Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

For eighteen quid I'd expect to eat my Jam Roly Poly out of Louise Redknapp's gaping m**ge.

That’s not cream in there.

And it ain’t jam either.

Triffic.

Frankly I'm shocked Saints didn't produce Wembley merchandise for all four of our visits in the past three years. :lol:

Incidentally, looking at that Skate Wembley merch they appear to have changed their badge another three times... during the manufacturing process.

I'd imagine the authorities will be a bit on edge over the reckless way the skates have sold tickets, letting fans have up to 9 tickets each, they haven't got a clue who's going. Probably 20k of their "boycotting" :lol: fans and another 20k daytrippers who've rarely been to a game of football in their lives, let alone at "the old girl".

And when you consider their hooligan element (that grew in the 70s/80s infiltrated by the likes of NF and C18 and attracting any wannabe-little-Hitlers) and the area they'll be flooding on Sunday, what could go wrong?

Warsash makes a valid point - Beech not going to Wembley is a proper boycott.

You can't get on your high horse in the winter and stay in the warm, then roll up for the big games in the spring, wearing your half-and-half scarf like nothing happened.

Fair play to him.

The bestest have got some competition this weekend. London has been awash today with red and white. Sunderland fans have turned Trafalgar Square red and white this evening.

Makes TCWTB and the "na na na na" chant look very second rate.

The bestest have got some competition this weekend. London has been awash today with red and white. Sunderland fans have turned Trafalgar Square red and white this evening.

The "other" parking will be awash with caravans i suspect, is there a gypo campsite nearby?

I rarely look at their fans site but did last night. Sunderland really getting to them. Lots of references to the failed promotion game in the early 90s - Saints had a dull end of season game v Man City in the Branfoot era and every time Sunderland scored the lower East erupted! Did Walsh get sent off as well and then wasn’t available for the play offs?

A lot of ex-hooligan talk as well on there. Really are living in the (violent) past.

All local football is off round here and everybody is down the pub watching, but going there and jumping up and down when Sunderland score is probably not a good idea, and schadenfreude is not a virtuous feeling. If enjoyable..

Radio Solent it is then..

Bit of a weird comment. We can't really take the **** having won it a few years back and - no doubt- released a DVD ourselves.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Yes, which they crucified us for. Which is the point.

Congratulations to Pompey. Genuinely happy for them.

They've had to fend off stiff competition from the likes of Grimsby, Accrington Stanley and Swansea's u21s to win the cup, battling against the adversity of almost every single one of their fans boycotting the competition on principle of how worthless and tintop it is.

Let's hope they also win at Wembley in the play - offs. Would be nice to have a chance to play them again one day, and the 3rd round of the FA Cup is likely to be our best chance.

It's no time for being petty - they've had a great day out at Wembley and beating a big club like League One Sunderland is an achievement.

No doubt some will ask questions about whether the players will ever get paid. but that's out of order, it's not like they're running at a loss again.

I'm just pleased for the loyal fans who partially-boycotted, then came good in the end, they're the ones that count.

I often wondered where 657 came from, apparently it was the average attendance for their home games on the glorious cup run of 2019.

a8bbbe6b18ae11ec6832d9de7d73d63c.jpg482c550744214f440089c85605410da3.jpg

#boycott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saying he agonised about it but wanted to take his kids to Wembley.

Which is fair enough but also 100% foreseeable when you take the holier than thou moral high ground decision to "boycott" a cup competition that is is perfectly plausible your club could get to the final of.

Self-aggrandising bullish itters.

So many tales of complete and utter hypocrisy from the skates doing the rounds. They’re are getting awfully sensitive about it too.

Complete and utter SCABS, every single one of them. I personally think that should replace skate.

So many tales of complete and utter hypocrisy from the skates doing the rounds. They’re are getting awfully sensitive about it too.

Complete and utter SCABS, every single one of them. I personally think that should replace skate.

I like this SCABS thing.

Lots of the blue few have been furiously deleting tweets about how much they hate the trophy but we’ve unearthed another. 5a2482ecf41a3ae0960889303d648ad7.jpgbfc7bc88bff01b35c3a154b3c53b062c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought it would be interesting to get Man City fans take on our match with the scallies last night and stumbled across this

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/what-a-difference-city-fans-2014-v-pompey-fans-2019.339670/

"Pikey c*nts from Portsmouth on Sunday"

"Portsmouth are a joke. Regularly got 8-10k back in the day. I went there once with city and it was empty"

"Compare that to the Portsmouth fans, who were allowed to but 6 tickets per season ticket holders meaning there were loads of day trippers there who have never been to a game, it was edgy before the game, with Pompey fans throwing cans at the Sunderland fans, and gobbing on them from the bridge at Wembley Way, and after the game, loads of coked up Pikeys wanting a confrontation, goading the Sunderland fans, singing Northern Monkey ******s etc"

:lol:

I'd imagine the authorities will be a bit on edge over the reckless way the skates have sold tickets, letting fans have up to 9 tickets each, they haven't got a clue who's going. Probably 20k of their "boycotting" :lol: fans and another 20k daytrippers who've rarely been to a game of football in their lives, let alone at "the old girl".

And when you consider their hooligan element (that grew in the 70s/80s infiltrated by the likes of NF and C18 and attracting any wannabe-little-Hitlers) and the area they'll be flooding on Sunday, what could go wrong?

I know of two people who I didn't have a clue were remotely interested in football who went to the match, one who worked with me for 3 years who I spoke to daily who never once mentioned having an interest in football (and I talk about it a lot), and one who... isn't on my friends list any more. :D

In addition I saw football-related posts from a couple of others who I knew were Portsmouth fans circa 2008 but haven't mentioned football for at least 7 years. Anyone in a PO postcode was roped into going.

Edited by The9

I know of two people who I didn't have a clue were remotely interested in football who went to the match, one who worked with me for 3 years who I spoke to daily who never once mentioned having an interest in football (and I talk about it a lot), and one who... isn't on my friends list any more. :D

In addition I saw football-related posts from a couple of others who I knew were Portsmouth fans circa 2008 but haven't mentioned football for at least 7 years. Anyone in a PO postcode was roped into going.

In fairness that was true for our own JPT final. My sister in law and two daughters came with me and my brother to Wembley, none of those three have been to any football match before or since. We haven't got 50k die-hard fans and neither have they.

In fairness that was true for our own JPT final. My sister in law and two daughters came with me and my brother to Wembley, none of those three have been to any football match before or since. We haven't got 50k die-hard fans and neither have they.

You're right, but where we had sold over 40,000 to known supporters before they went on open sale, they were letting theirs buy up to 9 tickets from the off. Anyone who fancied a day out in the big city jumped on the bandwagon. Still, if it gets them off that little island of theirs for a while, it's probably a good thing.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})