Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They become villains.

Talking of that, nice to see Matty Taylor doing his best to relegate another club.

We have a vital penalty, tell you what, let's get a bloke who hasn't scored one for five years to take it! :lol:

And I also saw Jamie O'Hara looking like a fridge freezer squeezed into a shirt playing for someone irrelevant the other week.

His career is on fire.

#pompeyheroes

It's the history that counts

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/anniversary-of-pompey-s-famous-demolition-derby-1-6707409

In another ten years they'll still be going on about it

Maybe we should point out to them that it's officially the most one sided derby in English football, and that's in our favour

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/24/the-knowledge-crystal-palace-brighton-closest-derby

Little Ol' Bournemouth - on the brink of exiting the football league just a few short years ago to now joining the Premier League. Surely a bittersweet moment for fatpipes fans serving as a beacon of hope for what can be achieved whilst at the same time reminding them of their increasing insignificance in the South Coast football pecking order.

Of course, they'll all be b'muff fans for at least two days next season. Something for them to look forward to at least.

Portsmouth Schools FA were asked for £3,000 to stage some finals at the Cardboard Coliseum.

Their brass neck knows no bounds considering two schools in the area were owed £15,000 and £11,000 respectively for use of their facilities by their school of excellence in their last administration, (not to mention the £41k King Edward's were owed).

Doesn't do much for their standing as a community club.

Also, it looks as though they might lose Jed 'the blue-shirted Messi' Wallace for peanuts as he has a £275,000 release clause in his contract. Another desperate negotiating punt as they banked on getting promotion this season.

So of all the professional clubs on the south coast from Brighton to Plymouth, which is the lowest ranked?

Ouch! That must hurt.

What's more alarming is the supposed Saints fan posting as 'historyishistory' and being a total bellend.

Agree, I well up for people going on there and winding them up, but try and make it look a bit cleverer than the ramblings of a 5 year old FFS !

I'm amazed he's valued at his release clause price anyway. He's an average player playing for a below average team in the bottom division.

He made the Division 2 team of the year, to be fair, and is only 21. I can believe that a Championship team would tale a punt om him at that price.

Little Ol' Bournemouth - on the brink of exiting the football league just a few short years ago to now joining the Premier League. Surely a bittersweet moment for fatpipes fans serving as a beacon of hope for what can be achieved whilst at the same time reminding them of their increasing insignificance in the South Coast football pecking order.

Of course, they'll all be b'muff fans for at least two days next season. Something for them to look forward to at least.

Doubt they'd be able to bring themselves to support a club that far West of them TBH. They will just have to pray that Eastleigh don't get promoted because that would be the end for them

It is no surprise that clubs are interested in Chesterfield manager Paul Cook. He has done an outstanding job, getting the club to the League One playoffs. The timing of an approach by Portsmouth, however, is poor.

‘We’re in our best position in 30 years,’ said Chesterfield chief executive Chris Turner. ‘It’s very annoying — but it’s football.’ Indeed it is — but weren’t fan-owned clubs supposed to be different?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3059569/Bournemouth-deserve-credit-promotion-Premier-League-excitement-Championship-good.html#ixzz3YggedcW6

Look st this crap posted on that site above lol

Mike WR Jolliffe

Bournemouth were in the lower leagues a while back, what goes around, comes around. Like Scumhampton, Bournemouth will gain lots of new supporters until they too succumb to financial and managerial errors. As soon as they drop down out of the premiership then those "Fairweather" supporters will move on. Pompey has a very, very strong family of supporters, that follow wherever and whatever, 95% hardcore support, unlike the St Mary's Monkeys who have a 35% support base. Pompey til I die!

Look st this crap posted on that site above lol

Mike WR Jolliffe

Bournemouth were in the lower leagues a while back, what goes around, comes around. Like Scumhampton, Bournemouth will gain lots of new supporters until they too succumb to financial and managerial errors. As soon as they drop down out of the premiership then those "Fairweather" supporters will move on. Pompey has a very, very strong family of supporters, that follow wherever and whatever, 95% hardcore support, unlike the St Mary's Monkeys who have a 35% support base. Pompey til I die!

Those % are meaningless, unless they act as an admission that the Skate grand total support base is a generous 16k in total, adding on 5% to their bestest hardcorest 15k ish current gate.

Well done lads.

It's probably also worth noting that, for some inexplicable reason, over the past five years our average attendances when we were in the Championship or League 1 were approximately double theirs in the same league. For some strange reason I couldn't come up with any statistics for our average attendances in League 2. Must be a glitch in google.

Those % are meaningless, unless they act as an admission that the Skate grand total support base is a generous 16k in total, adding on 5% to their bestest hardcorest 15k ish current gate.

Well done lads.

Their average league attendance in 2012/13 was 12,232. Presumably that was the "hardcore support" that "follow wherever and whatever".

It's probably also worth noting that, for some inexplicable reason, over the past five years our average attendances when we were in the Championship or League 1 were approximately double theirs in the same league. For some strange reason I couldn't come up with any statistics for our average attendances in League 2. Must be a glitch in google.

:lol:

All very well but you haven't given us any solid % figures to back up your post, just an approximation. So it can't be a FACT.

Next you'll be making things up such as our Youth Team having a crowd of over 12000 or them only having a crowd of 2731 for a cup match against Premiership side Blackburn in 2001 whilst they were in Div 1 (now Championship).

Bleedin scummahs just dont get it do ya.

As we are making up percentages can I just confirm that we are lagging well behind in one department.

From the main board I recognise that 10% of our support is formed of deluded kneejerk drama queen fantasists, a pretty standard figure across the leagues, while pompey are world beaters with a staggering 85% of fans who will not only gleefully gulp down any lukewarm diarrhea spoon-fed to them by the club and local paper, but they passionately believe that ANY delusional thought that crosses their mind, instantly becomes a fact.

This allows them to flip heroes into villains, and to skillfully weave myths from the smallest shred of pub gossip.

Only Spurs fans can compete on delusion, with their famous belief that they are a big club, but even they are well down at 25%.

pompey lead the world.

Kane Willis ****ing hate scummers congratulating Bournemouth making the premiership thick as **** they hate you just as much as we do, worse supporters in England every team this season has said your atmosphere has been a joke can't even sell in prem league we got the history proven Pompey is the most successful team on the south coast. All the scum are keyboard warriors always hide behind the old bill

This is a superb example of the educational standards of your average knuckle-dragging Skate fan. The poor grammar, the lack of punctuation, the incoherent, rambling, hate-filled bile makes it difficult to guess whether Kane is a pre-pubescent schoolboy, or an incredibly ignorant adult. My money is on the latter.

Their average league attendance in 2012/13 was 12,232. Presumably that was the "hardcore support" that "follow wherever and whatever".

Nah, their 'hardcore' (there go my sides) was the 5 or 6k that used to turn up before they started spending money they didn't have to get them into the top flight.

Even their recent memories appear to be failing as they conveniently forget that they couldn't fill 21k regularly in the Premier League when things were going well!

This is a superb example of the educational standards of your average knuckle-dragging Skate fan. The poor grammar, the lack of punctuation, the incoherent, rambling, hate-filled bile makes it difficult to guess whether Kane is a pre-pubescent schoolboy, or an incredibly ignorant adult. My money is on the latter.

Nope. He's the Bishop of Portsea

Has anyone got that picture of Kane sat on the top deck of the bus at St.Mary's?

I believe he's an "adult". Having a tea-break, so a quick scan and there appears to be only one Kane Willis on Facebook: very enlightening..

Citizen Kane, spitting out random thoughts that make John Westwood look like a normal human being.

Perhaps the sister-bothering, bike-stealing, heather-peddling, cross-eyed, toothless, face-tatted, comma-avoiding, glue-sniffing, Primark-blinged, fact-dodging, illiterate, easily-led simpleton Kane should ask one of his prison warders to read him a league table, just to cheer him up. :lol:

I do hope he never qualifies to vote, though hopefully that whole, go to the Polling Station, collect a bit of paper and write on it bit might be too complex a system to master.

Citizen Kane, spitting out random thoughts that make John Westwood look like a normal human being.

Perhaps the sister-bothering, bike-stealing, heather-peddling, cross-eyed, toothless, face-tatted, comma-avoiding, glue-sniffing, Primark-blinged, fact-dodging, illiterate, easily-led simpleton Kane should ask one of his prison warders to read him a league table, just to cheer him up. :lol:

I do hope he never qualifies to vote, though hopefully that whole, go to the Polling Station, collect a bit of paper and write on it bit might be too complex a system to master.

Don't mince your words Rallyboy,say it like it is. :-)

The delusion of the few is everywhere! PMSL

I particularly enjoyed this comment in response to a guy saying he'd rather be in our or Bournemouth's position right now:

Why ? What have they got to show for it F*CK ALL

I'm sure the distant memory of their glorious 2008 FA Cup win against the Championship's mighty Cardiff City is keeping them warm when they entertain behemoths of modern football such as Mansfield and Newport on cold Tuesday evenings at Fartton. The fact that they've managed to carry on that momentum so well is truly incredible to behold, although the momentum may be carrying them downwards faster than particularly heavy sh!t dropping out of the ar5e of a seagull.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})