Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

So, now the dust has settled on another Pompey stutter, where does this leave their hypocritical fan base next season with regards the Checkatrade tournament? Do they resurrect the boycott for the earlier rounds or embrace the whole tournament now that they seemingly love it?

So, now the dust has settled on another Pompey stutter, where does this leave their hypocritical fan base next season with regards the Checkatrade tournament? Do they resurrect the boycott for the earlier rounds or embrace the whole tournament now that they seemingly love it?

But they have a title to defend, doncha know.

They're scabs, they'll do exactly the same as this season. Boycott until they can all get excited.

Portsmouth FC; No class, no principles, no success.

Did anything happen to that Ugly Skate Kicker in the end , or has it just been brushed under the carpet as usual ?

He`s gone into hiding within the family...………………………………………………….. so could be anywhere on the island :D

How much were they banking on promotion this season? Surely Mr. Mouse won't have bought the club with designs of sitting in Division 3 forever, I wonder how their finances are doing now. I've seen a few Pompey fans expecting to see a couple of their better players being sold to Championship sides.

How much were they banking on promotion this season? Surely Mr. Mouse won't have bought the club with designs of sitting in Division 3 forever, I wonder how their finances are doing now. I've seen a few Pompey fans expecting to see a couple of their better players being sold to Championship sides.

Sadly, mr mouse, is very rich and his best mate/business partner owns Nike.

But speaking to well informed skate at work, he is constantly ploughing money into fratton park to make it safe, gotta spend a hefty sum this year, again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've spent little, and their budget for next season will be the same as it was last season. It'll be another summer of free transfers and small fees for them, with what little talent they have moving on.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/kenny-jackett-admits-no-playing-budget-boost-for-portsmouth-s-next-promotion-mission-1-8935819

Given that they go on about their crowds, and ignoring the Sunderlands of this world they may have a point, where is all the ticket money going? Shoring up Fratton Park?

Edit: just checked and they are second behind Sunderland (-14k ish) and 2k and 4k approximately above the next two teams.

Edited by suewhistle

Given that they go on about their crowds, and ignoring the Sunderlands of this world they may have a point, where is all the ticket money going? Shoring up Fratton Park?

Edit: just checked and they are second behind Sunderland (-14k ish) and 2k and 4k approximately above the next two teams.

They charge utter peanuts for tickets though. Match day revenue ain't all that down in their sh17 tip.

The most recent publicly-stated Pompey playing budget was £3.2m last June. It’s known that figure has increased and now lies north of £4m, although cards are understandably kept to the chest when talking of exact details.

Ten summer signings and bringing in players like Omar Bogle amid the six January recruits makes it obvious enough there’s been a leap, but hardly one into the League One financial stratosphere.

For example, the financial figures for League One clubs in 2016-17 show a total of 11 sides with wage bills in excess of £4.4m - offering a degree of context if you’re looking for it.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/the-intensifying-questions-surrounding-ambition-of-portsmouth-s-owners-1-8936625

My daughter has moved in with a skate, I’ve not met him yet but he has already got my back up by getting my daughter to dress up in pompey colours and sending me the pic, to make matters worse in said picture he is giving me the finger.

I’m not sure who I am more angry with atm.

My daughter has moved in with a skate, I’ve not met him yet but he has already got my back up by getting my daughter to dress up in pompey colours and sending me the pic, to make matters worse in said picture he is giving me the finger.

Oh dear, I would be most upset with my daughter.

Two questions: How old is your daughter? Have you worked out where you are going to dump his body?

I would consider lulling him into a false sense of security, maybe even be extra nice to him - she might hate that you 'like' him and end up dumping him.

Just tell her he's obviously a complete **** and you don't want to see her whilst she is with him.

I find a good smack in the gob works. Or just break his finger!

I take it you don't know where your father's gun is?

Just tell her he's obviously a complete **** and you don't want to see her whilst she is with him.

Communication is pretty non existent atm. I can't let it go on forever as it is my daughter after all but I can't see me ever wanting to meet the idiot.

Every fan can pretend that they are happy in Division Three but it isn't 1972 and Eisner needs the increased income from The Championship.

He is now heading for three consecutive seasons of financial losses just at a time when the gulf between divisions opens up further.

They may well have some glory days when they grab a result against bigger clubs like Barnsley and Luton, but the owner needs income - and for the business side of planning and financing the required new stadium, last night was a total disaster.

Fake news, you only get £4.3m extra revenue in the CCC and the wage bill would have to increase by at least that to not immediately go down. Most Championship clubs are operating on a loss I suspect and I am sure they realise this.

The EFL’s current TV deal amounts to £90m a year – just 3% of the Premier League’s £2.8bn a year, shared among all 72 clubs, although the 24 in the Championship receive the bulk of it. From 2019 an agreed new five-year deal will pay £120m annually. In agreements struck to govern the relationship between the Premier League, which was a breakaway in 1992 from more equal sharing in the Football League, the top flight pays £100m in “solidarity” to lower leagues, including £4.3m to the Championship clubs.

Big day today - if pompey beat Charlton at Wembley, and they are hot favourites, we'll be playing them next season.

I know we've heard this for three years now, but today it feels as close as it's ever been.

:scared:

What do you mean, if they beat Charlton? They're nailed on to win, the bookies won't even offer me odds on Pompey losing.

Fake news, you only get £4.3m extra revenue in the CCC and the wage bill would have to increase by at least that to not immediately go down. Most Championship clubs are operating on a loss I suspect and I am sure they realise this.

The EFL’s current TV deal amounts to £90m a year – just 3% of the Premier League’s £2.8bn a year, shared among all 72 clubs, although the 24 in the Championship receive the bulk of it. From 2019 an agreed new five-year deal will pay £120m annually. In agreements struck to govern the relationship between the Premier League, which was a breakaway in 1992 from more equal sharing in the Football League, the top flight pays £100m in “solidarity” to lower leagues, including £4.3m to the Championship clubs.

On that basis you are aiming to be relegated to D4 as it is financially more sustainable with lower wages and similar gate income?

but surely there are other streams of income if you had gone through your glass ceiling. You would sell out every game..well most, the ticket prices would go up as you wont have to slash them anymore or give away and of course merchandise streams may increase.

If only a small increase in revenue is a problem then you may as well stay where you are. Im sure I wont shed any tears if you don't go up.

Their gap-toothiest of fans are making all kinds of excuses as to why they "didn't want to get promoted" :) but the one I like best is avoiding having to pay a previous owner £5m when they "get to the PL" :) :) when it's worth around £170m even if a club is just up for 1 season. Thick fookers.

but surely there are other streams of income if you had gone through your glass ceiling. You would sell out every game..well most, the ticket prices would go up as you wont have to slash them anymore or give away and of course merchandise streams may increase.

If only a small increase in revenue is a problem then you may as well stay where you are. Im sure I wont shed any tears if you don't go up.

Could they sell one of the other stands to Lidl therefore providing competition for Tesco? Three stands I am sure is the way to go, plus people could do their shopping and watch a bit of footie on the way out.

Bless.

Could they sell one of the other stands to Lidl therefore providing competition for Tesco? Three stands I am sure is the way to go, plus people could do their shopping and watch a bit of footie on the way out.

Aisle 3 - Chicken , bottles of coke, slippers, chain saws, Portsmouth Football club.

Southsea Common is awash with caravans as travellers have moved on next to the D-Day event...

This will be an interesting test of Hampshire police powers - and whether they can be bothered to use them.

Having the FBI on side probably gives them the edge.

Would Lidl want their brand tarnished by association? Even Anusol would refuse

Southsea Common is awash with caravans as travellers have moved on next to the D-Day event...

This will be an interesting test of Hampshire police powers - and whether they can be bothered to use them.

Having the FBI on side probably gives them the edge.

I think you'll find that's just the locals arriving early vying for the best view

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})