he wants: it certainly won't be for the money. Eastleigh may get a few more bums on seats. And for all the talk of goals he had an underrated ability to bring other players into the game.

He could probably still get away with standing completely still and passing to the runners at that level, but I can't see him binning off a year of Championship wages which he'll get whether Warnock wants him there or not, in order to get a much lower deal at Eastleigh - unless they plan on paying him more over 2 years than he'd get in the one year left on the Cardiff deal. Anyway, the important thing is that he's not signing for Portsmouth. :D

I think you'll find the problem was your point being completely ambiguous. Anyway, you're still wrong if you consider time actually spent on the pitch rather than just goals from a players who had far fewer appearances:

Lambert in 2013/14 scored 14 goals in 39 starts (a goal every 2.78 games)

Austin 9 in 13 starts (a goal every 1.44 games, better than Lambert)

Gabbiadini 6 in 11 (a goal every 1.83 games, better than Lambert)

Rodriguez 6 in 16 starts (a goal every 2.66 games, better than Lambert)

Long scored 5 in his 19 starts (a goal every 3.8 games - and he got subbed off a LOT more than Lambert)

Redmond is the only player who played anywhere near the same number of games, he got 8 in his 39 games from out wide (a goal every 4.875 games).

I mean, it's not his fault he's old, but he was clearly on the decline from the time he hit the Premier League and it's no surprise that he's not doing much even in the league below now, there comes a point when your knees just can't adjust quickly enough any more. FWIW Rodriguez outscored him in 2013/14 as well.

Also, on the bright side, Gallagher might have some upside next season if he's outscored Austin from the season before in the Championship...

Lol.

Well I'd still rather have had 2013 Rickie playing than JRod and Long this season. As we know, there was a lot more to his game than just goals, although his penalty skills alone would justify it.

There seems to be another Portsmyth going round on social media

DBghUEAXYAAtVnW.jpg

I can't find anywhere which confirms that this was actually said by Paisley. If anyone wants to prove me wrong than go ahead.

Nevertheless, the lengths the skates go to for self-gratification is astonishing. One perhaps could say embarrassing.

There's a thread briefly mentioning it here: https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=25559.0

Attendance was 32,021 ish in a season when Liverpool's average attendance was 44,586 and that was near capacity. http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/live.htm

League Cup 4th round, the Skates took about 15,000 (as you'd expect for a match where a third of the usual home crowd turned up and unallocated standing was still a thing, though of course back in the day lots games were pay on the day so it's probably a guess anyway).

So in the context of 2/3rds of the home team's fans not being interested in watching a 4th Division team in a foregone conclusion, and the manager being happy to patronise them, I suppose it could have been a thing that a nice bloke might have said.

FWIW the Skates' home average that season was 15,850 as they got promoted from the bottom division, so I dunno where the other 850 were. :D

It must be dawning on them how big a league they are in now. They start with a home game against Rochdale, face Wimbledon on Boxing Day and finish against Peterborough

Ah, the local derby up the A3 at Kingston-upon-Thames is something to look forward to once more. They don't come much bigger than that. A Boxing Dat treat!

Can anyone share a link with the old pfc liquidated replaced by the new incarnation?

want to wreck some skate hearts. Thanks in advance!

Well here's Portsmouth City FC's liquidation: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03747237 , but even that version only came from 1999, they've had so many admins.

The 2010 version is mentioned early in this document (warning 40 page pdf): "The sale of the business and its assets to PFC Realisations Limited, now named Portsmouth Football Club (2010) Limited (‘PFC10’), was completed on 24 October 2010" : https://www.uhy-uk.com/wp-content/uploads/Final-progress-report.pdf

The liquidation of PFC10 is mentioned here: https://www.accountancyage.com/aa/news/2262996/bdo-administrators-confirm-sale-of-portsmouth-fc

FWIW there's a "lovely" article about them forcing out the previous owner in 1999 here: https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3a+Pompey+chief+is+forced+out.-a060624417 which led to Mandaric taking over, and presumably the company name change of 1999.

BTW they went into admin/receivership owing HMRC £600k that time: https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3a+Portsmouth+Saved+By+Bank.-a060394252

one is a poly. No more needs to be said. I'll leave you to guess which.

Hmm, they seem to have overlooked the bit where they give the international rankings of the organisations in the same report:

Portsmouth 401-500th place

Southampton 121st

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/teaching-excellence-framework-tef-results-2017#survey-answer

So basically to the shock of no-one, people who spend most of their time achieving academic excellence for themselves, sometimes aren't as good at teaching it to others.

Edited by The9

Played golf with a Skate today and TBF, he was a nice guy but the discussion re. new managers was a bit surreal !

He knew of Jackett's track record , ergo, he will be fine...

He had never heard of Pellegrino, ergo, he is cr@p...

Anyway, I won the match so all was right, 'all was red and white' :)

So Wolves have let Jed Wallace go for less than they paid Pompey, and they'll get nothing out of their sell-on clause. Which is weird, wasn't he the nailed on England prospect who'd be taking the Premier League by storm, or some such?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/no-wallace-windfall-for-pompey-1-8025953

So Wolves have let Jed Wallace go for less than they paid Pompey, and they'll get nothing out of their sell-on clause. Which is weird, wasn't he the nailed on England prospect who'd be taking the Premier League by storm, or some such?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/no-wallace-windfall-for-pompey-1-8025953

Interesting to note that they don't have £800k (minus the sell-on they could have had off his value) to compete with mighty Millwall, of League One last season...

Have they been taken over yet or is it all a fairy tale?

For something that seemed pretty nailed on a month or so ago it does seem to be dragging on somewhat. That said, I've taken my eye off the Pompey Takeover ball of late (#shock #horror) so perhaps there's been an update or two that I've missed.

Any purchaser with any sense isn't going to take over when there's no cashflow, are they? Kit sales must be due to start, so I could see a perceptive investor wanting some of that... though as he's taking over Portsmouth I'm thinking he's not that perceptive.

For something that seemed pretty nailed on a month or so ago it does seem to be dragging on somewhat. That said, I've taken my eye off the Pompey Takeover ball of late (#shock #horror) so perhaps there's been an update or two that I've missed.
The fireworks parade hasnt started yet,

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})