Page 2262 of 2264 FirstFirst ... 1262176221622212225222602261226222632264 LastLast
Results 113,051 to 113,100 of 113176

Thread: Pompey Takeover Saga

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Yay... In the play off positions at long last! (Webbed) fingers crossed they scramble out of Division 3 this season.
    The only way I want to see them out of Div 3 is downwards, but not much hope of that unless they can get caught out with dodgy finances or something.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ericofarabia View Post
    The only way I want to see them out of Div 3 is downwards, but not much hope of that unless they can get caught out with dodgy finances or something.
    Maybe Eisener will discover that they can't threaten to up sticks should the local council not pay for the new stadium infrastructure, like they do in the US, and decide to sell the club back to the fans. With creased tablecloths at the ready, the fans then announce exciting plans to spend less on the team and more on the new stadium. Unfortunately, they get the balance wrong and the team starts to struggle. Relegation to Division 4 eventually follows despite the reappointment of the flat fish whisperer Paul Cook.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StDunko View Post
    I can't believe that they are considering rebuilding that stand, but still leaving pillars in place (to hold the roof up) that obstruct the views of those in the stand. I can't think of any other new stands built in the last 30 years that have pillars in the way.
    Blackpool rebuilt stand 4 on the cheap and it has pillars, the other 3 sides are basically mini St Mary's.

Can't remember if Walsall has pillars at Bescot but I think it does, another near the 30 year mark, the 30 year cutoff rules out Glanford Park by a couple of years which is annoying.

Exeter may also have done this but not in either of their two most recently rebuilt stands.

That's enough of that anyway, they did well just putting a roof on it and refurbing the loos 3 years ago - I thought the big Saints logo in the away loos was a bit much tbf, it wasn't there for Newport County's numerous League 2 away wins.

Blog Entries

No mention of the EFL Trophy? Still the worst boycott ever, they're in the semis again, if Newport beat Leicester U21s and then Salford and the Skates see off Exeter I might get a really weird third trip to Wembley in three years to see Newport play (as well as the three trips to see Saints). Though as I'm barely even paying attention to the EFL and FA Cups, never mind the EFL Trophy...

Quote Originally Posted by The9 View Post
    Blackpool rebuilt stand 4 on the cheap and it has pillars, the other 3 sides are basically mini St Mary's.
    The east stand at Bloomfield Road is one of those permanent "temporary" structures, it was erected to comply with the regulations of the Premier League. Before being given the Order of the Boot, the Oystons were trying to gain additional land along Back Henry Street so as to continue the development of that side of the ground in similar form to the other 3 sides.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The9 View Post
    No mention of the EFL Trophy? Still the worst boycott ever, they're in the semis again, if Newport beat Leicester U21s and then Salford and the Skates see off Exeter I might get a really weird third trip to Wembley in three years to see Newport play (as well as the three trips to see Saints). Though as I'm barely even paying attention to the EFL and FA Cups, never mind the EFL Trophy...
    They playing Exeter? oh I might get some free tickets as Ryan Bowman is a family friend.

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    They playing Exeter? oh I might get some free tickets as Ryan Bowman is a family friend.
    To be honest you shouldn't have any difficulty getting them yourself Season ticket holders can get 5 tickets each & all seats are unreserved!

8. Default

Freebies Lol

If they are going to go up I'd prefer they do it automatically rather than through the excitement of the playoffs and Wembley

They've hit form at the right time and look odds on now to go up.

Thank goodness for insurance bets.

Going up is exactly against what the owners want. They want the income of the play offs but not the expense of trying to survive in the Championship. A play off final defeat is their ideal outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they make it to the Championship, I would be really surprised not to see them struggle. There's a long way to go yet, and plenty of time for their relegation form the start of the season to return :-)

Nice to see another derby victory last night against their higher league opponents.

Portsmouth Ladies 0 Southampton Ladies 2

FFS, how many years is it now that you have managed to dodge a propper pot?

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mack rill View Post
    Less years than a football club from Portsmouth have won one without cheating.

(Assuming we're talking about the previous football club that used to play at fratton park rather than the current one with only 8 years of history behind it, of course)

Next.
    Last edited by trousers; 06-02-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Pompey have not won a major trophy in your lifetime with players it fully paid for!

(Unless you are 70+ years old!)

nine on the bounce, starting to get a bit of momentum now,

You are in the tinpot 3rd tier ffs!

*In the 3rd division.

20. Default

Very good, does that include the Johnsons trophy? You have done well

21. Default

FFS have you morphed into Corp Ho, you are losing the humble inferior complex and regaining an arrogance

I guess they don't want to sack the Jackett now then well at least until the next poor result

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    I guess they don't want to sack the Jackett now then well at least until the next poor result
    I'm sure it won't be too long before the Boo's ring out around The Old Girl after failing to beat one of the strugglers.

However it will be a complete jizz fest if they could get Thierry Henri to lead Arsenal out for the FA Cup match, but might go sour as Scummer Cedric cracks in the 5th goal

#JackettOut

“We’ll be top if we win our games in hand”

Oops.

26. Default

FFS... just when you think the 4th best south coast team are, at long last, going to claw themselves out of Division 3 into the chortlefest that awaits us in the Championship, they revert to type and lose again. Jeeez.

I remember the chant of yesteryear ie 'Pompey, Pompey Give Us Your Answer Do, What's It Like To Be Stuck In Division 2'

(To the tune of 'A Bicycle Made For Two')

I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.

I forget. Is he a hero or a villain?

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...rsenal-1555697

I cancelled BT Sports because they use Harry Redknapp.

Cannot understand how the media stick get sucked in by this guy.

31. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jawillwill View Post
    I forget. Is he a hero or a villain?
    for clarity, he's a ****

Do they boycott the boycott again now?

33. Default

Well they scraped through. As soon as I saw that there was going to be 5 mins extra time I felt it would happen. Ah well Exeters team of kids nearly did enough to beat Pompeys first 11. A good day out for their fans and be the first team to retain it. I suppose if you hang around the lower tiers long enough you can do such things

Pompey are likely to set a record and win whatever the Lower league Cup for the second time and fair play to them for that.

I am sure this will be added to their list of titles and cups.

However we never seem to make any reference to our domination of the Southern League from 1885 to 1920 when it was essentially a 3rd Division and we competed with the likes of Spurs.Think we won the title 8 or 9 times.

Strange. Last time they made the final they were only going “to take my kids to experience Wembley” and “a one off day out”. This time it’s to show the support for the club but not the trophy. Whatever fits to boycott the boycott

Strange. Last time they made the final they were only going “to take my kids to experience Wembley” and “a one off day out”. This time it’s to show the support for the club but not the trophy. Whatever fits to boycott the boycott

37. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Balls View Post

Do these JPT scores even register on the vidiprinter these days?
    Lots of them have been skipping home games so should be able to afford their big day out.
    No idea who they are playing I’m that interested.

But how are they doing in the league? I come here for insight and my management summary, for goodness sake.

Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    But how are they doing in the league? I come here for insight and my management summary, for goodness sake.
    Walking it, like they do every season.

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Do these JPT scores even register on the vidiprinter these days?
    Lots of them have been skipping home games so should be able to afford their big day out.
    No idea who they are playing I’m that interested.
    JPT was the glory days when it was a professional tournament and not littered with kids teams.
    Now it’s the Leasing.com trophy and it’s possible for an academy to win it.

Wembley, it's almost like another league fixture now,,, innit!

Quote Originally Posted by spyinthesky View Post
    Pompey are likely to set a record and win whatever the Lower league Cup for the second time and fair play to them for that.

I am sure this will be added to their list of titles and cups.

However we never seem to make any reference to our domination of the Southern League from 1885 to 1920 when it was essentially a 3rd Division and we competed with the likes of Spurs.Think we won the title 8 or 9 times.
    To be fair it's a cup designed for the lower clubs to play for every season...it probably wasn't very fair when we popped down and won it but hey ho...

Make the most of your visit, it'll be your only one this season.

The scabs will always scab. They’re a city with a history of breaking strikes, hardly a surprise they’ll break another one. Bunch of Walter Mitty c*nts

Next season it will be called the "boycott cup", nothing to do with Geoff though

F**k me prediction thread on the main board sort of suggesting you won't be sh**ing on the villa below. kin-ell derby day might be back on the menu again soon.

F**k me prediction thread on the main board sort of suggesting you won't be sh**ing on the villa below. kin-ell derby day might be back on the menu again soon.
    I wouldn't call 50 years 'soon'

48. Default

I had a pompey fan send me the 'Pompey fan walks into pub at Wembley and the barman says
    'The usual?'
    When I said if you carry on wallowing around Division 3 you are bound to get there again he lost his voice
    Last edited by OldNick; 22-02-2020 at 12:42 PM.

49. Default

We have a couple of hem a season now, I know its the old dears down the road but...we did try the old derby but that was time wasted FOUR Nothing

Would be amusing if they finish 7th this season.

Still it's tough coming up against some of the giants of English football such as Fleetwood.